Steve Young

Ed Hochuli 3:16

Honestly, f*** this guy. Just now on ESPN's MNF pregame show, they showed the Bears highlights. Millen went on to say the OL is improved and the D is great led by Urlacher. Young followed by saying the Bears are Super Bowl material but Cutler can't make boneheaded throws like HE DID YESTERDAY. He said the stats looked good but made too many risky throws still. Is Steve Young f***ing lost? Go f*** yourself, Steve. He made 1 bad throw all game and that was on the 3rd down with about 4 minutes left. ONE bad throw, stupid f***.

Seriously, what the hell is he saying?

I could give 2 f***s about giving credit to the Bears. People have their reasons for hating this team and I can't exactly 100% blame them yet. But for ESPN to be paying this f*** probably $2 million a year to go on the air and tell lies is insane. No wonder Chicago gets no credit- because they believe these stupid f***s on ESPN.

Go to hell, ESPN, and especially you, Steve Young.

Oh, and a special mention to Trent Dilfer. Rot in hell too, Trent.

/endrant (apologies for language)

Who cares what they say. Worry about the team, not the analysts. They are paid to be controversial.

Peace :dabears

Ha, I actually took Young's comments as overall positive so to each his own. Basically the way I saw his comments were the Bears have the chance to get to the Superbowl if Jay plays less risky. And frankly Jay had more than one bad throw yesterday. The TD pass to Olsen was a pick if not for a great play by the TE. And the TD pass to Bennett on the outside was thrown off his back foot and floated there. If Samuel was on the field, that's a pick 6 the other way.

So, in short, I agree with Young. This team has a chance to do something interesting BUT they need to see continues growth from Cutler.

Guest TerraTor
Think I told Steve Young to eat shite earlier this season? Cant remember my exact words

Here it is, told him to go to hell and called him a prick too

Group: Super Fans

Member No.: 2,667

QUOTE (azbearsfan @ Sep 27 2010, 10:07 PM)

Spot on!!!!

and Steve Young you can go to hell too, prick

Ha, I actually took Young's comments as overall positive so to each his own. Basically the way I saw his comments were the Bears have the chance to get to the Superbowl if Jay plays less risky. And frankly Jay had more than one bad throw yesterday. The TD pass to Olsen was a pick if not for a great play by the TE. And the TD pass to Bennett on the outside was thrown off his back foot and floated there. If Samuel was on the field, that's a pick 6 the other way.

So, in short, I agree with Young. This team has a chance to do something interesting BUT they need to see continues growth from Cutler.

The TD pass to Olsen was a great play by Olsen, yes. However, do you honestly think Cutler would've thrown it that way if it was Knox he had been throwing to? Highly doubtful. He lofted it for a reason.

Once again, it started off complimentary but people are still treating Cutler like a retard. Dating back to week 16 of 2009, he's thrown 10 (maybe it's 11) INT's and 24 TD's.

Who cares what they say. Worry about the team, not the analysts. They are paid to be controversial.

Peace :dabears

Apparently, you missed where I said I still have some doubts too so it's fine if others don't see them as contenders. But it's different when ESPN sends this dips*** to every MNF site and he gives his opinion WHEN IT'S NEVER F***ING RIGHT. There's having an opinion and then there's being a moron. Young was the latter in this case.

Haha I hate Steve Young. I saw what he said and had to laugh but I think he kind of a gave us a back handed compliment at the same time. I guess he thinks our defense can carry us to the Superbowl but Cutler needs to take even less risks with the football than he already has. I lol when he said he took too many risks last night. Really Steve? 4 touchdowns? His throws were on the money all night, and its in his DNA to take shots. The only play that I thought was risky was the one he threw off his backfoot to the outside. That was reminiscent of the DeAngelo Hall pick 6 a few weeks ago. The Olsen throw was a good risk to take because you expect Olsen to win that battle, he's 6'5 going against a 5 foot whatever corner. The only time I worry about Cutler is when he drops back and believe he HAS to make a throw downfield to move the chains. Those are the ones that usually result in a pick. Lately he's been very good at protecting the football and when he has nothing he has been taking off running to get whatever he can.

I have been thinking about this for awhile and I think the problem is these guys dont want to admit when they are wrong. They downed the Bears all preseason and on its way to a 4-3 record. After the bye week they have ripped off 4 wins in a row. The so called experts predicted the Bears would lose to the hot Eagles. Instead they put on a great showing and beat a very good team. The D has kept us in every game this year, there is no arguement that they are one of the best units in the NFL. The O has been good at times and bad at times, but since the Bye the O has gotten better each week. Lets not forget that this still is a new system. Look at the teams that are good year in and year out, they typically are teams that have been in the same system year in and year out. Look at Brady, Manning, Brees, and Rivers they have all been in the same system at least 3 to 7 years. This O is still working out the kinks and learning every week. If they keep doing what they have been doing the Steve Youngs and Trent Dilfers of the world will be forced to eat crow. My only question for them is who else do they have to beat to get some repsect? Do we have to beat NE, NYJ and Packers to finish out the year to get some respect?

Do we have to beat NE, NYJ and Packers to finish out the year to get some respect?

Probably, even then who knows?

Before the Eagles game EVERY expert I saw had the Eagles kicking our Ass. So what happens, during the game when it was obvious the Bears were not going to get their Butts kicked, the announcers started making excuses about how if Samuel was playing he would have forced a couple Cutler interceptions, etc... I think they knew Samuel was going to miss the game when they predicted we would get our butts kicked!

I also love the fact that they said before the PHI win we had only beaten 1 team with a winning record. When we played MIA they had a winning record. They then lost to us and became a .500 team. Now I think they are back on the plus side. But it is just a way for them to manipulate stats to try and discredit the Bears.

I personally am impressed with the way the Bears have improved from week to week over the past month. I knew there would be some growing pains with all the changes to the coaching staff. However, it is really starting to look quite impressive.

So, I could give a rat's ass about the experts, GO BEARS! It would be sweet to see Hester return another KO for a TD in another SB, as long as we win it all this time around!

Only winning the SB will give us respect. Otherwise, they'll all be "right". "See, the Bears were all smoke & mirrors and got bounced in the playoffs".

Winning it all solves it all. Anything less, and the naysayers save face. Even if we beat all those teams, we probably did so with help from the refs, lucky bounces, etc... They can rationalize any outcome. Only winning the big one would make them admit mistakes, even though I'm sure some would say we were still lucky. Which may be the case. Kind of like PIT beating SEA in the SB a few years back. No one's returning the trophy though...

I have been thinking about this for awhile and I think the problem is these guys dont want to admit when they are wrong. They downed the Bears all preseason and on its way to a 4-3 record. After the bye week they have ripped off 4 wins in a row. The so called experts predicted the Bears would lose to the hot Eagles. Instead they put on a great showing and beat a very good team. The D has kept us in every game this year, there is no arguement that they are one of the best units in the NFL. The O has been good at times and bad at times, but since the Bye the O has gotten better each week. Lets not forget that this still is a new system. Look at the teams that are good year in and year out, they typically are teams that have been in the same system year in and year out. Look at Brady, Manning, Brees, and Rivers they have all been in the same system at least 3 to 7 years. This O is still working out the kinks and learning every week. If they keep doing what they have been doing the Steve Youngs and Trent Dilfers of the world will be forced to eat crow. My only question for them is who else do they have to beat to get some repsect? Do we have to beat NE, NYJ and Packers to finish out the year to get some respect?

Well said Pix...

Before the Eagles game EVERY expert I saw had the Eagles kicking our Ass. So what happens, during the game when it was obvious the Bears were not going to get their Butts kicked, the announcers started making excuses about how if Samuel was playing he would have forced a couple Cutler interceptions, etc... I think they knew Samuel was going to miss the game when they predicted we would get our butts kicked!

I also love the fact that they said before the PHI win we had only beaten 1 team with a winning record. When we played MIA they had a winning record. They then lost to us and became a .500 team. Now I think they are back on the plus side. But it is just a way for them to manipulate stats to try and discredit the Bears.

I personally am impressed with the way the Bears have improved from week to week over the past month. I knew there would be some growing pains with all the changes to the coaching staff. However, it is really starting to look quite impressive.

So, I could give a rat's ass about the experts, GO BEARS! It would be sweet to see Hester return another KO for a TD in another SB, as long as we win it all this time around!

Well said, I noticed the announcers talking about Samuel when Philly looked beatable in the early stages of the game. Very impressive win for the Bears, if we can continue to progress the sky is the limit!

Honestly, f*** this guy. Just now on ESPN's MNF pregame show, they showed the Bears highlights. Millen went on to say the OL is improved and the D is great led by Urlacher. Young followed by saying the Bears are Super Bowl material but Cutler can't make boneheaded throws like HE DID YESTERDAY. He said the stats looked good but made too many risky throws still. Is Steve Young f***ing lost? Go f*** yourself, Steve. He made 1 bad throw all game and that was on the 3rd down with about 4 minutes left. ONE bad throw, stupid f***.

Seriously, what the hell is he saying?

I could give 2 f***s about giving credit to the Bears. People have their reasons for hating this team and I can't exactly 100% blame them yet. But for ESPN to be paying this f*** probably $2 million a year to go on the air and tell lies is insane. No wonder Chicago gets no credit- because they believe these stupid f***s on ESPN.

Go to hell, ESPN, and especially you, Steve Young.

Oh, and a special mention to Trent Dilfer. Rot in hell too, Trent.

/endrant (apologies for language)

I agree that it is frustrating to listen to the "talking heads" continue to cast doubt about how much the Bears are legit or not. And as other posters have noted that is what they (commentators like Young) are paid to do. I compare it to empty rhetoric in the political world and someone like Ochocinco or Owens talking trash during a game or afterward. Nothing much to it. Makes for motivation. Use it as such, post a copy of Young's statement on your fridge and after each game that the Bears are expected to lose...and don't, relish the victory that much more.

Or use the same thought process Urlacher did after the last game and say, in so many words, "F" them, we don't care what they think or say.

And in defense of one ESPN analyst better known as Da' Coach. Ditka was noted as saying not only is this team better than in '06 (due in part to Cutler's play compared to Grossman's) but that he thought they would go to the Super Bowl.

The only play that I thought was risky was the one he threw off his backfoot to the outside. That was reminiscent of the DeAngelo Hall pick 6 a few weeks ago.

On that throw I felt the same when I first saw it. However, on the replay it was clear the DB jumped to the inside when Cutler looked inside and that's when Cutler threw the ball to the outside receiver. No way to know if that's how Jay saw it or if he was just tossing it out there and got a bit of luck. I know this, if his name were Manning, Brees, or Brady he'd have been complimented for looking off the DB and coming back outside. Really the same goes for the Olsen catch. If Brady had tossed up something like that to Moss (he did in the past) he'd have been complimented for knowing his receiver would go get the ball.

The only people Jay needs to make happy are Bears fans. Did anyone mention that with our draft picks Denver has won 3 games?

I agree 100%. The improvement is the biggest factor. I was listening to Mike and Mike this morning, Urlacher was on and he brought up a big point that in the Miami game they only had 46 snaps. This is huge on a couple of levels 1. How many games over the last 10 years have we seen the D keep us in tight games only to wear out in the 4th because they are constantly on the field and 2. The less the D is on the field the less injuries we will see. We are the healtiest team in the NFl and i hope it stays that way. If we have a healthy D going into the playoffs i like our chances against any team