Hassleback = Griese

jason

This reminds me of when Griese killed the Bears a few years ago.

This Cover-2 shit is just not a good defensive scheme if the opponent has a patient QB who is willing to chuck the ball for 7 yards at a time. It's the same thing that happened in the Super Bowl.

Eventually, the DBs are naturally going to step in a bit, wanting to stop the quick passes and perpetual first downs. And then what happens? The deep outs and the seam passes are open.

This defensive scheme just sucks. I hate its passive nature, and the way it can turn stud players into average players.

To a degree Jason I agree with you however, from the little bit I have seen of today's game, this team is unlucky to be 4-2 (figuring a loss today) and there are still a lot of issues with everything. The offensive line is still a mess, Cover-2 is not that great of a defensive scheme and the personal that we have are all suspect at best beyond a few so called stars. Personally I hope that we wind up 4-11 and some how Philips, Angelo and Smith all get shit canned come January 3rd. Unfortunately the McCaskey family is very satisfied with the Status Quo and will always do what they want to do which is destroy the legacy of Papa Bear and this once very proud franchise. If I had the extra money I would start the following websites:

www.firetedphilips.com; www.firejerryangelo.com and of course www.fireloviesmith.com

It is just a shame that the people in charge of the teams of Chicago do not completely get it. It appears that the Blackhawks are starting to get it however, the NHL salary cap killed them. The White Sox and Bulls are run by the same evil empire and I won't even get into a discussion currently about my favorite baseball team.

This reminds me of when Griese killed the Bears a few years ago.

This Cover-2 shit is just not a good defensive scheme if the opponent has a patient QB who is willing to chuck the ball for 7 yards at a time. It's the same thing that happened in the Super Bowl.

Eventually, the DBs are naturally going to step in a bit, wanting to stop the quick passes and perpetual first downs. And then what happens? The deep outs and the seam passes are open.

This defensive scheme just sucks. I hate its passive nature, and the way it can turn stud players into average players.

Bend-don't-break crap. Idea is to let the other guys move and depend on THEM making some kind of mistake. that's when we get a stop or a turn-over. But it just ain't happenin' an I too hate this style of D.

We've got enough studs on D to be more agressive.

Let's be real here, anybody not named Jimmy Clausen can look like Peyton Manning whenever they play against the Bears. And on the flip side any defensive end/ LB/ DT can look like Reggie White when they are rushing the quarterback. It's just ridiculous and inexcusable.

It sure is an odd coincidence, isn't it? Continually, opposing QBs, scrubs or not, seem to get better against the Bears. They find open WRs against the Bears. They have all day in the pocket against the Bears.

Until Lovie Smith leaves and takes the cover-2 with him, the Bears will not do anything spectacular. The Super Bowl year was a fluke in which the players just outperformed what the coaches had them do.

2006 was just the perfect storm when it came to defense. Everybody seemed to be in the ripe years of their primes. Of course you had Mike Brown who was the leader of our defense until he went down with an injury. Tommie Harris was a beast and Mark Anderson was a young rookie who was playing out of his mind. He and Tommie were always bringing pressure which is a very reason why the D was so dominant.

Now we have Urlacher and Briggs who are still good but they have no support behind them in the secondary and our D line gets no push whatsoever. Peppers has been making an impact but he hasn't gotten to the quarterback much at all this season and it has hurt our overall defense. When you have such a vanilla defensive scheme like the Cover 2 it's imperative that you get pressure from your front 4. When you don't, almost any quarterback can beat the cover 2.