Anderson cut, Grant signed

madlithuanian

on Anderson

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...ease-05.article

Charles Grant formerly of the Saints...part of the Star Caps crew...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Grant...rican_football)

2002 pick

Who would have predicted this one? I would never have imagined Anderson would get cut....wish we had Brown!

Hasn't that been suggested from last year and it seemed that Harris's contract left him untouchable?

Alot of guys who were thought to be Bears starters are going out the door...

Start looking at other team's practice squads. This is how we found Roach and Big Toe.

Peace :dabears

Plus knowing that Grant was even cut by the Omaha Night Hawks in the new United Football League has to make you wonder how much that the inmates are running the asylum. I have said it before and will say it once again, Philips, Angelo and the entire coaching staff need to be sent packing and sent packing now. We need someone who really understands the ins and outs of player evaluation and getting the most out of the talent from those players. Anderson has not be worth a damn since his amazing 12 sacks his rookie year and now we have a scrub who was cut three times this year alone. Getting rid of A.B. was a mistake and Tommie Harris continues to become less and less of a talent. Glad we some how got Peppers however, the offensive line is still suffering and Cutler, Collins or Haine are going to be running for their lives the rest of the season. I am shocked we're 3-1 and we'll see what happens in the next twelve games. I am personally not expecting much and at least that way I will be able to some what tolerate the season.

Grant hasn't really stuck in the NFL because of his looming suspension more than anything. It isn't his lack of production. He's still a pretty strong end and I have read many articles raving about the strong camp he had in Miami. However, it was a numbers game and with him not going to get a starting spot in Miami it was decided that he'd go elsewhere.

Just another moronic move made by Lovie Smith and Jerry Angelo. Unable to develop players with potential. The guy had 12 sacks his rookie year, he was supposed to be good. That doesn't happen by luck. He'll go to a team that runs a 3-4 defense and thrive as a linebacker that can rush the passer.

I'm in agreement. 12 sacks do not happen by a fluke. This, and the defensive line's underwhelming performance, just makes a little sicker every time I hear about how awesome Marinelli is at coaching the DL. IF it weren't for the fact that Peppers is from Krypton, the DL would be taking just about as much heat as the OL. Just about.

I'm in agreement. 12 sacks do not happen by a fluke. This, and the defensive line's underwhelming performance, just makes a little sicker every time I hear about how awesome Marinelli is at coaching the DL. IF it weren't for the fact that Peppers is from Krypton, the DL would be taking just about as much heat as the OL. Just about.

I think they can and in this case did happen by a fluke. Don't be fooled. Those 12 came when the defensive front was at it's best. Anderson walked into more than half of those sacks.

2 of those came against Seattle with no Shaun Alexander to account for. 1 when they were down 27-6 and the other 34-6.

2 came against Buffalo. 1 when they were down 20-0 and the other 40-0.

2 against the Rams. 1 when it was 35-13 and 1 when it was 42-20 with 2:00 minutes left.

1 against 49ers. 1:59 left in the game San Fran down 41-10

1 against a bad Green Bay team that was down 16-0 and ended up losing 26-0 in the opener.

He had a couple of .5 sacks and one more against Detroit early on.

I think he had 2 important sacks that year. 1 against Arizona that caused a fumble and 1 against Detroit that caused a fumble. Those games were close and those 2 plays contributed to Wins. EDIT : I was just able to view that Arizona sack...Anderson was completely unblocked and had a full sprint to Leinart's blind side right off the ball.

This was when the Bears D was at it's peak with Tank and Tommie in the middle and Ogun on the end. Alex Brown had 7 sacks that year too. I mean the 12 sacks were nice, but let's not pretend they were anything more than a product of the system. Brown was always the better player and the smarter player. Anderson was and always will be garbage. I can give a shit about cutting bait on him...I wish they would've done it 2 years ago and Brown would still be here.

Yup.

Here we go again...

Meanwhile, the Vikings pick up Moss for a lowly 3rd...

Just another moronic move made by Lovie Smith and Jerry Angelo. Unable to develop players with potential. The guy had 12 sacks his rookie year, he was supposed to be good. That doesn't happen by luck. He'll go to a team that runs a 3-4 defense and thrive as a linebacker that can rush the passer.

Yup.

Here we go again...

Meanwhile, the Vikings pick up Moss for a lowly 3rd...

3rd rounders can be pretty valuable picks. Good to develop olineman and just depth in general. I wouldn't have traded for Moss. I'd deal a 3rd for a good olineman but I wouldn't call a 3rd not-valuable. Usually late 1st through 3rds tend to be pretty valuable because you get a shot at pretty solid athletes for cheap and you have to hope a decent % of those pan out.

Of course they are. So are HoF receivers.. In fact, more valuable.

Not sure I ever said a 3rd wan't valuable. Not sure where you got that from. But for Moss, it's a bargain. And at the rate the Bears whiff in the draft, that's beyoind a bargain.

3rd rounders can be pretty valuable picks. Good to develop olineman and just depth in general. I wouldn't have traded for Moss. I'd deal a 3rd for a good olineman but I wouldn't call a 3rd not-valuable. Usually late 1st through 3rds tend to be pretty valuable because you get a shot at pretty solid athletes for cheap and you have to hope a decent % of those pan out.

Of course they are. So are HoF receivers.. In fact, more valuable.

Not sure I ever said a 3rd wan't valuable. Not sure where you got that from. But for Moss, it's a bargain. And at the rate the Bears whiff in the draft, that's beyoind a bargain.

I'd say for the Vikings it was a good move given there lack of depth at the WR position currently and the fact that outside of that they are a borderline super bowl team. However, for the Bears, it would have been a very poor trade, imo.

I still think the Bears need a big body bailout guy... Moss is that guy. We don't have one right now.

I'd say for the Vikings it was a good move given there lack of depth at the WR position currently and the fact that outside of that they are a borderline super bowl team. However, for the Bears, it would have been a very poor trade, imo.

I think what's being overlooked here is that Anderson wasn't producing and, as the article pointed out, he did lose out to Idonije. Who hasn't been playing all that bad. So I say why not try out a proven commodity in someone like Grant? He did have 5 1/2 sacks last year and had a "strong camp" in Miami.

I agree that they do need to look at the Oline but I think options are slim in the FA world. Nevertheless I have a feeling someone will be added soon.