Concerned..

Ed Hochuli 3:16

I'm very concerned with this team's well being right now. If you ask Lovie, "we're 3-1 in the first quarter" of the season. The way I see it- the Bears have the worst OL in the history of history.

The way this franchise has put together a team is laughable. They trade an adequate QB, 2 first round picks and a 3rd round pick for Jay Cutler. They invest $22m per season in this franchise QB. They pay d**k in guys who could be even described as "average" offensive linemen and instead sign guys who should be working construction. I'm confused. Yet, the Packers have a franchise QB, and they draft a guy like Bryan Bulaga to improve the OL both now AND in the future. They have a group of great WR's for Rodgers. They have a great defensive coordinator with defensive players who can run his scheme.

Not only this, but the special teams. Look: I love Robbie Gould. But how does a team make a guy who can't make a 50 yard FG the highest paid kicker ever? Then, they take the best player ever at his position (Devin Hester) into a WR (fail). Think about it- "hey, this is Bill Polian. Peyton Manning is a great QB. I think I'll make him into an offensive guard! Yeah!" Like that would ever happen. I know this might be a bad comparison, but if a guy is the best player ever at one thing, why force him into something he's not?

Lastly, I love the defense this year. Peppers has been an absolute beast, Urlacher is 2003 Brian Urlacher, and Briggs has been typical Briggs. Tillman has brought his ball punching this year, and yet, the offense (offensive line) is going to choke this season away. Also, the defense is getting old. Peppers, Urlacher, Tillman, Adams, Briggs, and Tinoisamoa (IIRC) are all 30 years old or older. I'm scared for the future for the team BECAUSE of the aging of the D.

How does an organization fathom giving Brandon Manumaleuna, who in his career might not have 10 catches, $15 million? Why not use that and the money they gave Taylor seeing as if how they don't want to run the ball to sign a guy like Aaron Kampman? They'd have Peppers off one end, Kampman off another, and on top of that, they would've been stealing him away from the Packers. Instead, Kampman gets to rot away in Jacksonville in front of a half-full stadium week in-week out. Think he would've chose Chicago over Jacksonville? Me too.

I think this rant is coming from my financial part of my brain. I do alright for a living. I enjoy (not really) paying this franchise my season ticket holder bill annually. I like taking trips every year to watch this team play (hey, I'm 2-0 so far). My fashion sense has always been sports, sports, sports. I own about 12 Bears t-shirts, 5 hoodies, 3 hats, 2 winter hats, and 5 jerseys (Knox 1940's throwback, Urlacher orange, Cutler white, Peppers blue [all which were $225], and a Forte screen print). I know what the smarta** answer is: "stop buying them then" or "then sell me your tickets." But the bottom line is this- how can an organization be so f***ing dumb? I love the team- "Chicago Bears." But I hate a lot of the things going on with this franchise, and one day, I have a feeling that they will turn into the present-day Detroit Lions.

sorry bro. Its gonna get worse before it gets better. As the inevitable new offensive line gels, the D will be getting ready for pasture. Jerry had 2 drafts to get Cutler some protection and failed. Now we're 2 years into the Cutler era and are at least 2 years away on having a decent OL.

I'm very concerned with this team's well being right now. If you ask Lovie, "we're 3-1 in the first quarter" of the season. The way I see it- the Bears have the worst OL in the history of history.

The way this franchise has put together a team is laughable. They trade an adequate QB, 2 first round picks and a 3rd round pick for Jay Cutler. They invest $22m per season in this franchise QB. They pay d**k in guys who could be even described as "average" offensive linemen and instead sign guys who should be working construction. I'm confused. Yet, the Packers have a franchise QB, and they draft a guy like Bryan Bulaga to improve the OL both now AND in the future. They have a group of great WR's for Rodgers. They have a great defensive coordinator with defensive players who can run his scheme.

Not only this, but the special teams. Look: I love Robbie Gould. But how does a team make a guy who can't make a 50 yard FG the highest paid kicker ever? Then, they take the best player ever at his position (Devin Hester) into a WR (fail). Think about it- "hey, this is Bill Polian. Peyton Manning is a great QB. I think I'll make him into an offensive guard! Yeah!" Like that would ever happen. I know this might be a bad comparison, but if a guy is the best player ever at one thing, why force him into something he's not?

Lastly, I love the defense this year. Peppers has been an absolute beast, Urlacher is 2003 Brian Urlacher, and Briggs has been typical Briggs. Tillman has brought his ball punching this year, and yet, the offense (offensive line) is going to choke this season away. Also, the defense is getting old. Peppers, Urlacher, Tillman, Adams, Briggs, and Tinoisamoa (IIRC) are all 30 years old or older. I'm scared for the future for the team BECAUSE of the aging of the D.

How does an organization fathom giving Brandon Manumaleuna, who in his career might not have 10 catches, $15 million? Why not use that and the money they gave Taylor seeing as if how they don't want to run the ball to sign a guy like Aaron Kampman? They'd have Peppers off one end, Kampman off another, and on top of that, they would've been stealing him away from the Packers. Instead, Kampman gets to rot away in Jacksonville in front of a half-full stadium week in-week out. Think he would've chose Chicago over Jacksonville? Me too.

I think this rant is coming from my financial part of my brain. I do alright for a living. I enjoy (not really) paying this franchise my season ticket holder bill annually. I like taking trips every year to watch this team play (hey, I'm 2-0 so far). My fashion sense has always been sports, sports, sports. I own about 12 Bears t-shirts, 5 hoodies, 3 hats, 2 winter hats, and 5 jerseys (Knox 1940's throwback, Urlacher orange, Cutler white, Peppers blue [all which were $225], and a Forte screen print). I know what the smarta** answer is: "stop buying them then" or "then sell me your tickets." But the bottom line is this- how can an organization be so f***ing dumb? I love the team- "Chicago Bears." But I hate a lot of the things going on with this franchise, and one day, I have a feeling that they will turn into the present-day Detroit Lions.

FYI - Gould has made 2 field goals over 50 and is in the top 3 of field goal % all time. He is worth the money.

Peace :dabears

FYI - Gould has made 2 field goals over 50 and is in the top 3 of field goal % all time. He is worth the money.

And his salary isn't getting in the way of the Bears making any decisions. Gould is one of the best kickers in the league. The big thing that scares me is I feel like we have the type of defense that should continue to improve as the season goes on and I would like to think our offense will too, but that is only the case if we don't ruin/kill our QB in the process. I am really hoping that Louis, Omilaye and Williams pan out as starters. Louis has made improvements and when he got hurt our line really fell apart on Sunday. Schaffer had just an atrocious game and Omilaye (whether you like him or not) is out of position on the left side.

We need to get our oline healthy and get them playing consistently with each other. That alone should lead to some sort of improvements, despite the fact that they are ridiculously inexperienced.

Note: Just because I say improvements, doesn't mean I'm stating that we'll have a good oline this season. That is impossible, but maybe we can come closer to the pack and just be the worse oline in the league instead of the worse oline of all time.

this is a good...no wait, this is a great post. dumbest organization ever. Still love them though

I can't say I agree entirely with what you have said.

As far as I am concerned, getting Cutler was a good move. How many times do you have a chance to get a young guy with that much talent at the QB position. I liked the move, the price was hefty but worth it IMO. Orton was never going to be more than ordinary.

The O line is hurtin for certain. Agreed there, we suck on that front.

However, I think we got two good coaches in Tice and Martz, big upgrades.

The D is getting somewhat old, probably at least a few good years left with most core players. If we could get better fast at O Line we might be playoff material.

The Bears have been up and down for years and probably will always be, AS MOST TEAMS ARE. Wasn't that long ago New England was a perennial joke as was Dallas in the past. We are at least average in wins I would say. I don't think we are all that dumb of an organisation, everyone cannot win every year.

Too many here are apparently Chicago Cubs fans and not enough White Sox fans. Where the Cubs are used to not making the playoffs and expect to finish out of the post season, White Sox folks generally feel as though they are contenders each year. Not sure if it is the North side versus South side way of thinking or what but to think the Bears are going to become the new "Lions" is sad. Sure the OL looks like a mess but the team overall is not that bad. And they are 3-1. In those wins the Bears beat the Cowboys (on the road) and Green Bay. Both teams that are considered contenders for playoff spots. Who among you would have expected this to be the case? I know I didn't, and I am probably one of the more optimistic here. This upcoming week against Carolina could be looked at in either a chance for redemption or a continual downward slide. My vote is that the Bears will play up and prove last week was a once in lifetime flop.

I can't say I agree entirely with what you have said.

As far as I am concerned, getting Cutler was a good move. How many times do you have a chance to get a young guy with that much talent at the QB position. I liked the move, the price was hefty but worth it IMO. Orton was never going to be more than ordinary.

The O line is hurtin for certain. Agreed there, we suck on that front.

However, I think we got two good coaches in Tice and Martz, big upgrades.

The D is getting somewhat old, probably at least a few good years left with most core players. If we could get better fast at O Line we might be playoff material.

The Bears have been up and down for years and probably will always be, AS MOST TEAMS ARE. Wasn't that long ago New England was a perennial joke as was Dallas in the past. We are at least average in wins I would say. I don't think we are all that dumb of an organisation, everyone cannot win every year.

Did you not read what I said? I said they got Cutler AND SURROUNDED HIM WITH NOTHING PARTICULARLY ON THE OFFENSIVE LINE. The move wasn't bad at all. In fact, it was a great one. The moves after, though, were bad.

So 2 in, what, 5 years? Fantastic. That sentence of "can't make a 50 yard FG" was sarcasm. He's made 2 in his career and the staff often punts when a 50+ yarder is the other option. Follow?

Too many here are apparently Chicago Cubs fans and not enough White Sox fans. Where the Cubs are used to not making the playoffs and expect to finish out of the post season, White Sox folks generally feel as though they are contenders each year. Not sure if it is the North side versus South side way of thinking or what but to think the Bears are going to become the new "Lions" is sad. Sure the OL looks like a mess but the team overall is not that bad. And they are 3-1. In those wins the Bears beat the Cowboys (on the road) and Green Bay. Both teams that are considered contenders for playoff spots. Who among you would have expected this to be the case? I know I didn't, and I am probably one of the more optimistic here. This upcoming week against Carolina could be looked at in either a chance for redemption or a continual downward slide. My vote is that the Bears will play up and prove last week was a once in lifetime flop.

I'm a White Sox fan, and it was my opinion that they aren't very far away from getting like Detroit. There isn't very much skilled youth here (Name me 6 players who you look at and say- "he's a keeper." Hell, name me 3. Knox, Cutler, and..?) and the drafting to gain good, youthful players isn't there.

Did you not read what I said? I said they got Cutler AND SURROUNDED HIM WITH NOTHING PARTICULARLY ON THE OFFENSIVE LINE. The move wasn't bad at all. In fact, it was a great one. The moves after, though, were bad.

So 2 in, what, 5 years? Fantastic. That sentence of "can't make a 50 yard FG" was sarcasm. He's made 2 in his career and the staff often punts when a 50+ yarder is the other option. Follow?

I'm a White Sox fan, and it was my opinion that they aren't very far away from getting like Detroit. There isn't very much skilled youth here (Name me 6 players who you look at and say- "he's a keeper." Hell, name me 3. Knox, Cutler, and..?) and the drafting to gain good, youthful players isn't there.

Sorry, I did not read your post thoroughly enough...my bad.

I think you missed the part where I noted he is in the top 3 all time in FG percentage. IMHO you can complain about alot of things with this team but Gould and his pay is not one of them.

... Overall keepers: Peppers, Briggs, Urlacher, Tillman, Adams, Maynard, Taylor

youthful "keepers": Toenia, Hester, Gould, Aromashodu, Bennett, Olsen, Jennings (there's more) but I think i have listed a few decent players. No OLmen listed but I do like Kreutz. Has tenacity even though age is starting to get the best of him.