How did the O line look?

Daventry

For those who were able to see the game, how did the O Line look? Forte had a big day, does that mean the O Line were an improved unit?

We benched Shaffer for Webb going with the jumbo package. In run protection we looked pretty damn good. Pass protection, very suspect.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Martz likes smaller quicker o-lineman. Tice likes the beef. At least we proved we could run the ball. Although I'm still having nightmares about the Giants game . . .

We benched Shaffer for Webb going with the jumbo package. In run protection we looked pretty damn good. Pass protection, very suspect.

yeah much better in the ground game, Pass game was as much Collins fault as it was line today. He was staring down recievers all day, Hence the 4 ints

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Martz likes smaller quicker o-lineman. Tice likes the beef. At least we proved we could run the ball. Although I'm still having nightmares about the Giants game . . .

this I disagree with, Pace was huge on the rams and pretty much the entire OL of the rams was good size, I think you maybe thinking of Shanahan, Not Matrz.

this I disagree with, Pace was huge on the rams and pretty much the entire OL of the rams was good size, I think you maybe thinking of Shanahan, Not Matrz.

Yeah, but Pace is a first ballot hall-of-famer and is the exception. I'm not sure about size, but Martz wants two LT's. Guys who can move quickly in pass-protection. That's why we started Q-Mitchell for a season . . . Webb looks like he can be a mauling RT, but there's nothing quick about him. I have no reason to believe he can sustain a pass block.

I didn't really think they looked as good on rushing plays as the Panthers looked bad.

Passing? Still horrible. Collins got absolutely buried on more than one play. If the team risked it and put Cutler in this game, he would have missed multiple subsequent weeks.

Agreed. Forte made those plays despite the blocking or lack thereof...

I didn't really think they looked as good on rushing plays as the Panthers looked bad.

Passing? Still horrible. Collins got absolutely buried on more than one play. If the team risked it and put Cutler in this game, he would have missed multiple subsequent weeks.