Great win!!!!!

azbearsfan

This solidified my belief in this team. The score doesn't indicate how much we dominated them. The last TD was a joke and makes the game look close but Peppers was absolutely amazing in this game. The entire defensive line stepped up big time. How many 6'8 285 pound guys can catch Michael Vick from behind? Not too mention like 3 separate times!

This solidified my belief in this team. The score doesn't indicate how much we dominated them. The last TD was a joke and makes the game look close but Peppers was absolutely amazing in this game. The entire defensive line stepped up big time. How many 6'8 285 pound guys can catch Michael Vick from behind? Not too mention like 3 separate times!

What a great win tonight! It is a good day to be a Bears fan...maybe we can get to the playoffs/Super Bowl.... Great win!

Agreed. I must say this was probably my favorite game of the year. Nearly every aspect of the team did well. The only things that weren't good or great were the offensive line (no surprise) and the coaching decision at the end of just hope and hold on with that garbage prevent when they were doing so well otherwise the entire game.

Was multi-tasking towards the end of the game and can't not believe we did not hold a double digit lead for this game. Still a win is a win and now we have to make sure we do not let down in Detroit next weekend. O-Line still struggles, defense looked beatable at times however, seeming great effort by the team today. Coaches need to get rid of the prevent as all it does is allow the team trailing a chance to get back into the game. Peppers was amazing once again and those who dissed him because he was not getting sacks, remember sacks to not make a season what Pep has brought to this team in incredible!!!!!!

Great game all the way around. I include the coaches on there too. Again there was some confusion on the Oline early on but it was fixed. Meanwhile Cutler hung in there during the troubles and kept his cool. Martz continued to call runs even when most of them went nowhere, for the fourth week in row! Can't say enough about the D, they kept everything underneath and that's what you have to do against these guys.

Guest TerraTor
Meanwhile, Henry Melton is becoming a beast! Seriously, I love this kids motor.

Yes I definately agree on that. Also add Izzy's emergence. This is all due to the addition of Peppers. Anyone who critisized the move is an ass. Think about it. 30M guaranteed to Peppers..... 100mill to Haynesworth who is a fukkhead, 50M guaranteed to Suh...

Yes I definately agree on that. Also add Izzy's emergence. This is all due to the addition of Peppers. Anyone who critisized the move is an ass. Think about it. 30M guaranteed to Peppers..... 100mill to Haynesworth who is a fukkhead, 50M guaranteed to Suh...

Suh is probably DPOY. If not, Nate Allen or Earl Thomas.

But yes, Peppers has been great. Cutler was good today. Agree he wasn't a jackass today, Terra?

Guest TerraTor
Suh is probably DPOY. If not, Nate Allen or Earl Thomas.

But yes, Peppers has been great. Cutler was good today. Agree he wasn't a jackass today, Terra?

Ya no complaints about Jay tonight. Thank Ditka!

Great game minor complaint about Cutler, he needs to keep his cool with the refs. Didn't matter last night but that can loose you a close game.

4 TD's & some real nice scrambling he had an excellent day

Agreed he need his cool, but the ref did blow it with that non-call. At least he didn't go Andre Johnson on the ref.

Agreed he need his cool, but the ref did blow it with that non-call. At least he didn't go Andre Johnson on the ref.

And that wasn't the first blown non-call on the refs I think that was the one that put him over the edge. While I don't like that he kept at it till he got a flag for it, I like that he is not just going to sit there and take it. I don't know how many times he's taken hits that should have been roughing that would have been called if his jersey read Manning, Brady, Rodgers, etc. For a Marquee QB the officials seem disinterested in protecting Jay. Is it because he's a Bear? I like that the Bears as a whole showed fire today much of the extra curricular activity after plays were instigated by the Eagles and the Bears players were standing up for each other like the shove to Forte lead to Kruetz shoving that player. From what I could see it looks like there's plenty of dirty players on the Eagles When the game ends with three QB kneels and Cutler takes a knee and sprints away from the line because they are diving at the line as a defense to me is sour grapes from a sore loser.

We dominated this game and at one point up 3 scores on one of "the best teams" in the NFC. The final score makes this game appear closer than it really was. That TD to Selek was a fluke. It was thrown to a well covered receiver and more often than not that ball is batted down or picked. I liked that the Bears came to play yesterday and executed well in all three phases, if they can play like this the rest of the way the can play with anyone. Hats off to Martz true to his word he kept the play calling balanced and called another good game. Marinelli had his Defense ready to play they just showed how to beat the Eagles we got pressure with our front four and we able to commit players into coverage and not give up the big play well designed defensive game plan and well executed on field. Offensively we looked like the high powered offense yesterday I liked that we kept the pedal down and pushed it to a three score lead and had the ball nearly the entire 3rd Quarter. Keeping the Eagles offense on the sideline. We sustained drives and capped hem off with TDs. Big plays were on our side and none bigger than Chris Harris' INT. 2nd and goal from the 4 the Eagles trailing by one were in position to take a 2 point or a 6 point lead at half time instead we get the turn over and march down the field and score making it an 8 point halftime lead. That's as much as a 13 point swing in our favor just before halftime and we got the ball to start the half and score again. The Eagles could not stop us till we went ultra conservative with a 3 score lead and let them crawl back into the game in the 4th. This is probably the most complete game I've seen the Bears play this year if not in the last three years. And Cutler looked like the guy we traded for great decision making, great ball placement, and good use of his feet.

Some things I didn't like were the play of the OL at times was horrible. Multiple times there were 2-3 guys coming clean that should never happen. Web has horrible technique and repeatedly getting beat by guys who he has a size advantage over should not happen. Prevent Defense in the fourth allowing the Eagles to get a pair of FG's and a TD to draw with in Seven at the end. I have never liked the prevent as I'm sure I'm not the only one. Why go away from what is working you give up cheap yards and cheep points I know we had a cushion score wise that it didn't matter but the final score shouldn't have been that close but still a win we dominated when many assumed we'd lose this game. That's really my two big negatives. We obviously need to address the OL this off-season and I think the play of the defense, Cutler, receivers and RB are good enough that we can focus mainly on OL. Fix the OL and your running game gets better, and your passing game gets better. Over the last few weeks the Bears have outperformed the play of their line or found success in spite of bad OLine play. Sure there has been improvement from the line but they are a long way from decent. One thing that does help an OL line is consistency and there has been no consistency. We've played musical chairs with the line for the most part. They are sticking with the guys that are in place now and we'll see how this group plays in the coming weeks.

Cutler's been getting ripped all year long about not caring...so I don't mind a little piss n' vinegar! Thankfully, it didn't cost that much in the big picture...

And that wasn't the first blown non-call on the refs I think that was the one that put him over the edge. While I don't like that he kept at it till he got a flag for it, I like that he is not just going to sit there and take it. I don't know how many times he's taken hits that should have been roughing that would have been called if his jersey read Manning, Brady, Rodgers, etc. For a Marquee QB the officials seem disinterested in protecting Jay. Is it because he's a Bear? I like that the Bears as a whole showed fire today much of the extra curricular activity after plays were instigated by the Eagles and the Bears players were standing up for each other like the shove to Forte lead to Kruetz shoving that player. From what I could see it looks like there's plenty of dirty players on the Eagles When the game ends with three QB kneels and Cutler takes a knee and sprints away from the line because they are diving at the line as a defense to me is sour grapes from a sore loser.

We dominated this game and at one point up 3 scores on one of "the best teams" in the NFC. The final score makes this game appear closer than it really was. That TD to Selek was a fluke. It was thrown to a well covered receiver and more often than not that ball is batted down or picked. I liked that the Bears came to play yesterday and executed well in all three phases, if they can play like this the rest of the way the can play with anyone. Hats off to Martz true to his word he kept the play calling balanced and called another good game. Marinelli had his Defense ready to play they just showed how to beat the Eagles we got pressure with our front four and we able to commit players into coverage and not give up the big play well designed defensive game plan and well executed on field. Offensively we looked like the high powered offense yesterday I liked that we kept the pedal down and pushed it to a three score lead and had the ball nearly the entire 3rd Quarter. Keeping the Eagles offense on the sideline. We sustained drives and capped hem off with TDs. Big plays were on our side and none bigger than Chris Harris' INT. 2nd and goal from the 4 the Eagles trailing by one were in position to take a 2 point or a 6 point lead at half time instead we get the turn over and march down the field and score making it an 8 point halftime lead. That's as much as a 13 point swing in our favor just before halftime and we got the ball to start the half and score again. The Eagles could not stop us till we went ultra conservative with a 3 score lead and let them crawl back into the game in the 4th. This is probably the most complete game I've seen the Bears play this year if not in the last three years. And Cutler looked like the guy we traded for great decision making, great ball placement, and good use of his feet.

Some things I didn't like were the play of the OL at times was horrible. Multiple times there were 2-3 guys coming clean that should never happen. Web has horrible technique and repeatedly getting beat by guys who he has a size advantage over should not happen. Prevent Defense in the fourth allowing the Eagles to get a pair of FG's and a TD to draw with in Seven at the end. I have never liked the prevent as I'm sure I'm not the only one. Why go away from what is working you give up cheap yards and cheep points I know we had a cushion score wise that it didn't matter but the final score shouldn't have been that close but still a win we dominated when many assumed we'd lose this game. That's really my two big negatives. We obviously need to address the OL this off-season and I think the play of the defense, Cutler, receivers and RB are good enough that we can focus mainly on OL. Fix the OL and your running game gets better, and your passing game gets better. Over the last few weeks the Bears have outperformed the play of their line or found success in spite of bad OLine play. Sure there has been improvement from the line but they are a long way from decent. One thing that does help an OL line is consistency and there has been no consistency. We've played musical chairs with the line for the most part. They are sticking with the guys that are in place now and we'll see how this group plays in the coming weeks.

Ya no complaints about Jay tonight. Thank Ditka!

No, not about his performance. I mean, he wore that official sideline winter hat yesterday like Favre did 2 weeks ago, so I'm just wondering.

Meanwhile, Jauron Gilbert is a on a practice squad somewhere. Looks like the Melton pick turned out being positive.

Peace :dabears

Actually, I think the Jets cut him a few weeks ago, so therefore, he's on no team.

Agreed. I must say this was probably my favorite game of the year. Nearly every aspect of the team did well. The only things that weren't good or great were the offensive line (no surprise) and the coaching decision at the end of just hope and hold on with that garbage prevent when they were doing so well otherwise the entire game.

I'd say the coaching scheme worked fine. They forced Philly to eat up the clock and accept high percent short yardage plays knowing that it would be tough for them to hit the end zone. I still dont' know how that TD pass made its way past all the Bears in the area.

The game was completely dominant. Oline played well outside of a stretch in the 2nd quarter where they forgot what blocking was (3 sacks in a limited number of dropbacks).

Again I will say, touche players and touche coaches!!!

Cutler's been getting ripped all year long about not caring...so I don't mind a little piss n' vinegar! Thankfully, it didn't cost that much in the big picture...

Amen to that. I just thought it showed heart. Hell, even ol' man Olin was kicking ass yesterday. I love it when this team plays with a chip on its shoulder. And whoever said above that Jay isn't getting the preferencial treatment Manning, Brady, etc get, you're right! But he hasn't earned that treatment yet either. A few more games like yesterday and maybe he'll be considered an A+ QB by the refs.

I'll say this about Jay, it seems like more people are talking about what a fiery leader he is and how he's the type of QB you wouldn't mind playing for. I still think everything is a bit early, but I hope we continue to see him grow and develop at QB cause we know he's got the skills, its just a matter of maturing!!!

Very true.

Much of the Eagles' successes have been due to the big play. We simply took that away. Probably the only time in the past 5 years I didn't mind dbacks playing back...

I'd say the coaching scheme worked fine. They forced Philly to eat up the clock and accept high percent short yardage plays knowing that it would be tough for them to hit the end zone. I still dont' know how that TD pass made its way past all the Bears in the area.

The game was completely dominant. Oline played well outside of a stretch in the 2nd quarter where they forgot what blocking was (3 sacks in a limited number of dropbacks).

The "prevent" worked in this case as it was supposed to. 100% All the D was out there to do was keep them from scoring before the 2 minute warning. And they almost kept them from scoring period, but for an absolutely perfect pass into triple coverage. I'd say the coaches not only get a pass on the game from me but deserve a pat on the back.

The "prevent" worked in this case as it was supposed to. 100% All the D was out there to do was keep them from scoring before the 2 minute warning. And they almost kept them from scoring period, but for an absolutely perfect pass into triple coverage. I'd say the coaches not only get a pass on the game from me but deserve a pat on the back.

Exactly, they Eagles had no time outs so the play was to give the underneath and let them chew clock. great job by the defense in not giving up the big plays.

Don't confuse winning with working. You can drive a mile with a flat tire, but that doesn't make it the best way.

Yes, the Bears got the win, but they could have made it much more convincing if they had stuck with the plan from quarters 1-3 instead of playing prevent in the 4th.

Don't confuse winning with working. You can drive a mile with a flat tire, but that doesn't make it the best way.

Yes, the Bears got the win, but they could have made it much more convincing if they had stuck with the plan from quarters 1-3 instead of playing prevent in the 4th.

And if they would have given up two bombs to Jackson in the fourth quarter you would be complaining about that.

Just enjoy the win and where the Bears are in the league.