Jeff Fischer for Head Coach?

BearFan PHX

With the developing rift between Jeff Fisher and Vince Young heating up in Tennessee, things are starting to look like they both can't return next year. if that's true, given the guarantee'd $ that Young is due, and recent statements from the owner of the Titans supporting Vince Young, you gotta wonder if Jeff Fisher will be looking for a new home.

He might be a natural fit for Chicago. He's proven, steady, defensive oriented, not too volatile, a winner who isn't available due to having lost or not having experience. And of course, hes a member of the 1985 Chicago Bears defense.

Peppers will fit any scheme, and it's time to retool the DTs anyway, so starting a new defensive system isn't such a big deal. He also has experience with mobile QBs int he offensive gameplan.

I'm not sure I wouldn't like to see this current group keep going with a couple more OL next year tho, so I'm not saying I like this idea or not - but given the situation, and the 85 connection, its a natural question isn't it?

Thoughts?

Sold

With the developing rift between Jeff Fisher and Vince Young heating up in Tennessee, things are starting to look like they both can't return next year. if that's true, given the guarantee'd $ that Young is due, and recent statements from the owner of the Titans supporting Vince Young, you gotta wonder if Jeff Fisher will be looking for a new home.

He might be a natural fit for Chicago. He's proven, steady, defensive oriented, not too volatile, a winner who isn't available due to having lost or not having experience. And of course, hes a member of the 1985 Chicago Bears defense.

Peppers will fit any scheme, and it's time to retool the DTs anyway, so starting a new defensive system isn't such a big deal. He also has experience with mobile QBs int he offensive gameplan.

I'm not sure I wouldn't like to see this current group keep going with a couple more OL next year tho, so I'm not saying I like this idea or not - but given the situation, and the 85 connection, its a natural question isn't it?

Thoughts?

I would love to have Fischer come back home to be our head coach however, with the team over achieving and making the play-offs may hamper that idea. The only way that this may work is if we back into the play-offs and get spanked. I just do not have faith in the family with the clowns that they have allowed to supposedly run this great franchise. If there really is a house cleaning, I would be completely in favor if hiring Fischer.

I would love to have Fischer come back home to be our head coach however, with the team over achieving and making the play-offs may hamper that idea. The only way that this may work is if we back into the play-offs and get spanked. I just do not have faith in the family with the clowns that they have allowed to supposedly run this great franchise. If there really is a house cleaning, I would be completely in favor if hiring Fischer.

I agree. Fisher would be a great choice, but I agree I think Lovie is back next year because of how he has handled the accountability of the players. Not to mention the fact that we are winning. I think that if we keep winning, he almost deserves to stay...as much as I don't like it. He gets paid to win games and by our record he is this year. It drives me nuts, everytime we try to get him out...he pushes back in!!!

1 Super Bowl appearance in 17 years? Pass.

Good point especially the time he's been there and the general autonomy that he has had...until recently. Lovie can boast more than that. I can still remember his three promises when he (Lovie) was hired. Beat GB, win the division and go to the Super Bowl. All accomplished within his first contract...not bad. What's next?? Win the Super Bowl??? Guess we'll see.'

Good point especially the time he's been there and the general autonomy that he has had...until recently. Lovie can boast more than that. I can still remember his three promises when he (Lovie) was hired. Beat GB, win the division and go to the Super Bowl. All accomplished within his first contract...not bad. What's next?? Win the Super Bowl??? Guess we'll see.'

I wouldnt' say he's had general autonomy...he's had important decisions for that franchise made above his head. For example...it's pretty well known that the Titans coaching staff didn't really want Vince Young, but their owner, who happened to be a Texan, thought it would be a great thing to take a quarterback from Texas and have him leading his team.

I wouldnt' say he's had general autonomy...he's had important decisions for that franchise made above his head. For example...it's pretty well known that the Titans coaching staff didn't really want Vince Young, but their owner, who happened to be a Texan, thought it would be a great thing to take a quarterback from Texas and have him leading his team.

Oddly enough I meant that he (Fisher) did have the bull by the horns until the recent Jerry Jones like influences put upon by the owner Adams. Isn't it interesting how they both (Jones and Adams) insist on not only drafting players from their preferred schools (Adams - Texas and Jones - Arkanasas) but then insist on those players playing more if not start? So how is it that it says Adams went to the Univ. of Kansas he is tied to Texas?

By the way, I like your "footer" regarding Bush having a hot dog with Stephen. Colbert Nation rocks!!!

Colbert_Nation_Flag3.jpg

I don't see the Bears getting rid of Lovie, firing him creates more problems than it solves right now. Cutler would be on his 4th offense in 5 years if that happened (because Martz would be done). Plus, this year, Lovie's kept the team disciplined and playing hard, and it's hard to justify firing a guy when you're winning. If anyone needs to be replaced it's Angelo, and in my fantasy land I'm all about Cowher or Parcells for GM if they want the job.

Well unless the Bears fail to make the playoffs I don't see Lovie going anywhere next year. He's got one year left on his deal IIRC so he'll most likely get another year to prove he deserves another contract. IMO we have to make the playoffs both years for me to be okay with giving him a new deal, and I don't mean just getting there. We need to do some damage. A Superbowl win would be nice :)

I don't see the Bears getting rid of Lovie, firing him creates more problems than it solves right now. Cutler would be on his 4th offense in 5 years if that happened (because Martz would be done). Plus, this year, Lovie's kept the team disciplined and playing hard, and it's hard to justify firing a guy when you're winning. If anyone needs to be replaced it's Angelo, and in my fantasy land I'm all about Cowher or Parcells for GM if they want the job.

Getting rid of Lovie at this current point in time makes zero sense. If he keeps this up and they either A) win the superbowl or B) continue to win early next season, the man deserves an extension.

Getting rid of Lovie at this current point in time makes zero sense. If he keeps this up and they either A) win the superbowl or B) continue to win early next season, the man deserves an extension.

No doubt this staff stays now. But I do not want to hear any "extension" talk until we have accomplished something in the post season.