Some Words of Wisdom

Guest TerraTor

Guest TerraTor

Butkus rips Bears, wonders if Lovie is lame-duck

Oct

10/19/2010 9:40:27 AM | More

Bears Hall of Famer Dick Butkus had some pointed remarks Monday about his former team's struggles on offense according to David Kaplan of the Chicago Tribune.

"(The offensive line) is awful," said Butkus, in town to promote his "I Play Clean" foundation to educate athletes about steroid abuse. "The Skins and whoever else they play have to be looking at tapes today and licking their chops. The Bears have their hands full.

"It would be different if it was just the left tackle blowing a block every other time. But this is the left guard, then the right tackle ... They're taking turns and it is not good."

Regarding coach Lovie Smith and new coordinators Mike Martz and Rod Marinelli, Butkus said, "Was Lovie forced to hire these guys? Is he a lame-duck head coach? I just don't know. It can only get worse.

"If I was playing defense against the Bears, I would blitz them every play. I'm not sure that they will be able to run the ball any better than they are with that line. Everyone thinks blitzes are great to stop the pass, but they are excellent against the run also."

http://theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabi...ck/Default.aspx

It doesn't take a HoF'er/possibly the greatest player in NFL history to see it...

The 3 stooges (Smith, Angelo and Phillips) have now added 3 more... Tice, Martz and Marinelli. All 6 buffoons must go...

Yet another person who sees it, who gets it.

Martz? Are you listening?

Lovie? Do you care?

Angelo? Will you draft OLine?

It doesn't take a HoF'er/possibly the greatest player in NFL history to see it...

The 3 stooges (Smith, Angelo and Phillips) have now added 3 more... Tice, Martz and Marinelli. All 6 buffoons must go...

Great. So, that will be Cutler's 5th OC since 2006? Yippee.

Not that I don't agree that Martz should be fired, but eventually the Bears need stability with the coaching staff as well as the players to succeed. Back to my main beef- if you invest $22 million in a player, you surround him with the best possible personnel. It's like buying a $5 million house and getting sh**ty carpets, furniture, etc.

And the alternative? Stay the corse? A thousand points of light?

Stable garbage is still garbage... Your main beef I think is pretty much everyone's! Worse! It's like spending a million dollars on the facade of a house and putting up a shoddy foundation made of balsa wood!

Not that I don't agree that Martz should be fired, but eventually the Bears need stability with the coaching staff as well as the players to succeed. Back to my main beef- if you invest $22 million in a player, you surround him with the best possible personnel. It's like buying a $5 million house and getting sh**ty carpets, furniture, etc.

A better analogy would be buying a log cabin home and surrounding it with termite hills.