Quick reaction

Ed Hochuli 3:16

1. Cutler was good today. A few bad decisions but overall was good.

2. The OL is starting to gel but they continue to rack up bad penalties. Yuck.

3. Tinoisamoa and Briggs were great today.

4. People need to stop ripping Peppers. He's not getting sacks but he's getting plenty of hurries while getting double teamed.

5. Robbie Gould...yeah, I'm his only hater on here, so I'll let this do the talking. He missed today after a FF on Favre at the end of the half, and missed last week IN A DOME which could've been the difference.

6. Olsen was fantastic today. He caught a TD and had his best game blocking in his career maybe today as well.

7. Devin Hester. 'Nough said.

8. Knox played well after his drop for the INT and Bennett keeps improving. Nice catch by Davis for the TD.

9. Why the hell did Siragusa keep saying the Bears jerseys were black? Stupid a**.

I think Melton was an animal today and Jennings pissed me off. Jennings blew coverage twice which allowed the TD on Harris and then a 42yd pass interference on Manning. Melton seemed to be in on every play.

I agree. Why the hell does FOX give Siragusa a microphone. He needs to shut his ass up and stop chiming in. He's like that annoying bastard on Iron Chef (Japan)...every 2 seconds "Kway-san"...shut up Goose and Moose needs to join him. Senseless babble the whole game.

Big W for the Beloved Bear!!!

The thing is, the Bears didn't pay Peppers to just bring double teams and make 1-2 tackles a game. He's GOT to get sacks. This is something he's dealt with his whole career and he's still found a way to pick up sacks. I don't know what his deal is but I'm sure the Bears are expecting more from Peppers than they have gotten so far this year.

Guest TerraTor
1. Cutler was good today. A few bad decisions but overall was good.

3. Tinoisamoa and Briggs were great today.

4. People need to stop ripping Peppers. He's not getting sacks but he's getting plenty of hurries while getting double teamed.

5. Robbie Gould...yeah, I'm his only hater on here, so I'll let this do the talking. He missed today after a FF on Favre at the end of the half, and missed last week IN A DOME which could've been the difference.

6. Olsen was fantastic today. He caught a TD and had his best game blocking in his career maybe today as well.

7. Devin Hester. 'Nough said.

8. Knox played well after his drop for the INT and Bennett keeps improving. Nice catch by Davis for the TD.

9. Why the hell did Siragusa keep saying the Bears jerseys were black? Stupid a**.

Wrong

Until they pass block AND run block, nobody should be fooled into thinking these guys have improved. It's much more likely that the other team had an off day.

Too many stupid penalties.

Absolutely zero chance for a running game (until a few late gimme runs in mop-up time).

Several collapsed pockets that Cutler had to scramble/run out of.

I'd hardly call that a line that is "starting to gel."

I totally disagree with you on this Bears4Ever_34. Peppers is doing exactly what we need him to do and is forcing offenses to double and triple team him which in turn opens up for others to get in there. Idonije is having a monster year and is getting sacks. Harris I think has lost to much from injuries and is not worth the space any longer, Toeaina is having a decent year however needs to get more sacks, Adams was mentioned a few times today which is a good thing as well. I am very pleased with Peppers efforts and like the fact that he is able to flip flop the side in which he wants to rush from to find the better route to the QB. He is a lot better than we have had in a couple of years.

The thing is, the Bears didn't pay Peppers to just bring double teams and make 1-2 tackles a game. He's GOT to get sacks. This is something he's dealt with his whole career and he's still found a way to pick up sacks. I don't know what his deal is but I'm sure the Bears are expecting more from Peppers than they have gotten so far this year.

I totally disagree with you on this Bears4Ever_34. Peppers is doing exactly what we need him to do and is forcing offenses to double and triple team him which in turn opens up for others to get in there. Idonije is having a monster year and is getting sacks. Harris I think has lost to much from injuries and is not worth the space any longer, Toeaina is having a decent year however needs to get more sacks, Adams was mentioned a few times today which is a good thing as well. I am very pleased with Peppers efforts and like the fact that he is able to flip flop the side in which he wants to rush from to find the better route to the QB. He is a lot better than we have had in a couple of years.

I'm just saying, sooner or later he has to do some work himself. He's got to get to the quarterback and bring him down. I remember Alex Brown having this same problem. It always seemed like right before he could bring the QB down for the sack he got rid of it. I will say that Peppers has had an impact on this team though, especially early on he wrecked havoc in the Packers game and had a big play in the Carolina game. It's just hard to say he's playing at an All Pro level when the guy only has 2 sacks on the year ya know?

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Kreutz may be the worst offensive lineman in the starting lineup at this point. He had two stupid penalties which nullified decent gains and was not getting any push in the run game.

I agree. From worst to best:

1a. Kreutz

1b. Williams

1c. Webb

2. Omiyale

3. Garza

Wrong

I put 9 points, and you say "Wrong." Where I come from, that's called spam.

Until they pass block AND run block, nobody should be fooled into thinking these guys have improved. It's much more likely that the other team had an off day.

Absolutely zero chance for a running game (until a few late gimme runs in mop-up time).

1 sack in 2 games is geling, believe it or not. Look, we all know the OL is bad, and need atleast 3 new starters next year, but you cannot honestly say they haven't played better these past 2 games.

Yes, I know they aren't getting any running lanes for Forte/Taylor, but it'd help if not every run was designed straight up the middle.

Yes, pockets were collapsing on Cutler, but obviously something is different as now there's not as many sacks. Maybe it was Cutler's fault from the start then, by your theory.

Yes, I admitted there was too many penalties, hence the "they continue to rack up bad penalties. Yuck" part. See?

I agree. From worst to best:

1a. Kreutz

1b. Williams

1c. Webb

2. Omiyale

3. Garza

You've GOT TO BE SHITTING ME. There is no way in hell Omiyale is 2nd best, unless you're talking about something other than being an OLineman.

1 sack in 2 games is geling, believe it or not. Look, we all know the OL is bad, and need atleast 3 new starters next year, but you cannot honestly say they haven't played better these past 2 games.

Yes, I know they aren't getting any running lanes for Forte/Taylor, but it'd help if not every run was designed straight up the middle.

Yes, pockets were collapsing on Cutler, but obviously something is different as now there's not as many sacks. Maybe it was Cutler's fault from the start then, by your theory.

Yes, I admitted there was too many penalties, hence the "they continue to rack up bad penalties. Yuck" part. See?

Could be possible that in those last two games, the ones you have referenced, that Cutler has been scrambling a LOT more then before? I'd say that has a LOT to do with it, because it's been pretty obvious that he's scrambled more, and ran more.

But, you are right, something is different. I don't know what it is exactly. The optimistic side of me wants to say that the Bears OL is getting better. The pessimistic side of me believes that the team has just decided to completely ignore run blocking.

I don't see how anyone cannot say the Oline is not playing better. It's because Cutler is scrambling more? Crazy idea. He was running for his life against the Giants how good did the Oline look that day?

We only had a couple meaningless late game runs? Minn was ranked top 10 in the league against the run. Our horrible Oline managed to put up 100 yards against them. Those runs late in the game when they stacked the line because everyone knew we wanted to kill the clock, that's what good teams do. After coming back from 14pts down with 3min left in the game last week against the Cardinals don't think the Vikings were giving up either. I'm not anointing our Oline as one of the best in the league but they have clearly improved over what we saw just 4 weeks ago. So has the play calling.

You've GOT TO BE SHITTING ME. There is no way in hell Omiyale is 2nd best, unless you're talking about something other than being an OLineman.

Could be possible that in those last two games, the ones you have referenced, that Cutler has been scrambling a LOT more then before? I'd say that has a LOT to do with it, because it's been pretty obvious that he's scrambled more, and ran more.

But, you are right, something is different. I don't know what it is exactly. The optimistic side of me wants to say that the Bears OL is getting better. The pessimistic side of me believes that the team has just decided to completely ignore run blocking.

Okay, he can be 1d if you'd like. 2nd best on the Bears is like PS on the Patriots. Catch my drift?

I can agree. It's opinion. But if all it took was more scrambling, Cutler could've saved himself bruises and a scary concussion by doing more of it from weeks 1 to 8, right?

Listen, if you think the Bears aren't getting their moneys worth than you aren't watching the games. Peppers has been the most dominant defensive player on the field pretty much every single game the Bears have played. Nuff said!

2 straight games where they have been better. They clearly have improved. No one said they are great or even good, improved they have been.

I'm just saying, sooner or later he has to do some work himself. He's got to get to the quarterback and bring him down. I remember Alex Brown having this same problem. It always seemed like right before he could bring the QB down for the sack he got rid of it. I will say that Peppers has had an impact on this team though, especially early on he wrecked havoc in the Packers game and had a big play in the Carolina game. It's just hard to say he's playing at an All Pro level when the guy only has 2 sacks on the year ya know?

You just compared Alex Brown to Julius Peppers...ugggh. :banghead

Listen, if you think the Bears aren't getting their moneys worth than you aren't watching the games. Peppers has been the most dominant defensive player on the field pretty much every single game the Bears have played. Nuff said!

Yeah, this is right on the money. Sacks are overrated. Granted, I would love to see Peppers rack up double-digit sacks, and I'm sure he will once the Bears find a way to get some more consistent pressure on the interior line. But at least once or twice every game I've seen Peppers get a pressure that might as well have been a sack. Look at the play where Favre got called for intentional grounding: Peppers beats his blockers and the next second he's right in Favre's face. That's a sack if Favre holds the ball, but it doesn't really matter that he got it out before the hit, since Peppers didn't even give him time to find a receiver's feet for a dirtball. Peppers forced the grounding penalty, which lead to lost yards and a 4th down, same as a sack. I'll take that any day.

Yeah, Melton was a real surprise!

I think Melton was an animal today and Jennings pissed me off. Jennings blew coverage twice which allowed the TD on Harris and then a 42yd pass interference on Manning. Melton seemed to be in on every play.

I agree. Why the hell does FOX give Siragusa a microphone. He needs to shut his ass up and stop chiming in. He's like that annoying bastard on Iron Chef (Japan)...every 2 seconds "Kway-san"...shut up Goose and Moose needs to join him. Senseless babble the whole game.

Big W for the Beloved Bear!!!