Why in the crap were we throwing on the goal line

Chitownhustla

That Collins INT on the 1 yard line was miserable!!!!!!!! Martz is good but that was crap!!!!!!!

It's a good thing were were dominating them at that point, or I'd have thrown something at my computer.With our D playing the way it was, and Forte as well, why the hell didn't we run?

That Collins INT on the 1 yard line was miserable!!!!!!!! Martz is good but that was crap!!!!!!!

Agreed. Before that play I was thinking we should just take a knee and kick the field goal.

Either way, it's frustrating that we still have these goal-line issues.

I'm normally a big fan of throwing on 2nd down (play action pass) at the goal line. Here's why:

1st-Run: Fail

2nd-Run: Fail

3rd-It's almost a guarantee that this down will be a pass.

By putting in a play action pass on 2nd, there isn't that feeling a coach gets that he has failed the first two downs and doesn't want to do the same thing on the third down. Having said that, I'm actually never an advocate of passing when Collins is at QB.