Defense

azbearsfan

How we handle New England will tell us a lot. While the Eagles are challenging with their deep threats NE spreads the ball around very quickly and that's always been something we've had trouble with. If there is one thing in our favor it's that it seems Brady has been getting hit a lot so our pass rush might be able to get him.

How we handle New England will tell us a lot. While the Eagles are challenging with their deep threats NE spreads the ball around very quickly and that's always been something we've had trouble with. If there is one thing in our favor it's that it seems Brady has been getting hit a lot so our pass rush might be able to get him.

Agreed, we shall see. Although with the offense trending upward its gives the defense a little more leeway as far as having to be perfect.

I personally felt that the magic number for the staff not to be fired was 10 wins, so it looks pretty good right now that this will happen.

Worth noting in comparing 06 and this year is that IIRC the defense was much, much better the first 10 games of 06 than it was the last few, because Harris and Brown went down for the season just after the 1/2way point, and that really weakened htem.

Good points. I think this year the opposite is happening, I see them getting stronger. We have finally been able to get pressure with the front four. Melton has been really getting better each week. I think getting Major Wright back from injury has strengthened the safety rotation. Hopefully it will continue that way.

Good points. I think this year the opposite is happening, I see them getting stronger. We have finally been able to get pressure with the front four. Melton has been really getting better each week. I think getting Major Wright back from injury has strengthened the safety rotation. Hopefully it will continue that way.

The defence and offence seem to be improving, even T Harris is showing some flashes of life and Melton and Idonije continue to impress. Linebackers are great, secondary much more solid than in previous years. Forte showing some real burst, Cutler can pass if given the time and O Line is improving. I honestly believe ultimate success will hinge on the O Line doing a decent, not necessarily great, job so that Cutler has a bit of time to throw. Give him that time and we are tough to beat.

I also feel the Martz/Tice/Marinelli coaching staff give us a huge boost in experience in big-time football. I feel we definitely belong in the playoffs.....if we continue to improve, dare I say the big game?

It's pretty exciting to think what the D could do if we can keep up our health and keep improving!

I didn't realize that this years defense was putting up better numbers than the 2006 defense,

interesting read here

I thought the article said the only stat we are better in is Rushing yds per game? Otherwise, the 2006 defense was better all around statistically.

Either way, this defense seems very solid across the board without a true weakness (in terms of players).

I thought the article said the only stat we are better in is Rushing yds per game? Otherwise, the 2006 defense was better all around statistically.

Either way, this defense seems very solid across the board without a true weakness (in terms of players).

lol U r right, I totally switch the years and I was reading it backwards. I feel sheepish.....

Looks like that is why I didn't realize that 2010 was better, because they aren't!!!