We have a new G

WheresMyronBaker

Chris Williams.

Just breaking.

LT is Omiyale

LG is Williams

Webb stays at RT.

Suddenly we are alot younger overall on the line. Now if Williams can handle being a decent G...we may not be as bad off as things felt a couple weeks back.

Can't hurt and, perhaps, coud help. It'll be interesting to see how they play o Sunday.

Chris Williams.

Just breaking.

LT is Omiyale

LG is Williams

Webb stays at RT.

Suddenly we are alot younger overall on the line. Now if Williams can handle being a decent G...we may not be as bad off as things felt a couple weeks back.

yeah, except for the fact that the Bears will have Frank Freaking Omiyale at the LT!

Guest TerraTor
I wonder if we could get a prospect (street FA or low draft pick) for Dez Clark. Seems he is on the outs due to lack of ST ability. Another body to give Tice to groom.

hell with that dump Brandon "Windmill" Manumaleueoyyy... he wiffs constantly

Anyone else find it sad that #14 overall is/was injury prone and has a bum FA and 7th Round Pick at the position he was drafted to play. Good choice bears

Guest TerraTor

This is why....

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/...for-sunday.html

Bears' Garza to have knee scoped; out for Sunday

October 13, 2010 4:02 PM | No Comments

By Vaughn McClure

Bears coach Lovie Smith said guard Roberto Garza will undergo arthroscopic knee surgery and miss Sunday's game against Seattle.

It is unclear how long Garza will be sidelined, but he battled through knee pains the last few weeks.

With Garza out, Chris Williams is expected to take over as the starting left guard. Williams, who started the season at left tackle, returned to practice Wednesday off a hamstring strain.

I will shit out a brick if Williams comes into the game as a Guard on Sunday without any kind of training camp or practice at that position beforehand. Unreal. He's already a finesse left tackle, how the heck is he going to play GUARD?! Williams has already failed before he steps back on the field. This could be another disaster. I just don't get the move at all during the middle of the season.

A few things:

1. Has anybody noticed a big difference between Omiyale & Chris Williams at LT? They've both looked awful at times.

2. Was anyone thinking Chris Williams could be a stud LT this season after what we've seen during pre-season and part of this year? I sure as hell wasn't.

3. Can Chris Williams be a top-shelf LG? If he can, just think how this would help Omiyale. Omiyale might actually go from mediocre to average. Hub Arkush mentioned on the SCORE Tuesday before this broke that he thought Williams was better suited to play the guard spot right now.

I know Omiyale is better suited for tackle because his arms are so long which makes him good for pass protection. It's much easier to be a stud guard then a stud tackle. This might work. Kudos to the staff for actually trying to correct a weakness (the fact I'm applauding them for this says a lot about Ron Turner.)

On a side note, J'Marcus Webb scares the hell out of me. His mobility appears to be a cross between Frankenstein and the current version of Orlando Pace. I can't see him sustaining a pass block. This has Q-Mitchell written all over it. Fortunately for Webb, the line is full of Q-Mitchells.

A few things:

1. Has anybody noticed a big difference between Omiyale & Chris Williams at LT? They've both looked awful at times.

2. Was anyone thinking Chris Williams could be a stud LT this season after what we've seen during pre-season and part of this year? I sure as hell wasn't.

3. Can Chris Williams be a top-shelf LG? If he can, just think how this would help Omiyale. Omiyale might actually go from mediocre to average. Hub Arkush mentioned on the SCORE Tuesday before this broke that he thought Williams was better suited to play the guard spot right now.

I know Omiyale is better suited for tackle because his arms are so long which makes him good for pass protection. It's much easier to be a stud guard then a stud tackle. This might work. Kudos to the staff for actually trying to correct a weakness (the fact I'm applauding them for this says a lot about Ron Turner.)

On a side note, J'Marcus Webb scares the hell out of me. His mobility appears to be a cross between Frankenstein and the current version of Orlando Pace. I can't see him sustaining a pass block. This has Q-Mitchell written all over it. Fortunately for Webb, the line is full of Q-Mitchells.

I don't mind most of this post, but the bolded part is offensive. There is no way in hell that Omiyale is CURRENTLY even mediocre. He's one of the worst 5 offensive linemen in the entire NFL. If he improves (big if) it will be from wet dog hair, rotten garbage, decomposing body foul to fresh steaming pile of horse manure.

Well, let's take this with a grain of salt - what other options do they have at left guard? Garza's getting his knee scoped, Louis has a knee injury as well, and when they gave Shaffer a shot at guard before the season, he sucked. So that leaves either Williams or one of the current starters. Mike Tice came out and said that he doesn't want to shuffle the line any more than he has to - I think he's just making this move to get Williams on the field without changing up two or three positions on the o-line. Given how discombobulated the line has been thus far, I'm totally OK with that.

I still think they should be looking at him as a left tackle, long-term, but I'm fine with moving him to guard in the short term if it means we can lock in 5 starters and start getting them some reps. If he can't beat out Omiyale in the long term, then I think it's time to call him a bad draft pick.

You better ready some Prep H...

I will shit out a brick if Williams comes into the game as a Guard on Sunday without any kind of training camp or practice at that position beforehand. Unreal. He's already a finesse left tackle, how the heck is he going to play GUARD?! Williams has already failed before he steps back on the field. This could be another disaster. I just don't get the move at all during the middle of the season.