Aw poor baby

Guest TerraTor

Boo freakin' hoo. You know what Favre, I bet at least half the rest of the guys on the field felt various pain too? Whoopdee doo. Why does anyone give this clown the attention he is addicted to? Once upon a time he was a good player (but unfortunately played for the Pack) now he's just a nuisance.

Honestly, I think he's trying to come up with an excuse for his awful play. If he had really had an injury to his throwing shoulder and he told the coaching staff about it, which he says he did, then not disclosing it on the injury report is against league policy.

Now, I wouldn't put it beyond Childress to play some stupid games with the injury list: he already did that this week when he listed Harvin as "doubtful" and then played him with no restrictions. But if he were going to try to hide Favre's injury, you'd think he'd at least tell the guy not to blab to the media about hurting his shoulder on Saturday. I think Favre's just trying to cover up the fact that Lovie's had his number since 2004.

According to Rotoworld, Favre's now saying the injury is no big deal going forward. He was talking about getting an MRI and seeing Dr. James Andrews, but now he agrees with Childress that the shoulder's no big deal? Two explanations:

1.) Favre was bullshitting to cover up for a bad game. Childress didn't go along with it, and now Favre's backpedaling while still trying to claim that the underthrown ball to Harvin was because of his shoulder. Sure it was, Brett.

2.) Favre was actually hurt, they didn't put it on the injury report, and now Childress is getting Favre to lie for him so they don't get in trouble. This seems a little less plausible, just because Childress has been on the brink of benching Favre for a while now. He's losing them games and the injury thing would give him a REALLY convenient excuse, so he doesn't have to admit that it's for performance reasons. I think if Favre really told the staff he hurt his shoulder on Saturday, he'd have been on the bench Sunday.