O Line line-up?

madlithuanian

Typical from this staff. Taking a player and moving him to a position that is foreign.

Considering that Williams is a finesse LT, I just don't see how adding him in at OG is a good thing...except for the fact that he has to be better there than Omiyale would be, and that is the reason for the move.

I see there is no mention of Lance Louis and I think speculating about Webb as a future LT is a bit premature after one start since he didn't move to well in the last game in pass protection, he is still a work in progress. If the trend continues for this team to shuffle this line week to week Tice is moving towards the size of line that he prefers large.

Typical from this staff. Taking a player and moving him to a position that is foreign.

It's been said elsewhere, but Williams played guard a fair amount in college before they moved him to tackle. So it's not totally foreign, the way it was for Omiyale.

Considering that Williams is a finesse LT, I just don't see how adding him in at OG is a good thing...except for the fact that he has to be better there than Omiyale would be, and that is the reason for the move.

Tice said he thinks Williams is a better run-blocker than pass protector at this stage in his career. I'm inclined to believe him: last season, the Bears' average when running left improved immensely as soon as they benched Pace and moved Williams to LT.

That said, I see your point - Williams gets a lot of crap for having short arms (actually they're average for a tackle) which has caused some people to say he's a better fit at guard. But his biggest assets coming out of college were his lateral range and footwork, and those don't matter nearly as much for a guard. That says to me that somewhere down the road they need to put him back at left tackle. For the time being, though, I don't care where he lines up as long as Cutler's not getting killed out there.

It's been said elsewhere, but Williams played guard a fair amount in college before they moved him to tackle. So it's not totally foreign, the way it was for Omiyale.

Tice said he thinks Williams is a better run-blocker than pass protector at this stage in his career. I'm inclined to believe him: last season, the Bears' average when running left improved immensely as soon as they benched Pace and moved Williams to LT.

That said, I see your point - Williams gets a lot of crap for having short arms (actually they're average for a tackle) which has caused some people to say he's a better fit at guard. But his biggest assets coming out of college were his lateral range and footwork, and those don't matter nearly as much for a guard. That says to me that somewhere down the road they need to put him back at left tackle. For the time being, though, I don't care where he lines up as long as Cutler's not getting killed out there.

DFG I agree and believe that Garza and Kruetz both have not been criticized for their play and are the last two who have not been replaced but at times the rush is coming right up the middle at the QBs. A lot of veteran players on this team have come under fire so why not these two? Dez Clark dropped a pass at the goaline and has been inactive for a couple of weeks and Martz says its based on his ability to play special teams. Well I remember in the preseason a certain TE volunteered to long snap when Patrick Mannely was injured. I guess that is not being involved on special teams. That was the same BS they said about DA who ironically has been active the last 2 weeks.