My first 2010 Bears mock

Ed Hochuli 3:16

1. Joseph Barksdale, LSU, OT

---Barksdale projects as a RT in the NFL which would be my biggest need. I'm not willing to give up on Chris Williams yet.

2. Jeremy Beal, Oklahoma, DE

---Beal has been pretty good this year and we need help from Peppers. Anderson has been bad and Idonije isn't much better. As much as I'd rather see them take an OG or C, getting to QB's is pretty damn important.

3. Jon Moffitt, Wisconsin, OG

---Moffitt is a mauler and Garza has been terrible.

BEARS TRADE TOMMIE HARRIS THE GIANTS FOR THEIR 3RD ROUND PICK

3. Stephen Paea, Oregon State, DT

---Paea is an underachiever so far but a steal in round 3.

The D-line is pretty far down the list of needs for me. I'd much rather take a CB or SS with the 2nd round pick, if we don't go O-line.

Not only do I agree with my mock but I'm doing it from JA's and Lovie's points of view. They more than likely trust guys like Bowman, Moore, Jennings, and Graham as CB's. Also, doesn't the organization see Wright as the SS of the future? If they do, while I'm not a C. Harris fan, he's certainly competant at FS for a year or 2, and I get the sense that the organization also believes in Steltz & Manning as solid safeties. Thus, I see the S position as one that's down their, and my, list.

Not only do I agree with my mock but I'm doing it from JA's and Lovie's points of view. They more than likely trust guys like Bowman, Moore, Jennings, and Graham as CB's. Also, doesn't the organization see Wright as the SS of the future? If they do, while I'm not a C. Harris fan, he's certainly competant at FS for a year or 2, and I get the sense that the organization also believes in Steltz & Manning as solid safeties. Thus, I see the S position as one that's down their, and my, list.

That's great, but I'm not so certain JA and Lovie will have any say in the draft, if you catch my meaning.

That's great, but I'm not so certain JA and Lovie will have any say in the draft, if you catch my meaning.

Yes they will.

You have to think about the mess the lockout is going to create. The 2011 NFL draft will be governed under the rules of this year's CBA, but nothing else will be. Everything else other than the combine and the draft will stop after the Super Bowl. There will be no free agency period, no signing of draft picks, etc.

Without a CBA deal in place, you're almost foolish to replace anyone in the front office, because you don't want to pay 2 people to do 0 people's jobs. Since the draft is still going to happen, even if you're going to fire Angelo, you don't do it until there's some hint of a CBA in place.

if theres a lock-out will it affect the draft at all?

The draft will happened as planned. However, the draft is the last thing covered by the current CBA. The combine will happen, the draft will happen, but that will be it. No OTA's will happen involving draft picks and no draft picks will be signed to contracts. It will be an absolute mess.

If nothing else, you want to have a playbook to get to your draftees so that they can do something, because they won't be able to practice or work out with the team.

Don't lie to yourself, dude. You're doing it from YOUR point of view, with a mix of something else in there. If you were truly doing it from Lovie and JA's point of view you wouldn't have selected multiple OLinemen.

No, I caught that. But apparently you missed when you typed, "I'm doing it from JA's and Lovie's points of view."

Um, yeah, no you're not. History suggests otherwise.

Yeah: half from my point of view and half from the organization's. Trust me, if it was all me, I'd have OT, C, OG, and OT. Lovie and company love taking DL.