Opportunistic

madlithuanian

I've been thinking...scary thought, I know...but I see this team as pretty oppotunistic. Granted, they flubbed opportunity against SEA and WAS, but they certainly made the most against DET, in DAL, against a horrid CAR team, against a bad BUF team, agasint a fuel-less MIN team, and against a banged up MIA team. They are 7-3 for a reason. For the most part, they've made the most of their opportunities.

Now, are they really good? Well, I know their D and ST's are. And I know the OL is not good. I know the WR's are fair, the RB's are sufficient, and the TE's capable. The QB is all over the map, but I think he's more good than bad.

Regardless if we are truly good...I think if the team keeps being opportunisitic, we could honestly go far.

1. We have health. For the first time in freakin' eons! It makes a huge difference... The healthier you are down the stretch, the better you tend to do.

2. We have talent...see above

3. We have luck...part of being opportunisitc.

I still believe our coaches leave a bit to be desired, especially the HC. But, I think the team can win despite his deficiencies.

Would you rather be lucky or good? In this day and age...I'm thinking lucky. And we can "luck" into some big things if we keep improving... It certainly beats the alternative!

I have to fair with luck with a twist of good. With that being said, next week will be a huge test and I just think that Vick has had this season, especially after Monday night, he is due for a bad game. Nobody plays 16 damn near flawless games. He has been great this year, but so has our defense.

After next Sunday, we will know where we stand. We still haven't played our perfect game. We still, on both sides of the ball, played great for the same 60 minutes. This team is full of potential and we seem to be starting to click. We need that luck factor as well to make things happen. Because right now, Vick is having that lucky season. Our luck can happen Sunday if Vick's luck run's out.

I have to fair with luck with a twist of good. With that being said, next week will be a huge test and I just think that Vick has had this season, especially after Monday night, he is due for a bad game. Nobody plays 16 damn near flawless games. He has been great this year, but so has our defense.

After next Sunday, we will know where we stand. We still haven't played our perfect game. We still, on both sides of the ball, played great for the same 60 minutes. This team is full of potential and we seem to be starting to click. We need that luck factor as well to make things happen. Because right now, Vick is having that lucky season. Our luck can happen Sunday if Vick's luck run's out.

I like our chances against the Eagles and Vick and lets just see how he fares against a tough Giants team that had their way against the Bears O-line.With 10 days to prepare it should be very interesting how the Bears do.This veteran staff love them or hate them has done a decent job of self-scouting and making adjustments to what they do.

1. The Eagles are banged up and the Giants will bang them up even more. They've been hurting QB's badly this year.

2. Vick has been great but so has our D. Also, he's due for a bad one (someone already mentioned both).

3. The staff has extended time to prepare for Philly and the players will practice Monday which gives them an extra day.

4. Vick has dominated the Lions and Redskins, both of which are bad defenses. He has NY Sunday and Chicago Sunday. Let's see how he does against actual defenses.

I think we match up well with the Eagles, and anything can happen in the 2010 NFL.

BTW- Mad: great post. It's fun to look at. The Bears have been lucky and good, and like I said, anything can happen this year. If the Bears win by 14 or lose by 14, neither would surprise me.

I like our chances against the Eagles and Vick and lets just see how he fares against a tough Giants team that had their way against the Bears O-line.With 10 days to prepare it should be very interesting how the Bears do.This veteran staff love them or hate them has done a decent job of self-scouting and making adjustments to what they do.

We always seemed to play well against Vick when he was with the Falcons. Hey,it's a test and I think that the Bears are now feeling up to that test. We'll see in this wacky season.

Ha!

I agree that the whole Vick/Philly thing could be just the flavor of the month...and historically we match up well against Vick. I'd love to see Url hunt him down yet again!

It's fun to be in the mix!

1. The Eagles are banged up and the Giants will bang them up even more. They've been hurting QB's badly this year.

2. Vick has been great but so has our D. Also, he's due for a bad one (someone already mentioned both).

3. The staff has extended time to prepare for Philly and the players will practice Monday which gives them an extra day.

4. Vick has dominated the Lions and Redskins, both of which are bad defenses. He has NY Sunday and Chicago Sunday. Let's see how he does against actual defenses.

I think we match up well with the Eagles, and anything can happen in the 2010 NFL.

BTW- Mad: great post. It's fun to look at. The Bears have been lucky and good, and like I said, anything can happen this year. If the Bears win by 14 or lose by 14, neither would surprise me.