We need help!!!!!!

Wesson44

So wait. Let me get this straight. Cutler is getting sacked because his WR's are short?

Forget Vincent Jackson. If you're going to make a trade with the Chargers, trade for Marcus McNeil.

Yes in a way he is. Because he had 26 INT's last year he is protecting the ball better so instead of throwing to our short WR's he is holding the ball more.If he had a bigger(taller) 6'5 guy he can lob the ball over the smaller DB the same way he trys to hit Olsen all the time. It's a mismatch. Shotgun--3 step drop and throw the fade route.

Nobody is doubting your football past. But you just don't throw continuous lob passes to tall receivers when the QB is under duress. One, this creates a situation where a QB is still getting murdered. And, two, just as important, you've now set up a situation where a WR is more likely to be injured.

Most of the quick throws to Moss and Fitzgerald aren't just lob passes. But that's because those guys know how to get open better, and more often...and the OLs on their teams actually block consistently.

Sorry, dude, but with the Bears of the last three years, it's ALL the OL. Fix that, and the "short" WRs won't have problems.

Well thats but what I'm saying not every pass will be a lob, but just as in the Dallas game if you get burned on one of them then the defense will adjust and back off. Yes the line needs to block but a taller WR would help Cutler throw the ball quicker. Just picture you being 5'10 and me being 6'5 if I'm standing in front of you and cutler throws a quick high pass......who has the better chance of making the catch me or you?

Yes in a way he is. Because he had 26 INT's last year he is protecting the ball better so instead of throwing to our short WR's he is holding the ball more.If he had a bigger(taller) 6'5 guy he can lob the ball over the smaller DB the same way he trys to hit Olsen all the time. It's a mismatch. Shotgun--3 step drop and throw the fade route.

That's a complete misstatement, and you know it. Go look at the video lowlights; I have. Nine or ten of those interceptions are because WRs/TEs ran the wrong route, fell down, ran into an official, or something else. You can't compare last year to this year.

Yes, a taller WR has a better shot at getting a high pass than a shorter DB, but that doesn't mean the odds are good either way. A lob to Olsen is not going to be caught most of the time because he'll have no separation, and as soon as the ball hits his hands it will be blasted away. The reason why the seam pass works in crowded territory is because it's over the MLB's head, and he doesn't see it. That's where the height is a definite advantage, because the QB can throw it just that much more over the top. But a fade route? Really? That is not the solution to the problems. The solution is clearly the OL. But if that doesn't get fixed, then you have the next best solution in your last sentence: "shotgun--3 step drop." The fade route isn't necessary when the routes and drops are quick.