Another great Throw

Guest TerraTor

Seriously? We had a hell of a 1st half and it was 2nd and a mile with a huge rush. Under 2 minutes in the game and we were just outside of scoring range. It was a dumb play but Jay figured he might as well take a chance.

Again, stupid pass and I have no idea what he was doing but that holding by Webb really hurt and I told my wife after that penalty I thought a pick was coming.

According to Cutler he was trying to throw the ball away and he threw it a bit too far. Who knows, I'm just resigned to the fact we'll always see 2 or 3 of these throws in a game. Sometimes they'll get picked sometimes they won't. Overall though I am noticing a nice trend of Cutler taking more and more underneath throws. Slowly but surely he is becoming more content to move the ball on long drives. Martz too, he called run and run even when they weren't going anywhere. Eventually they got it going and Forte ended up with over 100 yards (only to lose it on the last few plays of the game when Miami sold out with 10 in the box to stop him.)

According to Cutler he was trying to throw the ball away and he threw it a bit too far. Who knows, I'm just resigned to the fact we'll always see 2 or 3 of these throws in a game. Sometimes they'll get picked sometimes they won't. Overall though I am noticing a nice trend of Cutler taking more and more underneath throws. Slowly but surely he is becoming more content to move the ball on long drives. Martz too, he called run and run even when they weren't going anywhere. Eventually they got it going and Forte ended up with over 100 yards (only to lose it on the last few plays of the game when Miami sold out with 10 in the box to stop him.)

I heard that in the post game too and it made me feel better, because outside of that throw I can only think of 1 or 2 that a defender even had a shot at a pick and it would have taken a great play. And in general, every QB will have a couple of those situations.

Of course It still sucks that he threw it far.