Live Reaction II

Ed Hochuli 3:16

Again, I was in attendance:

1. I don't think Cutler played as poor as people think. When he had more than 2 seconds to throw, he was hitting open receivers and even making a couple plays with his feet.

2. Time to keep Hester on punts and punts only. Aromashodu can play WR at the same level that Hester can, and Bennett is pretty decent the more and more I watch him.

3. The Bears OL is made up of an aging Hawaiian, a 5th round (IIRC) from Tennessee Tech, a guy who has played every position on the OL since being drafted a few years back due to ineptitude and injuries, a guy who shouldn't be on any team's practice squad, and a 7th round doufus. No wonder they suck.

3a. Corner blitzes are tough to pick up if disguised correctly. In today's case, Seattle was consistently getting to Cutler this way. It shouldn't be hard to figure out, especially since most of the time Seattle WAS NOT disguising them. I counted two times where the CB or S was sitting at the line of scrimmage. How does no one see that f**king guy?

4. The defense played okay, but would've been better. I think they kind of felt like s*** because of their effort yet no production from the offense. Peppers & Tillman have to play better next week and on.

5. (back to #2) Congratulations on Hester being at 13 returns for TD's, tying the record, in 811 less attempts.

6. BIG props to Manumaleuna on his first grab of the year. /sarcasm

7. Bottom line- must play better vs Washington, or McNabb will put up 30+. Chicago's still 4-2 and still 1.5 up in the division.

Again, I was in attendance:

1. I don't think Cutler played as poor as people think. When he had more than 2 seconds to throw, he was hitting open receivers and even making a couple plays with his feet.

2. Time to keep Hester on punts and punts only. Aromashodu can play WR at the same level that Hester can, and Bennett is pretty decent the more and more I watch him.

3. The Bears OL is made up of an aging Hawaiian, a 5th round (IIRC) from Tennessee Tech, a guy who has played every position on the OL since being drafted a few years back due to ineptitude and injuries, a guy who shouldn't be on any team's practice squad, and a 7th round doufus. No wonder they suck.

3a. Corner blitzes are tough to pick up if disguised correctly. In today's case, Seattle was consistently getting to Cutler this way. It shouldn't be hard to figure out, especially since most of the time Seattle WAS NOT disguising them. I counted two times where the CB or S was sitting at the line of scrimmage. How does no one see that f**king guy?

4. The defense played okay, but would've been better. I think they kind of felt like s*** because of their effort yet no production from the offense. Peppers & Tillman have to play better next week and on.

5. (back to #2) Congratulations on Hester being at 13 returns for TD's, tying the record, in 811 less attempts.

6. BIG props to Manumaleuna on his first grab of the year. /sarcasm

7. Bottom line- must play better vs Washington, or McNabb will put up 30+. Chicago's still 4-2 and still 1.5 up in the division.

I completely agree with your assessment. I thought Cutler did a better job today getting rid of the ball quickly but in most instances where he was hit, he was hit early and quick and it was in situations where often times there wasn't even an overload, it was just one of our tackles swiveling the wrong direction and not even touching the guy.

Cutler might a couple poor throws, but he also did a nice job avoiding the blitz on multiple plays and during those situations into something and he did a nice job hitting some under-neath crossing patterns. He also suffered as a result of some drops.

Still, I wouldn't say Jay had a good game, nor would I say he had a horrible game. But it really is almost impossible to have a real good game without an oline.

Guest TerraTor
I completely agree with your assessment. I thought Cutler did a better job today getting rid of the ball quickly but in most instances where he was hit, he was hit early and quick and it was in situations where often times there wasn't even an overload, it was just one of our tackles swiveling the wrong direction and not even touching the guy.

Cutler might a couple poor throws, but he also did a nice job avoiding the blitz on multiple plays and during those situations into something and he did a nice job hitting some under-neath crossing patterns. He also suffered as a result of some drops.

Still, I wouldn't say Jay had a good game, nor would I say he had a horrible game. But it really is almost impossible to have a real good game without an oline.

It shows how terrible the scheme and Oline is Chicago. Orton looks great in denver and never gets hit (well not literally)