We'd have took it

flea

If we were told before the season that the Bears would be 3-1, yes, I'd be happy.

If I knew that it meant the OL were playing like an average high school OL, and Cutler got a concussion in the 4th week of a season that resembles the years that David Carr got pummelled in Houston, then no, I wouldn't be happy.

I expect our defense to be solid with a rookie quarterback at the helm. Clausen looks completely confused and inferior out there to NFL players. I was watching him for a little bit today and he's got a funky throwing motion. He just doesn't look like he can play professional football looking like that. You know Peppers will be ready to face his former team. I expect Carolina to run it down our throats over and over again. Clausen won't throw it 20 times next week unless it's a blowout. We showed tonight that we really aren't as good as people thought we were against the run. However we will lose this game if #1 Cutler doesn't play and #2 the offense can't find a way to put up some points. I thought that was Martz's specialty? So far this year the offense really hasn't been any better than Turner's. I remember a stat that said the Bears only score 1.7 more points at this point this year than they did last year and the number will severely drop after tonights game, in fact I'm sure were actually scoring less points than we did last year. I'm sure Mike Martz's scheme is always well prepared and it is geared towards putting alot of points on the board but the only time his team was really successful was when he had 3 or 4 Hall of Famers on his offense with the Rams when they had Warner, Bruce, Holt, and Faulk. I said before the year started that Cutler mixed with Martz's scheme is a recipe for disaster because his philosophy is to throw the ball to a spot and the throw is already predetermined before the snap. Cutler is a pure gun slinger and making him even more of a gun slinger is a problem. In Denver they had the perfect offense for him when you talk about the West coast scheme. He was rolling out throwing alot of short passes over the middle of the field and to the outside that allowed for the receivers to gain major yardage after the catch. Of course it helps to have a good offensive line and he had that in Denver and now it's probably the best in football and you see Kyle Orton nearly throw for over 500 yards the other day you have to just shake your head..

As disgusted as I am with the whole performance of the offense, I, with a night to sleep on it gained a little perspective on last nights game and the league to this point. This first quarter of football has been just ugly. Call it parity. Call it working out the kinks. The packers looked like crap yesterday. The browns won, the rams won, indy lost. Our defense doesn't look bad. They generated turnovers but our offensive line is just bad.