Titans place bid for Moss

madlithuanian

They are #23, Bears are at # 17... He can be had at the moment all else being equal.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...aiver-priority/

1. Bills.

2. Panthers.

3. Cowboys.

4. 49ers.

5. Broncos.

6. Lions.

7. Vikings.

8. Bengals.

9. Browns.

10. Chargers.

11. Cardinals.

12. Jaguars.

13. Rams.

14. Raiders.

15. Redskins.

16. Seahawks.

17. Bears.

18. Dolphins.

19. Eagles.

20. Texans.

21. Packers.

22. Saints.

23. Titans

He is a Titan...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...oss-is-a-titan/

Randy Moss is a Titan

Posted by Mike Florio on November 3, 2010 4:22 PM ET

The man who has been a gigantic pain the the ass can now be a Titanic pain in the ass.

Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean first reported that the Titans have been awarded Randy Moss via waivers. A source close to Moss tells us that the player is expected to report to the team.

The move means that none of the 21 teams ahead of the Titans made a waivers claim. It remains to be seen whether any of the next 10 tried to get him.

And so Moss goes from a team that had Adrian Peterson to the team that has Chris Johnson.

The Titans are off in Week Nine. They play at Miami on November 14. Other teams on the schedule over the second half of the season include the Redskins, the Texans (twice), the Jaguars, the Colts (twice), and the Chiefs.

Merriman? Since his 17 sacks in 3/4 of a season a few years back, he's been terrible. He's had a run in with the law as well as a steroid suspension. He can't get to the QB in the 3-4, so he won't be able to in the 4-3 in Buffalo nor would he have been able to in Chicago.

Moss? The Vikings suck and the Patriots are the best at evaluating talent. If those 2 teams can't use him, stay away. Good choice by Angelo.

Merriman? Since his 17 sacks in 3/4 of a season a few years back, he's been terrible. He's had a run in with the law as well as a steroid suspension. He can't get to the QB in the 3-4, so he won't be able to in the 4-3 in Buffalo nor would he have been able to in Chicago.

Moss? The Vikings suck and the Patriots are the best at evaluating talent. If those 2 teams can't use him, stay away. Good choice by Angelo.

When in my post did I say we should sign Merriman? I just said he was claimed by Buffalo. We don't need him...that's why I never said we did.

If you read the thread from yesterday, you'd see why I said we could use him.

I could care less about Meriman...but who am I to say the Bills couldn't spare to give him a shot? They are winless, and if he comes back, maybe he can help that putrid franchise. It's a shot in the dark for them for sure, but maybe the bullet hits a target.

The Vikings do suck, and it's mainly becasue of the Golden Boy...Moss made Harvin into a legit threat by taking on double teams. He wore out his welcome with the Pats. It happens, and he was bitching about getting paid. NE tends not to pay, etc... I'd have still taken a chance on him. It's a bargain basement price for something that could help Cutler...

First of all...Buffalo switched to the 3-4 this year.

Secondly, yes, he's been terrible. So have the Bills. Worst that happens is he's terrible. It's certainly not like that will cost them a playoff birth.