Bears @ Dolphins 11/18/10, 7:20 CT, NFL Network

Ed Hochuli 3:16

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All that said. Tyler Thigpen is a pretty solid quarterback so the Bears can't sleep on him and in a short week there is going to be very little adjusting that can be done on the fly. It is going to be a tough game, especially since Miami has a very good defense and a strong rushing attack. Oh and they have Nolan as there DC and he is about as good as it gets at disguises his blitz packages.

This game will be a huge test for our oline, imo, as well as our dlineman. Step up to the challenge Chicago!!!

Dolphins only losses are to very good teams (Pats/Steelers/Ravens/Jets).

I can almost guarantee that Tyler Thigpen will produce a good game against the Bears...because that's what the Bears' defense typically allows. He'll throw a ton of short passes for nearly 300 yards, and he'll have one or two INTs.

If Jake Long is out, I don't know how they can slow down the Bears' D-line.

Jake Long has a labrum tear, but he's going to play. He'll wear a brace, and he's going to need surgery at some point. We'll see how effective he is, but I wouldn't count him out entirely. Also, Vernon Carey's a pretty capable LT in a pinch, if Long really can't go.

Wake is apparently going to be OK - he practiced in full the next day after hurting his hip. Not good news for Frank Omiyale.

The Bears definitely shouldn't sleep on Thigpen. He's a gambler and that could lead to some turnovers, but he's a very mobile QB and there are a couple of teams in the league (Arizona, Carolina, Cleveland before Colt McCoy stepped up) where he'd probably start. He looked decent in that goofy pistol offense that Chan Gailey was running in Kansas City...he's definitely not your average third-string or even second-string QB.

I'm expecting a win for Chicago, but probably not a big game offensively. Miami has a tough defense, especially against the pass. They could have some success if Martz keeps mixing in the run and the screen and he lets Cutler throw on the move, but this is going to be a week to limit those high-risk downfield shots. If they can get down into the red zone, they need to come away with at least 3, not a turnover. A kick return score from Hester would be HUGE, as I don't see either team putting up a ton of points on offense.

I trust the Bears to snuff out the Wildcat, but if Thigpen can work the ball to Brandon Marshall, there could be problems. The defense's Achilles heel all year has been covering big WRs: Calvin Johnson, Miles Austin, Mike Williams...even Steve Johnson gave them trouble. If history is any indicator, Brandon Marshall's going to have a big day. That said, I think this is a 21-17 kind of game, and the Bears come away with the win.

I can almost guarantee that Tyler Thigpen will produce a good game against the Bears...because that's what the Bears' defense typically allows. He'll throw a ton of short passes for nearly 300 yards, and he'll have one or two INTs.

I don't know, our defense is a top 5 unit:

QB Rating against us: 66.7, yards allowed per attempt: 5.96, and touchdown passes against: 6.

#2 Pts Allowed, #2 Rushing yards against, #4 Total Yards allowed, #2 INT, #1 FFum, #5 First Downs against, #4 3rd Down Conversions

Miami is also -5 in Turnovers. That plays right into the Bears strengths.

Ugh.. Don't call 7 step drops Martz! They never work. Keep going with the short passing game, it's been working.

Thats the scary thing with Martz. He still wants those 7 step drops. The problem with that is, our line is built for the quick 3 step drop. If his plan is to get Cutler killed, then keep with the 7 step drops.

As long as they can keep the pressure up the middle to a minimum we should be good. They might need to start chipping on the right side.