Anderson cut, Grant signed

madlithuanian

I think what's being overlooked here is that Anderson wasn't producing and, as the article pointed out, he did lose out to Idonije. Who hasn't been playing all that bad. So I say why not try out a proven commodity in someone like Grant? He did have 5 1/2 sacks last year and had a "strong camp" in Miami.

I agree that they do need to look at the Oline but I think options are slim in the FA world. Nevertheless I have a feeling someone will be added soon.

Not overlooked by me. Anderson never produced and his 12 sacks which made him look promising, were really just a smoke screen. You would think one of the defensive coaches would have been able to see that. If the team was going to crown him based on 12 sacks, and they did, you would think they would have at least done their due diligence and studied his sacks. Was he making good moves? Was he mentally making good choices? Was he overpowering guys? OR was he just getting pretty lucky. If you look back at the detail I posted, his sacks we're pretty damn meaningless. No way were they enough to unseat Alex Brown, but they did it anyway, only to give the spot back to Brown because Anderson was as mediocre as anyone who bothered to study him knew. Then a few years later we're in the same boat...We don't need Brown...Anderson has all the tools. pfft.

As for this Grant guy...sure lets give him a shot. It's just weird that the dude was cut and passed through waivers of the UFL, yet he is good enough to play here. If that's the case....get an O Lineman from that league.

DA is that guy. He looked great at the end of last year and had 1 bad game which got him in the doghouse for some reason.

Peace :dabears

Agree....I can't for the life of me figure out what is going on. Cutler expressed how much he liked DA and wanted him to play all year last year. Then they finally let him play and he looks great. He looked pretty good week 1 as well. He made some mistakes, no doubt, but wtf?

He not a big body though. Tall, but not beefy. I'd like to give him a shot for sure. He's in the infamous bizarro doghouse....so who knows what will happen besides letting him go and seeing Kyle Orton throw to another good WR in Denver! :P

DA is that guy. He looked great at the end of last year and had 1 bad game which got him in the doghouse for some reason.

Peace :dabears

Trust me...

default_display_image.jpg?1268763464

Agree....I can't for the life of me figure out what is going on. Cutler expressed how much he liked DA and wanted him to play all year last year. Then they finally let him play and he looks great. He looked pretty good week 1 as well. He made some mistakes, no doubt, but wtf?

He not a big body though. Tall, but not beefy. I'd like to give him a shot for sure. He's in the infamous bizarro doghouse....so who knows what will happen besides letting him go and seeing Kyle Orton throw to another good WR in Denver! :P

After 4 or 5 years kicking around the league one way or another you'd think DA would have been working harder on the weights. Just compare Knox and Hester to his physique and that tells you all you need to know about work ethic of the different players. You have to think that carries over to film study and work on the practice field...and the rumors have always been that DA isn't the best practice player.

This is the NFL and dependability on every down is often worth more than a few flashy positive plays unless those positive plays are of the elite type. Thus we see Earl Bennett on the field. I absolutely hope DA gets it and starts working harder to get on the field instead of just saying "I don't know why I'm not on the field". You are a grown man, go talk to your coaches one on one and figure it out, I'm pretty sure they'll tell you what you need to do. For all the griping about DA not being on the field the other side of the coin shows a Lovie Smith totally into accountability this year. I haven't heard much arguing about the benching of Bowman, T. Harris, Anderson got cut, etc. and as much as it hurts to say I'm going to have to give Lovie and Martz the benefit of the doubt on DA.

The DA and MA episodes are very similar to the Corey Graham issue as well as many other cases where guys look really good and suddenly fall out of favor, never to be seen again... I wish we could know what happened in these situations.

Been happening for years

"We did a lot of work on Charles in terms of game tape in the preseason and in the past, even as recently as his game from the UFL last Saturday,'' Angelo said. "We feel that he's a better fit than Mark was in terms of the left-end position. He also has the ability to play down inside as a three-technique. We like his versatility, his experience speaks for itself, and he was an upgrade." Per Chicago Tribune

The writing may be on the wall, I won't be surprised if Tommie is next on the cut list.

Agreed. And that's the knock I've heard on him...that he doesn't prep well.

Me, I'll never give Smith and JA any benefit of the doubt. Martz, I will for now.

After 4 or 5 years kicking around the league one way or another you'd think DA would have been working harder on the weights. Just compare Knox and Hester to his physique and that tells you all you need to know about work ethic of the different players. You have to think that carries over to film study and work on the practice field...and the rumors have always been that DA isn't the best practice player.

This is the NFL and dependability on every down is often worth more than a few flashy positive plays unless those positive plays are of the elite type. Thus we see Earl Bennett on the field. I absolutely hope DA gets it and starts working harder to get on the field instead of just saying "I don't know why I'm not on the field". You are a grown man, go talk to your coaches one on one and figure it out, I'm pretty sure they'll tell you what you need to do. For all the griping about DA not being on the field the other side of the coin shows a Lovie Smith totally into accountability this year. I haven't heard much arguing about the benching of Bowman, T. Harris, Anderson got cut, etc. and as much as it hurts to say I'm going to have to give Lovie and Martz the benefit of the doubt on DA.