What's with the timeouts????

Connorbear

That's because the most overrated Chicago Bear since I can remember has no clue what the f**k he's doing out there (Olsen).

Most overrated? At best Olsen is a probowl TE; at worst he's a starter with great talent.

I'd say that since Omiyale is starting, he's far more overrated than anyone in the league, much less Olsen. At best Omiyale is a practice squad player; at worst he's a varsity high schooler at a big high school in Idaho.

Most overrated? At best Olsen is a probowl TE; at worst he's a starter with great talent.

I'd say that since Omiyale is starting, he's far more overrated than anyone in the league, much less Olsen. At best Omiyale is a practice squad player; at worst he's a varsity high schooler at a big high school in Idaho.

Olsen will never be a probowl TE IMHO. Personally, I think Des Clark about 4 years ago was a much better all around player.

Peace :dabears

Olsen could be a probowl TE in a West Coast type offense. We all know Martz ignores his TE's. But getting back to the question, not one of our timeouts were used to stop the clock at the end of halfs to keep the offense out there or to stop an opposing offense. They were used as mistakes because either Martz didn't get the play out quick enough or there was some personel confusion. It's ridiculous and it shows up to kill us. If we had one TO there at the end, we would have been able to get the ball back assuming we could stop them 3 straight times on the ground. Who knows what would happen from there. Were probably a good return away or a 20 yard pass play from being back into FG range..

Olsen could be a probowl TE in a West Coast type offense. We all know Martz ignores his TE's. But getting back to the question, not one of our timeouts were used to stop the clock at the end of halfs to keep the offense out there or to stop an opposing offense. They were used as mistakes because either Martz didn't get the play out quick enough or there was some personel confusion. It's ridiculous and it shows up to kill us. If we had one TO there at the end, we would have been able to get the ball back assuming we could stop them 3 straight times on the ground. Who knows what would happen from there. Were probably a good return away or a 20 yard pass play from being back into FG range..

Agreed and it makes me questions Martz's preparation of the offense. We should never have to blow timeouts like that.

Peace :dabears

Who are you watching? Are you watching the TE that can't block, fumbles, rarely gets open, and oh, quits on a ton of routes?

He has flashes of brilliance once in a blue moon and Angelo does not want to believe that Olsen is another bust that he has drafted. I am still surprised that the team is 4-2 and would not be disappointed if they wound up 4-12 for the season. January 3, 2011 is not able to get here soon enough.

Who are you watching? Are you watching the TE that can't block, fumbles, rarely gets open, and oh, quits on a ton of routes?

I'm watching:

-The guy who has decent blocking skills when compared to his OL counterparts.

-The guy who gets open, but doesn't get the ball because Cutler is under a pile of defenders

-The guy who has made tough catches in traffic (like last week's seam route), but doesn't get many opportunities

I don't know where the "quits on a ton of routes" comes from. I haven't seen it. The guy has talent, and when used appropriately the flashes appear.

I'd say who are YOU watching?

For once, jason, we disagree. Olsen isn't the steal everyone made him out to be when he fell in the draft. He quits on routes causing INT's (Collins in NY, Cutler vs GB), I've never seen him dive for a pass (god forbid doing that once in a career), and he isn't very athletic, or atleast he hasn't shown it- when he gets hit, he goes down.

Omiyale is overrated? IMO, overrated means he's built up to be good by the media or the casual fan likes him. This applies to Olsen and WILL NEVER apply to Omiyale. Like you said, he shouldn't be in the NFL.

I'm watching:

-The guy who gets open, but doesn't get the ball because Cutler is under a pile of defenders

-The guy who has made tough catches in traffic (like last week's seam route), but doesn't get many opportunities

I don't know where the "quits on a ton of routes" comes from. I haven't seen it. The guy has talent, and when used appropriately the flashes appear.

Wow. Decent blocking skills? Are you kidding me? Are you serious? No way, no way at all. He is one of the worse blocking TE's I've ever seen and it is evident when you watch the games and watch all of the plays where he is supposed to get his body on a guy before going out on a route or when he is just blocking. In fact, in the Denver game alone there were numerous sacks where he was responsible for blocking the CB and he either A) whiffed completely or B) did a horrible job.

Gets open? When, usually when I look his speed hasn't been a factor, especially at some of the gamesI've atended.

Tough catches? He's made a couple nice catches but by and large never takes advantage of his large size or speed for that matter. And from a hands standpoint he did have that nice seam catch but I can count his nice catches on one hand and that means he isn't that good of a wideout (and I'm talking over his career).

And quits on routes, there were two different interceptions thrown on seam plays down the middle where Olsen broke off the route inproperly because he was being jammed and both of them resulted in picks. There was another player this year where he gave up on a pass that was away from him, but in range, and because of that instead of breaking up the pass it turned into a pick. And he has a history of doing this.

I'm watching:

Come on man. Olsen is the second softest guy on the team besides Aromashadouche.