Bears worst 4-2 team ever?

Ed Hochuli 3:16

Adam Schein from FOX thinks so.

1. Tough to Bear

I’ve seen it all. It’s over. And by “it” I mean the Bears season, the Mike Martz experiment, and Lovie Smith’s career in Chicago. And if that’s the case, say goodbye to general manager Jerry Angelo, too.

Let me channel my inner Dennis Green at the most appropriate time. The Bears are exactly who I thought they were. I don’t care about the Bears' 4-2 record. The Lions win was a gift. Dallas outplayed them. Carolina picked off Todd Collins four times. The Bears are a lousy team with no offensive plan. They are totally mismanaged on offense. The Chicago Bears will absolutely not make the playoffs. How can you watch this team and think they are any good?

The definition of insanity is doing the same wrong thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome. Welcome to Mike Martz football. The game plan and execution against the Giants was pathetic and got Jay Cutler sacked 10 times, forcing him to miss the Carolina game after being knocked silly. So one would think that Martz, who was foolishly hired in the offseason despite being allergic to run plays, would use Matt Forte early and often to provide Cutler and his offensive line some needed balance. But despite Forte’s excellence the game before against the Panthers, Mike Martz was up to his old tricks. And the Bears embarrassed themselves in a loss to the very average Seattle Seahawks.

Think about it logically. You run for 218 yards against the Panthers. Your quarterback missed a game with a concussion. And Mike Martz calls exactly 12 run plays against a beatable defense. This is a fireable offense. This is why Martz should’ve never been hired in the first place. This is why the Chicago Bears genuinely miss axed offensive coordinator Ron Turner. Any rational Bears fan would agree.

The Seattle Seahawks, not the 2000 Ravens, sacked Jay Cutler six times. Pete Carroll and his staff coached the pants off of Martz. Carroll and company kept blitzing. They kept bringing cornerbacks and defensive backs. Martz didn’t make an adjustment. Chicago kept throwing and blocking with five. Tackle bust (thanks, Jerry Angelo) Chris Williams resembled a turnstile at guard. There was a stretch in the second quarter where Martz had the nerve to call 11 straight pass plays. How the heck does this happen? This is irresponsible, counterproductive to winning and Jay Cutler’s health.

Martz has full autonomy for the Bears offense and that’s the problem. But Lovie Smith is the head coach. How does he let this happen? It’s inexplicable.

After the game Lovie Smith told WBBM-AM radio in Chicago, "I did a terrible job in getting the team ready." Boy, isn’t that a major problem. According to the Seattle Times, this was Seattle’s first road win against a team with a winning record since September of 2007. Seattle had already lost two games on the road this year to Denver and St. Louis, not exactly juggernauts.

Look at Chicago’s upcoming schedule. The Bears will beat the Bills in Week 9 because, well, every team beats the Bills. But this week they have future Hall of Famer Mike Shanahan bringing his Redskins to Chicago. The Bears will get outcoached. There’s isn’t one cupcake listed in the final eight contests, including at the Lions who will looking to get revenge for “The Calvin Johnson game”.

The great Chicago Bears fans deserve so much better than this embarrassment, better than this coaching staff. This is the worst 4-2 team I’ve ever seen.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/chicago...ke-martz-101910

Hah. I don't know about ever but they are the worst 4-2 team in the league. The honeymoon period is over for this offense and we got off to a really good start in the first two games, and now teams know they can just blitz all day long and not let Cutler beat them because they know the Bears aren't going to run and they know of Martz's 7 step drops which probably makes a defense salivate just thinking about it.

So my question is,

where are all the guys who were slobbering all over Martz in the offseason, about how he was exciting and attacks mismatches, and was a genius, and blah blah blah.

The funniest thing was, after the Cowboys game, people on the board were scheming ways to have Martz be the frikin head coach.

Hilarious.

Hah. I don't know about ever but they are the worst 4-2 team in the league. The honeymoon period is over for this offense and we got off to a really good start in the first two games, and now teams know they can just blitz all day long and not let Cutler beat them because they know the Bears aren't going to run and they know of Martz's 7 step drops which probably makes a defense salivate just thinking about it.

I'm not sure I'd agree they're the worst 4-2 team in the league right now. Yeah, they've been awful the last couple games, but here's a counterpoint. Houston, for example, has given up more yards per game than any other team in the league, and they're tied with Jacksonville for 2nd worst points per game defense. They have a quality offense, but be honest; they're probably not a 4-2 team right now unless a referee calls a phantom pass interference penalty in the 4th quarter last weekend on a play where Andre Johnson clearly pushed off.

The Bears are in trouble, but they still have the 3rd best scoring defense in the league and the 8th best yards-defense in the league.

I'm not sure I'd agree they're the worst 4-2 team in the league right now. Yeah, they've been awful the last couple games, but here's a counterpoint. Houston, for example, has given up more yards per game than any other team in the league, and they're tied with Jacksonville for 2nd worst points per game defense. They have a quality offense, but be honest; they're probably not a 4-2 team right now unless a referee calls a phantom pass interference penalty in the 4th quarter last weekend on a play where Andre Johnson clearly pushed off.

The Bears are in trouble, but they still have the 3rd best scoring defense in the league and the 8th best yards-defense in the league.

I agree with this and previous comments about Martz being thought of so favorably recently etc... We all know the O Line sucks, yes we are not likely a playoff contender without getting some help there, but the worst 4-2 team in history? We have had some good performances this year, Martz has shown an ability to do a good job at times, and all is not lost IMO. Yes, O Line has to get better, but otherwise there is alot to be positive about.