Believe it or not

Ed Hochuli 3:16

...this was a good win. Why you ask?

The Bears LOST the turnover battle. They seemingly never win when they lose that.

Detroit averages 31 ppg at home which is pretty damn good.

They have a great redzone efficiency rate.

The Lions are great in the last 2 minutes of a half.

Don't look to Sunday and get down. The Bears play well at home and the Patriots were tied with Detroit after 3 quarters on Thanksgiving.

Bear Down

Yeah, I don't think the Bears did badly at all against Detroit's offense. That's been one of the more productive offenses in the NFL all season, and Stanton did a lot better than I thought he would. The Bears' D wasn't spectacular, but holding a high-scoring offense to 20 points is more than good enough.

I am a little worried at how much Detroit's front 4 abused the Bears' o-line, though. Even with Vanden Bosch on the sidelines, they just couldn't block ANYBODY out there. Cutler was getting sacked or hurried more often than not on passing plays - the offensive line was playing matador up front. Detroit has a good d-line, but they're not THAT good, especially with KVB out of the picture.

The really worrisome thing was that the pressure was just leaking in from everywhere. It wasn't like one guy was getting beat over and over. I saw basically everybody on the line screw up a block at least once. Also, how many games in a row have we seen Tice chewing the whole group out on the sidelines? I can't remember the last game that didn't have at least one shot of the Bears' o-line getting the riot act from him.

The really worrisome thing was that the pressure was just leaking in from everywhere. It wasn't like one guy was getting beat over and over. I saw basically everybody on the line screw up a block at least once. Also, how many games in a row have we seen Tice chewing the whole group out on the sidelines? I can't remember the last game that didn't have at least one shot of the Bears' o-line getting the riot act from him.

Good. Hopefully Tice's rantings will sinkin to this bunch. Hey, they've got4 more regular season games to "gel", right?