Just think...

jason

Remember the ridiculous Seattle and Washington games in which the Bears or their coaching staff did something completely foolish and cost the game? Each of those games should have been guaranteed wins, but something didn't work.

It's hard to believe that this team could be sitting in the same spot with only one loss.

It's even more difficult to believe that if they had taken care of business with those two games they would probably already have a playoff spot locked up.

I'm a firm believer in the losses were needed. They were the wake-up call I feel. If we cruised through them, maybe we would have not felt any urgency and we lose to the Eagles....

This team is flawed. Those losses show that. However, we do enough well. And sometimes by doing the things we're good at, we can mask the bad. Teams like the Pats and Jets will force us to play very well. We won't get out with wins if we played like we did in Detroit.

They say I'd rather be lucky than good. Well, we're both... I hope that continues!

Remember the ridiculous Seattle and Washington games in which the Bears or their coaching staff did something completely foolish and cost the game? Each of those games should have been guaranteed wins, but something didn't work.

It's hard to believe that this team could be sitting in the same spot with only one loss.

It's even more difficult to believe that if they had taken care of business with those two games they would probably already have a playoff spot locked up.

I'm a firm believer in the losses were needed. They were the wake-up call I feel. If we cruised through them, maybe we would have not felt any urgency and we lose to the Eagles....

Yeah, I have to agree. Those two games made it obvious that the status quo wasn't working on offense, and then the Bears came out of the bye with a completely different gameplan on that side of the ball. I don't think that was a coincidence.

Regardless of how it came about, Martz's new conservative playbook has made the Bears a WAY tougher team to beat. Going into the bye week, the offense had only passed the 20-point mark in 2 out of 7 games, and they were only averaging 18 points a game. And that's including the game against Carolina, where they scrapped the air show and ended up scoring 23 points. If you take that game out and just look at the ones where they tried to be the Greatest Show on Turf, they were averaging just 17 points and they'd only broken 20 one time, against an imploding Cowboys team.

So they go conservative on offense during the bye week, and since then Chicago's scored over 20 points in every game BUT one, and their average score is up to 24 points from 17-18. I don't think they'd be doing nearly that well if they'd stuck with the status quo.

If they'd beaten the Redskins and Seahawks, they'd have gone into the bye 6-1 on a three-game winning streak. If that happens, I'm betting that they don't change the offense during that bye week. And if they were still airing it out and averaging 17 points a week, we would probably have lost to Philly, Detroit and Buffalo. Without those two losses as a wake-up call, the Bears could easily be 8-4 instead of 9-3 and they'd be on a two-game skid instead of a five-game streak.

I was just thinking the same thing. If we played the way we are playing now all season we actually might be undefeated. People forget that we were still in that Giants game despite the 10 sacks. If Cutler had played in the 2nd half who knows what would have happened. But that's just how the NFL is, you have to make adjustments and the Bears did after the bye. Running the ball is making it alot easier for Cutler and with the way Martz is calling his passing plays it fits Cutler so well. He flourished in the Shanahan offense throwing short quick passes and that's what he is doing now.

We are who we thought we were!!! Were 9-3 and deserve to be 9-3. We lost some we should have won and quite frankly stole a few we should have lost.

Let this coaching staff tighten the screws and put it to the Patsies. The staff has made adjustments they should have. Every week adjustments need to happen.

I'm not a stock holder of the "what if" brand of life. What if worms had machine guns? Birds wouldn't f*ck with them!!!