Cutler Concussion

DABEARSDABOMB

Sounds like Jay Cutler suffered his 1st concussion when Greg Olsen whiffed on a block and Cutler got killed and fumbled the football. At least that is what all of the Chicago radio media seem to be reporting.

Olsen had one of the worse games I've ever seen. He gave up a few sacks on his own, stopped running on multiple passes (2 of which led to picks). They were poor passes regardless, but at least one of them wouldn't have resulted in a pick had he not quit on the route.

That would mean Cutler might have suffered a 2nd concussion on the hit he took on Ross at the end of the 2nd half. That is a pretty scary thing because all medical statistics state that the secondary blows after suffering a concussion are supposedly worse than the initial blow.

Oh and once again, people called Cutler a pussy. He took 4 sacks after getting a concussion. That is just mind-blowing and I can't believe how stupid our doctors must be that they didn't check him out in between series, etc.

Given their track record and the team's history with injuries, I'm not a big fan of the Bears' team doctors. However, I will say that the signs and symptoms a of consussion are very similar to numerous other things, and are easily confused unless it's a really nasty one where the player is calling himself Batman.

Given their track record and the team's history with injuries, I'm not a big fan of the Bears' team doctors. However, I will say that the signs and symptoms a of consussion are very similar to numerous other things, and are easily confused unless it's a really nasty one where the player is calling himself Batman.

Did you see the camera shots of him during the 2nd quarter? Martz was huddled over talking to him and it looked like Jay was in a whole other world. I've never seen Cutler look like that. Never.

And I realize there are other symptoms, but the dude was getting killed. I think I read that at one point he was getting hit on more than 75% of the passing plays and he finished the game being sacked on 45% of passing plays. That is probably the most ridiculous stat I've ever heard of.

It shouldn't really come as a shocker that he'd suffer some sort of injury (or phobia) as a result of it. I'm quite concerned of what sort of long-term impacts this game will have on Jay. Will he get happy feet, will he have no confidence in our offense, will he never recover from this?

It might seem a little panicky, but shit, this type of stuff doesn't happen too often and I remember what happened to David Carr after he got killed in Houston. Prior to that, he was considered a pretty damn promising QB who had shown some nice things in the NFL.

Did you see the camera shots of him during the 2nd quarter? Martz was huddled over talking to him and it looked like Jay was in a whole other world. I've never seen Cutler look like that. Never.

And I realize there are other symptoms, but the dude was getting killed. I think I read that at one point he was getting hit on more than 75% of the passing plays and he finished the game being sacked on 45% of passing plays. That is probably the most ridiculous stat I've ever heard of.

It shouldn't really come as a shocker that he'd suffer some sort of injury (or phobia) as a result of it. I'm quite concerned of what sort of long-term impacts this game will have on Jay. Will he get happy feet, will he have no confidence in our offense, will he never recover from this?

It might seem a little panicky, but shit, this type of stuff doesn't happen too often and I remember what happened to David Carr after he got killed in Houston. Prior to that, he was considered a pretty damn promising QB who had shown some nice things in the NFL.

Agree on the looks of Jay on the sideline. I remember thinking that he looked like he was in a different world--a blank kind of look on his face. Could be that he was already concussed.

And I hope that he comes back with no lingering effects, for his sake as much as the teams.

Yes!

Tommie Harris could be sent to San Diego to reinute with Chico for McNeil. Maybe we give a pick or something else... We have to do something. Our current drop of OL are really putrid.

Cutler has to be one of the players the Bears are counting on to take them to the next level...he won't last long like this.

Should we take a major player or two and make a trade for an O linesman?

Yes!

Tommie Harris could be sent to San Diego to reinute with Chico for McNeil. Maybe we give a pick or something else... We have to do something. Our current drop of OL are really putrid.

Could anyone be dumb enough to give up anything for Tommie? I honestly don't know...

I would think if we thought we could pick someone up who could help right away that a pick and/or a player or two would be worth a solid, above average O linesman.....how about one of your linebackers if necessary, or a WR? If we had to I think no one would be exempt from consideration except Peppers...and Cutler himself.

one would be exempt from

There should be one idiot. Although I think he's on our payroll. No disrespect to the late Gaines Adams, but if we can get a guy with no history of anything great for a 2nd, you'd think someone would do at least that for a former pro bowler. And McNeil is rotting at home...at least they'd get something. I'm not saying that's the deal, but I think a deal can be done. Harris could see a resurgence somewhere else with a change of scenery...you never know. Every coach thinks they could be the guy to do it to some degree.

There's no need to trade our true strengths...but anything else should be fair game. Keeping our QB from an early retirement should be first and foremost.

Could anyone be dumb enough to give up anything for Tommie? I honestly don't know...

I would think if we thought we could pick someone up who could help right away that a pick and/or a player or two would be worth a solid, above average O linesman.....how about one of your linebackers if necessary, or a WR? If we had to I think no one would be exempt from consideration except Peppers...and Cutler himself.

one would be exempt from

There should be one idiot. Although I think he's on our payroll. No disrespect to the late Gaines Adams, but if we can get a guy with no history of anything great for a 2nd, you'd think someone would do at least that for a former pro bowler. And McNeil is rotting at home...at least they'd get something. I'm not saying that's the deal, but I think a deal can be done. Harris could see a resurgence somewhere else with a change of scenery...you never know. Every coach thinks they could be the guy to do it to some degree.

There's no need to trade our true strengths...but anything else should be fair game. Keeping our QB from an early retirement should be first and foremost.

If we could get something for Harris I would be all for it, even packaging him for a draft pick...again, not knowing enough about whether one guy would really help short term limits my comments, but I hope to goodness they are going to pull out all of the stops to protect the QB. How long has it been a significant problem?

LaCanfora an Schefter reporting Cutler will play at Carolina barring post concussion symptoms in practice.

McNeil signed his 630k tender and reported like 2 weeks ago. I believe he's elgible to play week 6.

LaCanfora an Schefter reporting Cutler will play at Carolina barring post concussion symptoms in practice.

McNeil signed his 630k tender and reported like 2 weeks ago. I believe he's elgible to play week 6.

I would imagine that the Chargers aren't going to be trading him, but I'd obviously make an offer. I would offer up Harris and our 2nd rounder.

Sounds like Jay Cutler suffered his 1st concussion when Greg Olsen whiffed on a block and Cutler got killed and fumbled the football. At least that is what all of the Chicago radio media seem to be reporting.

Olsen had one of the worse games I've ever seen. He gave up a few sacks on his own, stopped running on multiple passes (2 of which led to picks). They were poor passes regardless, but at least one of them wouldn't have resulted in a pick had he not quit on the route.

That would mean Cutler might have suffered a 2nd concussion on the hit he took on Ross at the end of the 2nd half. That is a pretty scary thing because all medical statistics state that the secondary blows after suffering a concussion are supposedly worse than the initial blow.

Oh and once again, people called Cutler a pussy. He took 4 sacks after getting a concussion. That is just mind-blowing and I can't believe how stupid our doctors must be that they didn't check him out in between series, etc.

tought so

If this is true I take back my harsh assessment of Cutler. I read that look on his face as not giving a shit. And his tossing the ball in the air as he was running out of bounds, etc. was all part of that body language I talked about in my earlier post. It looked like he gave up to me... early. I hope I'm wrong.

If the Bears medical staff didn't keep an eye on Cutler after the beating he was taking and he took multiple jarring headshots after he was already concussed...the whole lot of them should be fired. They could have ruined his season. Or his career.

Or his post-football life. Forget as a football player and an entertainer. The kid has a life to lead when he's done on the gridiron. Shame on them.

I think you're wrong. Cutler may be a lot of things, but pussy ain't one.

If this is true I take back my harsh assessment of Cutler. I read that look on his face as not giving a shit. And his tossing the ball in the air as he was running out of bounds, etc. was all part of that body language I talked about in my earlier post. It looked like he gave up to me... early. I hope I'm wrong.