Jeff Garcia

jason

Connor, you honestly don't believe Cooling is better than Garcia do you?

Garcia was a pro bowler and is a leader. Collins is a dope... Both are probably washed up. But I'd rather have a leader and someone that is mobile if you're going to have a wash-up behind center! Collins is seriously a complete waste of matter.

We don't need yet another re-tread. There is a reason Garcia is not in the NFL as well. He's done.

Peace :dabears

Connor, you honestly don't believe Cooling is better than Garcia do you?

Garcia was a pro bowler and is a leader. Collins is a dope... Both are probably washed up. But I'd rather have a leader and someone that is mobile if you're going to have a wash-up behind center! Collins is seriously a complete waste of matter.

I was calling for Collins to be cut yesterday so I don't believe he should be in the league. I did not compare him to Garcia. I was talking about Garcia only. I do not want another washed up back up QB. Go with Hanie and move on.

Gotcha...

But, we do need someone behind Hanie then. I'd rather it be Garcia.

I was calling for Collins to be cut yesterday so I don't believe he should be in the league. I did not compare him to Garcia. I was talking about Garcia only. I do not want another washed up back up QB. Go with Hanie and move on.

Gotcha...

But, we do need someone behind Hanie then. I'd rather it be Garcia.

It should be LeFever. Martz liked him out of college. He improved tremendously in the preseason and Angelo screwed up cutting him. I think Martz doesn't like Hanie and wanted a back up vet. Angelo probably gave him a choice between Collins and LeFever and unfortunately we are stuck with a turd.

Agreed. JA f'ed up another one...

It should be LeFever. Martz liked him out of college. He improved tremendously in the preseason and Angelo screwed up cutting him. I think Martz doesn't like Hanie and wanted a back up vet. Angelo probably gave him a choice between Collins and LeFever and unfortunately we are stuck with a turd.

Personally, I'd rather have a very talented QB, a very mobile QB, a proven leader and veteran who nearly threw for 3000 yards two years ago - in less than a 12 full games - than an unknown with minimal talent (Hanie) or a bum (Collins). It can only help the team.

Personally, I'd rather have a very talented QB, a very mobile QB, a proven leader and veteran who nearly threw for 3000 yards two years ago - in less than a 12 full games - than an unknown with minimal talent (Hanie) or a bum (Collins). It can only help the team.

He threw for 2700 yards 2 years ago. Again, there is a reason he is not in the NFL. He is 40. I'll pass.

He threw for 2700 yards 2 years ago. Again, there is a reason he is not in the NFL. He is 40. I'll pass.

Yes, because the outstanding performances by Todd Collins (39 years old by the way) over his illustrious career has warranted him various NFL positions.

The reason he's not in the NFL is similar to the reason Collins is still in the NFL. Poor evaluation based upon guys who perform well in practice and look good in the locker room, but can't do shit in the game (i.e. the opposite of Garcia). Meanwhile, Garcia has been doubted his entire career because his measureables aren't great. But the dude just keeps producing, just puts up wins. Keep in mind Garcia put up those 2700 yards two years ago in only 12 games for a Tampa Bay offense that had an atrocious assortment of receivers. And he would have EASILY had the celebrated 3000 yard mark if yet another team/coaching staff wasn't giving the position away to a lesser QB (Griese), who just so happened to throw for about 984 yards against the Bears that year.

The whole "there is a reason he is not in the NFL" is a weak excuse that doesn't hold water...if it did, Collins would have been out of the NFL some time ago. The league is littered with bad decisions, especially when it comes to QBs for the Bears over the past 10 years.

Yes, because the outstanding performances by Todd Collins (39 years old by the way) over his illustrious career has warranted him various NFL positions.

The reason he's not in the NFL is similar to the reason Collins is still in the NFL. Poor evaluation based upon guys who perform well in practice and look good in the locker room, but can't do shit in the game (i.e. the opposite of Garcia). Meanwhile, Garcia has been doubted his entire career because his measureables aren't great. But the dude just keeps producing, just puts up wins. Keep in mind Garcia put up those 2700 yards two years ago in only 12 games for a Tampa Bay offense that had an atrocious assortment of receivers. And he would have EASILY had the celebrated 3000 yard mark if yet another team/coaching staff wasn't giving the position away to a lesser QB (Griese), who just so happened to throw for about 984 yards against the Bears that year.

The whole "there is a reason he is not in the NFL" is a weak excuse that doesn't hold water...if it did, Collins would have been out of the NFL some time ago. The league is littered with bad decisions, especially when it comes to QBs for the Bears over the past 10 years.

Have to agree with Jason 100% here. I'm a big fan of Garcia, he just gets the job done. He's one of those guys that has had to fight for everything he has and knows it can be taken away in an instant.

I've given up on letting the NFL dictate to me who's talented and who's not a LONG time ago. Most teams are absolute horse shit when it comes to evaluating talent and the Bears are at the bottom of that pile.

I'd rather go with Hanie as the #2 rather than Garcia. Garcia's had some success in the NFL, but the guy's got a weird clock in his head when it comes to the pass rush. He turns a perfectly good pocket into a busted play all the time - it's like he sees some phantom unblocked blitzer on every other snap. He's a good improviser and has some mobility, and so a lot of the time he can turn those unnecessary scrambles into completions, but it means that he never keeps an offense on schedule. Combine that with his noodle arm and he's exactly the wrong fit for a Martz offense, where quarterbacks need to stand in the pocket, get the ball out exactly on time, and be able to drive it down the field. I could see him being adequate in a WCO with a reliable possession receiver to bail him out, but he'd be a disaster for Chicago. Maybe not as big a disaster as Collins, but certainly not worth picking up.

I'd rather go with Hanie as the #2 rather than Garcia. Garcia's had some success in the NFL, but the guy's got a weird clock in his head when it comes to the pass rush. He turns a perfectly good pocket into a busted play all the time - it's like he sees some phantom unblocked blitzer on every other snap. He's a good improviser and has some mobility, and so a lot of the time he can turn those unnecessary scrambles into completions, but it means that he never keeps an offense on schedule. Combine that with his noodle arm and he's exactly the wrong fit for a Martz offense, where quarterbacks need to stand in the pocket, get the ball out exactly on time, and be able to drive it down the field. I could see him being adequate in a WCO with a reliable possession receiver to bail him out, but he'd be a disaster for Chicago. Maybe not as big a disaster as Collins, but certainly not worth picking up.

That is the real reason why Garcia is out of the question and its just simply he is not a fit for this style of offense. The other thing I noticed is that he seems to be one and done with all the teams he plays with leading me to believe he may be a little difficult for teams to deal with in terms of excepting his role as a BACKUP. He never seems to want to embrace that role.

The other thing I noticed is that he seems to be one and done with all the teams he plays with leading me to believe he may be a little difficult for teams to deal with in terms of excepting his role as a BACKUP. He never seems to want to embrace that role.

Oh yeah, I'd totally forgotten about that. He's kind of notorious for always wanting the starting job, isn't he? That might be OK in Cleveland or Buffalo right now, but the Bears ought to be looking for a guy who's all right with holding Cutler's clipboard.

Garica is currently playing for the 2-1 Omaha Night Hawks of the UFL. Here is the statistics that I am able to find for his season so far:

Attempts: 113 Yards: 658 TD: 6 INT: 4 COMP %: 56.6% RATING: 77.2

Definitely better than Collins however, the UFL is full of washed up players including Omaha's leading rusher Ahman Green. I still want to get rid of Collins as well and not sure Angelo is willing, nor the family just dumping the salary of Collins.