Sorry but...

CrackerDog

I've never seen a guy quit on his team like I'm seeing from Jay tonight. Sure, the line is playing poorly but close to half the sacks thus far are purely ON JAY. Probably more. And his body language is totally unacceptable. If I were Lovie I'd bench him. Roll him out, go to shorter drops. Jesus, this isn't rocket science!

What is the definition of pussy? I bet it's not never missing a game since college. It's only logical for him to sit the rest of the game, head injury or not. Martz didn't adjust the gameplan like he did at Dallas. Maybe Angelo is the pussy for investing $22m/yr in a QB and jacks**t in an OL to protect him.

I've never seen a guy quit on his team like I'm seeing from Jay tonight. Sure, the line is playing poorly but close to half the sacks thus far are purely ON JAY. Probably more. And his body language is totally unacceptable. If I were Lovie I'd bench him. Roll him out, go to shorter drops. Jesus, this isn't rocket science!

Roll outs, thats your solution. Well that would work if you didn't have both ends running right past out line and getting outside pressure.

Some of this Cutler hate is comical.

Martz called a horrible game tonight. You've had your ass beaten the entire 1st half. You just got a 1st down on your 20 with 50 seconds left and you call a pass? You can run out the clock and you should run out the clock.

Horrible game for Martz.

Peace :dabears

Roll outs, thats your solution. Well that would work if you didn't have both ends running right past out line and getting outside pressure.

Some of this Cutler hate is comical.

Bullshit. You mix it up. A moving pocket is an easy thing to try. It's crazy to have him keep taking 7 step drops and pound the ball.

And that wasn't the only thing I said to try. This is embarrassing.

Bullshit. You mix it up. A moving pocket is an easy thing to try. It's crazy to have him keep taking 7 step drops and pound the ball.

And that wasn't the only thing I said to try. This is embarrassing.

The fact that you blame this souly on Jay is comical. Allow me to introduce to you Mike Martz, the OC. Lots of 7 step drops and his QB gets planted alot. Kurt Warner a man who had a real OL got sacked a ton under Martz. Its a high risk, high reward offense. You need however to protect the QB because the basic tenant of the offense is that you will get the QB hit waiting for the routes to develop.

This offense doesnt audible, and makes hot reads at the line of scrimmage. The moving pocket doesnt work when you have both ends breaking into your backfield on every play.

Martz offenses don't mix it up. They attack.

Fully agree Connor....

It's really his first. He certainly gets a pass. But it really looks like we're in trouble on the O-line, and depending on how long Cutler is out...ouch.

Martz called a horrible game tonight. You've had your ass beaten the entire 1st half. You just got a 1st down on your 20 with 50 seconds left and you call a pass? You can run out the clock and you should run out the clock.

Horrible game for Martz.

Peace :dabears

The fact that you blame this souly on Jay is comical. Allow me to introduce to you Mike Martz, the OC. Lots of 7 step drops and his QB gets planted alot. Kurt Warner a man who had a real OL got sacked a ton under Martz. Its a high risk, high reward offense. You need however to protect the QB because the basic tenant of the offense is that you will get the QB hit waiting for the routes to develop.

This offense doesnt audible, and makes hot reads at the line of scrimmage. The moving pocket doesnt work when you have both ends breaking into your backfield on every play.

& the fact your not willing to blame any of it on Cutler is just as comical

What is the definition of pussy? I bet it's not never missing a game since college. It's only logical for him to sit the rest of the game, head injury or not. Martz didn't adjust the gameplan like he did at Dallas. Maybe Angelo is the pussy for investing $22m/yr in a QB and jacks**t in an OL to protect him.

This.

Blame Angelo, Lovie, Martz, and the OL before you start pointing the finger at Cutler.

Cutler didn't play well. I never said he was good tonight. He was total crap on a stick tonight. But the line tonight was historically bad tonight. 2 QBs out of the game due to injury and another QB gets planted. Eventually its the line, and not just all of the QBs holding the ball too long.

Gotta disagree with you guys on this. What in the hell is Cutler supposed to do when:

A] The OL has allowed a free rusher on EVERY play

B] He has been hit on nearly EVERY play

C] Martz continues to call 7-step drop plays

D] Martz refuses to provide more than 5 man coverage

E] Martz refuses to roll Cutler out

F] Martz refuses to run draws or screens enough to affect the DL

G] At least two of the team's offensive linemen are CFL players, at best

H] One of the Bears' offensive linemen might actually be the worst player in the NFL (Omiyale in case you're wondering)

I] The WRs clearly aren't getting open, since a few of the sacks were coverage sacks

Really. What the hell is Cutler supposed to do?

Gotta disagree with you guys on this. What in the hell is Cutler supposed to do when:

H] One of the Bears' offensive linemen might actually be the worst player in the NFL (Omiyale in case you're wondering)

I] The WRs clearly aren't getting open, since a few of the sacks were coverage sacks

Hit the open guys underneath. Throw the ball away.

You are absolutely right. They didn't adjust like in Dallas but Cutler, early on, didn't have much chance. The five and seven dropback won't work after 2-3 sacks. I think Jay could have stepped into the pocket a little more. By the time the half came around it was obvious that Cutler needed to get out.

And there is no way shape or form that I would call him a "pussy". He's taken some pretty good licks since coming to Chicago either in scoring a TD or running for first down and he keeps coming back. Tonite it was a combo of psychological and 8-9 sacks taking their toll.

I'm still a believer. This is a good slap back into reality. On to Carolina!!!

all valid but try throwing the ball away before ya cross the sideline. The OL played crap. The OL IS crap but Cutler needs to get rid of the ball quicker to either an open man or the stands

Hit the open guys underneath. Throw the ball away.

In a Martz offense there are only two ways you have underneath guys. One he spreads out 5 wide. The concussion play was one where maybe he could of hit the underneath guy over the middle. But for the most part, they send guys deep and the safety valve is the RBs and the TEs that leak out. The problem with that is, you can't leak them out if the OLine is a turnstyle. Adjustments that I would of liked to have seen is more screens called to losen up the pass rush. We can't run the ball, so the screen is the only way to get some of that back. The other way would of been to adjust to 5 wide and spread it out earlier. They waited too long.

Can someone edit this title? To call someone who might be the toughest SOB in football a pussy is just insanely stupid to the point where whoever wrote that should be ashamed of themselves. I'd like to see how tough you are and how great you body language is after being hit on what was stupidly close to being EVERY dropback.

Right now, I'd do my best to acquire Logan Mankins from NE, and draft all OL with the first 4 picks. It's disgusting to watch UFL bozos like Webb, Omiyale, E. Williams, and Garza blocking for THE FRANCHISE. Jerry Angelo should get punched for being so dumb.

Nah. I didn't think Cutler was that bad. I mean come on what the hell is he going to do after getting sacked 8 times? Get up and jump for joy? It's a natural human reaction that when something bad happens over and over again you get discouraged and I'm sure inside Cutler was pissed but his body language was not even close to ridiculous, it was what you can expect when that sort of destruction of the offensive line happens. You don't see Peyton Manning smile or look upbeat after he's been nailed a few times, and he's never been sacked 8 times in one game like Cutler was.