Hester does it all

Connorbear

So I'm ready to eat crow on this one. I was in the "keep Hester at receiver" camp all last season, but he's proved me wrong. He looked pretty good as a receiver last year, but he's been AWESOME on returns this year. I still think a good receiver is more valuable than a good return man, but it'd be easier to find a go-to wideout than to replace the best returner in history.

After teams stopped kicking to him, I really never thought he'd start blowing up returns again like he has. On top of that, I think he's actually better at WR when he's only on the field for a few well-designed plays. Teams did a good job taking him away with the double team when he was an every-down guy, but they can't do that when he's only in for a package of plays. Slot, split wide, in the backfield - I don't care where he lines up, as long as he's a surprise when he takes the field. If Hester can keep tearing up kick returns, and Martz creates a package for him that keeps defenses off-balance, I say take him off every-down receiver duty and let him concentrate on getting that kick return record.