Bears @ Bills 11/7/10, 12:00 CT, FOX

Ed Hochuli 3:16

The Bills have the worst run D in the league and westill can't block them. I guess that means we DO have the worst OL in the league. I am gonna peuk!

HAHA! Were you really in doubt at any time during the past 2+ seasons? Seriously? I mean, maybe my continuous message HASN'T reached everyone. It is as undebateable as water being wet and the sun being hot.

Big surprise. The team stinks and the coaching staff by comparison makes the team smell like roses...but the Bears get one great turnover to steal a win away from a team that was arguably better, arguably more disciplined, and undeniably better coached.

This seals the deal for Lovie Fontes. Get used to another season with our stellar coaching staff.

Just barely winning enough to cloud the mind of old Virginia...

Big surprise. The team stinks and the coaching staff by comparison makes the team smell like roses...but the Bears get one great turnover to steal a win away from a team that was arguably better, arguably more disciplined, and undeniably better coached.

This seals the deal for Lovie Fontes. Get used to another season with our stellar coaching staff.

Just barely winning enough to cloud the mind of old Virginia...

They're going to have to play a lot better in the 2nd half of the season if they want to save those coaches' jobs. It's still going to take 9-10 wins to get to the playoffs, esp. since the Bears already have a loss to the Redskins, and the Bears don't look like a 9-10 win team right now.

That said...there's no shame in playing a close game against the Bills right now. The Bills took the Ravens down to the wire a few weeks ago when the Ravens were playing well. The only shame would be in losing to them. They're playing decent football right now, but they have no idea how to actually win a game.

First half offense only has 7, which is F'ing pathetic against the Bills. The OL, despite what the ignorant announcer has said, has been atrocious. They gave Cutler a pocket only a handful of times. Others he has either run for his life or been pressured very quickly. A few times Cutler has been lucky enough to scramble around and find a spot to stop and throw. Of course, he missed the one huge play opportunity he had. The run game...what run game? The OL hasn't opened a hole yet.

I completely disagree with this analysis. I thought this was by far the best our oline had played and despite the lower points, I felt this was one of the better games of the season. By and large we moved the ball well and protected. We also moved the pocket much more than we have at any point in the season and picked up enough time on blitzes to give Jay time to actually make plays on those blitzes (with his feet and arms).

I think it is a game the Bears can build upon.

I completely disagree with this analysis. I thought this was by far the best our oline had played and despite the lower points, I felt this was one of the better games of the season. By and large we moved the ball well and protected. We also moved the pocket much more than we have at any point in the season and picked up enough time on blitzes to give Jay time to actually make plays on those blitzes (with his feet and arms).

Can but will they??

We were here before after Carolina when they commited to running the ball, it lasted 1 week

I'm just not sure the McCaskey's pull the trigger on firing Smith even if playoffs are missed. There always seems to be an excuse that Smith finds to cover his ass. Virginia loves him...

A win is a win, and I'll take it. The team just doesn't pass the smell test for me at the moment... Obviously, the next few weeks will tell the tale on how we stack up against some better teams and divional rivals.

They're going to have to play a lot better in the 2nd half of the season if they want to save those coaches' jobs. It's still going to take 9-10 wins to get to the playoffs, esp. since the Bears already have a loss to the Redskins, and the Bears don't look like a 9-10 win team right now.

That said...there's no shame in playing a close game against the Bills right now. The Bills took the Ravens down to the wire a few weeks ago when the Ravens were playing well. The only shame would be in losing to them. They're playing decent football right now, but they have no idea how to actually win a game.

So, in other words, you're talking about the world's tallest midget. Just because Cutler didn't get something broken or didn't end up with a concussion doesn't make it a good game. The OL protected well a few times, but for the most part Cutler was either rushed while in the pocket, or scrambling out of the pocket to save his ass.

"Despite the lower points" - Code for "the offense did nearly nothing."

"One of the better games of the season" - Compared to the steaming pile of cow flop.

"Moved the ball well" - Less than 300 yards of total offense and they moved it well? Seriously?!

"Moved the pocket" - In other words, Cutler had to run.

Having said that...

On one hand I wish Martz would roll Cutler out more; I think that could help. But on the other hand, the Tackles can't be trusted to hold a block long enough to save a blind QB until a head is turned. It would be nasty to see Cutler turn his head and realize there is a DE about ready to deliver the sledgehammer.