Finally

Guest TerraTor

That is an understatement. So much for the so called bend and don't break Bull$^*! that they all keep talking about. This shows how lucky we are to be 9-3 going into this game. Granted I thought it would be a tough game however, did not expect to be blown out so damn easily in our own house by a team that we could play if the defense showed up and we had all the personal they all claim we do. This is a pathetic showing or it just re-affirms how weak the NFC to the AFC really is.

That is an understatement. So much for the so called bend and don't break Bull$^*! that they all keep talking about. This shows how lucky we are to be 9-3 going into this game. Granted I thought it would be a tough game however, did not expect to be blown out so damn easily in our own house by a team that we could play if the defense showed up and we had all the personal they all claim we do. This is a pathetic showing or it just re-affirms how weak the NFC to the AFC really is.

Usually the Bears special teams plays better than this.

The problem with the usual Bears bend but don't break and force turnovers defense is...the Bears have been beating teams by generating pass rush and forcing teams into the short passing game with turnovers or penalties...and that's exactly the game the Patriots want to play. They know they're not going to turn the ball over a lot, they're too good with the hands team, with Brady, and with the run after the catch. The Bears beat teams by forcing them to play like the Patriots. The Patriots are great at winning games by playing like the Patriots.

The problem with the usual Bears bend but don't break and force turnovers defense is...the Bears have been beating teams by generating pass rush and forcing teams into the short passing game with turnovers or penalties...and that's exactly the game the Patriots want to play. They know they're not going to turn the ball over a lot, they're too good with the hands team, with Brady, and with the run after the catch. The Bears beat teams by forcing them to play like the Patriots. The Patriots are great at winning games by playing like the Patriots.

Which is precisely why good coaches would have made pre-game adjustments all week to shock the Patriots as best as possible, rather than simply accepting that slow death was inevitable.

What I've been saying for several weeks now. Smoke and mirrors. This team should probably be 6-6 or worse.

We all knew how bad our offense was but this game solidifies what many of us worried, that our defense is actually pretty awful. No adjustments made all game by the coaching staff, Brady had two years to throw and kept throwing those short passes to Welker that we decided to give up. Teams with an elite quarterback will pick us apart in the playoffs. The snow sucked for us today. I feel like we would have given them a more competitive game if the conditions weren't so bad. The weather realllly limited our offense.

Really the 2nd piss poor performance by the D for all intents and purposes....

We all knew how bad our offense was but this game solidifies what many of us worried, that our defense is actually pretty awful. No adjustments made all game by the coaching staff, Brady had two years to throw and kept throwing those short passes to Welker that we decided to give up. Teams with an elite quarterback will pick us apart in the playoffs. The snow sucked for us today. I feel like we would have given them a more competitive game if the conditions weren't so bad. The weather realllly limited our offense.

Ding, ding, ding. On the nose.

Peace :dabears

Before we all jump ship, we got our ass kicked by the better team. We know what the weakness of our team is and so did NE. NE's staff out coached ours, they outplayed us, their GM outdrafted us. NE, as stated earlier in this thread, is in a different league as us. Yes I am disappointed in the loss and how our Defense played and how our offense performed, but this is one game. I am drinking the Kool-Aid and am not putting it down because we got drug yesterday. Basically no harm, no foul yesterday with GB losing a Divsion/Conference game. Yes we lost but didn't lose any ground. I hate losing but maybe we got a little content with our recent winning streak...no matter how we were winning.

It's time for this staff and team to refocus and gear up for Minnesota...where ever that me be played. Not one of us expected us to win out the final four games. I still have faith that we will go far. After we got our asses kicked by Seattle and Washington, we were ready to hold a public hanging for Lovie and crew, then what did they do? They made the necessary adjustments to give us the chance to make plays and that led to 5 W's.

Have faith guys, I like our chances still. Look what we have coming up, the Vikings who don't know who their QB will be or where they will play, a Jets team that has struggled on offense and not scored a TD in the last 8 quarters, and a GB team whose QB has had 2 concussions this season and is known to take a beating.

We still have essentially, a 2 game lead over Green Bay with 3 to go. Like I said, I like our chances.

So in that you mean to say that Eric Mangini is "good coach"?

This is why they "play the game".

No, in that I mean to say that Lovie Smith and Marinelli are not good coaches. They win STRICTLY because of talent, and rarely have players overachieve. What's more, they simply keep running the same scheme, same plan, no matter how bad the team is getting bent over.

As far as I'm concerned, it's better to try something new to stop damages and subsequently fail, than it is to watch the leak in the dam slowly drown the entire team.

Before we all jump ship, we got our ass kicked by the better team. We know what the weakness of our team is and so did NE. NE's staff out coached ours, they outplayed us, their GM outdrafted us. NE, as stated earlier in this thread, is in a different league as us. Yes I am disappointed in the loss and how our Defense played and how our offense performed, but this is one game. I am drinking the Kool-Aid and am not putting it down because we got drug yesterday. Basically no harm, no foul yesterday with GB losing a Divsion/Conference game. Yes we lost but didn't lose any ground. I hate losing but maybe we got a little content with our recent winning streak...no matter how we were winning.

It's time for this staff and team to refocus and gear up for Minnesota...where ever that me be played. Not one of us expected us to win out the final four games. I still have faith that we will go far. After we got our asses kicked by Seattle and Washington, we were ready to hold a public hanging for Lovie and crew, then what did they do? They made the necessary adjustments to give us the chance to make plays and that led to 5 W's.

Have faith guys, I like our chances still. Look what we have coming up, the Vikings who don't know who their QB will be or where they will play, a Jets team that has struggled on offense and not scored a TD in the last 8 quarters, and a GB team whose QB has had 2 concussions this season and is known to take a beating.

We still have essentially, a 2 game lead over Green Bay with 3 to go. Like I said, I like our chances.

Completely agree. Our defensive weakness, is their offensive strength it's a matchup made in hell if we go into it and don't acknowledge that fact which we clearly didn't. We looked lost both in coaching and on the field. It really became a game where we could do no right and they could do no wrong. I know I went a little far on the game thread yesterday but I was more frustrated with our team and coaches than anything. The Bears looked and played like a student who didn't study or pay attention and is surprised by the midterm exam like it were a pop quiz. The team wasn't prepared, didn't game plan, didn't execute. I hate losing especially the way they got beat. If the Bears were beginning to believe they were good to great or getting satisfied this should be a slap in the face to wake them up to the reality that the Patriots are on a completely different level in all areas of that franchise.

Is it time to slap the Titanic label on the Bears and this season. no it's not. GB lost yesterday, and will play these same patriots next week at NE likely without Rodgers though Flynn did play well for a guy who hadn't had much of any reps. This loss also was not a conference loss, the next three games however are conference games and two of them being division games. We haven't lost ground to GB in our division. Blow outs happen we were out classed and out played it was a miserable game to watch but it was "a" game and I don't care if Minny has to play the game in the street against us with whoever they chose at QB we need to prepare for them like they are a team who has their act together and is playing their best ball. they have played better as a team since chilly got canned. Having our arses handed to us yesterday should teach us to never be complacent. It should also show us that we may need to alter our scheme defensively based on the opponent rather than just trust in perfect execution. What this scheme gives up is NE's bread and butter and they are not a team that typically will make mistakes on long drives the way to play NE would have been to give them a different look. We need to have a strong showing against the Vikings that will tell a lot about where the Bears are mentally and as a team and coaching staff. The Jets took virtually the same beating we did and they didn't bounce back well the next week. If the Bears bounce back and have a strong showing then that will be a good sign. if we struggle to win or lose next week then the odds are we'll play ourselves out of the playoffs.

I still think we can make the playoffs and make some noise in the playoffs. How far we get I don't know but even if we were to make it to the superbowl the way things are going we'd face NE and talk about a role reversal from the 85 superbowl. I think we can hang on to the #2 seed and possibly win one playoff game but lose in the NFC Championship game should we reach that point. If we get in as a wild card team then I don't think we make it as far. Hard to say though, once you are in the playoffs anything can happen. If the Bears expect to go deep then they need to win at min 2 of the next 3 if not all three. All three teams are beatable and so are the Bears so these next 3 weeks will be critical (understatment I know). The Bears are still in control of their own destiny for the most part. Stay ahead of the packers and we are in and either host a wildcard game or host a divisional game with the bye week. The goal should be to win out and hopefully get that first round bye and use that to get everyone on the same page.

Dang it '74!

I was ready to hold the pink slip party and you had to go and settle me down!

Good post.

For me, it spelled out what so many have been saying...that we're not in their league. And it's all the faults that we've been seeing throughout the season. Poor WR play, poor QB decisions, poor running, bad secondary, not enough defensive pressure and super horrible OL play. Sometimes, these elements either have a good a good game or are masked by something else. The Pat's exposed them all at once. They litereally put a clinic on us. It was EA Madden! Even the last ditch bomb at the end of the half was pure Madden-play!

The team seems to realize they got a solid beat down. Now, what do they do about it? They didn't heed the warning last week after escaping the Lions, so now they have to deal with it. These next 3 games will show what this team is made of. They are all winable games now. All losable as well.

It was sad that we really didn't even compete with them. Or I'd have a little more to look forward to like what the Giants did when they barely lost to them, and then beat them in the SB. We have too much ground to make up I feel. But, if we can get some OL help next year (Mankins?, draft, etc.) and maybe a little help at FB, and the secondary...we could make a legit run.

Stranger things have happened, but right now we just don't look up to par.

Dang it '74!

I was ready to hold the pink slip party and you had to go and settle me down!

Good post.

For me, it spelled out what so many have been saying...that we're not in their league. And it's all the faults that we've been seeing throughout the season. Poor WR play, poor QB decisions, poor running, bad secondary, not enough defensive pressure and super horrible OL play. Sometimes, these elements either have a good a good game or are masked by something else. The Pat's exposed them all at once. They litereally put a clinic on us. It was EA Madden! Even the last ditch bomb at the end of the half was pure Madden-play!

The team seems to realize they got a solid beat down. Now, what do they do about it? They didn't heed the warning last week after escaping the Lions, so now they have to deal with it. These next 3 games will show what this team is made of. They are all winable games now. All losable as well.

It was sad that we really didn't even compete with them. Or I'd have a little more to look forward to like what the Giants did when they barely lost to them, and then beat them in the SB. We have too much ground to make up I feel. But, if we can get some OL help next year (Mankins?, draft, etc.) and maybe a little help at FB, and the secondary...we could make a legit run.

Stranger things have happened, but right now we just don't look up to par.

Glad your off the ledge, Lith. LOL

All of you crybabies can piss off. Pretty pathetic how you pretty much sit around rooting for the team to fail. We get our asses kicked by the best team in the league in conditions where no team is better than them.

On top of it, we had horrible turnovers (fumble by Knox) which really burried us and we failed on opportunities early in the game to stop the Patriots. Once we fell behind big time we were screwed.

All of you crybabies can piss off. Pretty pathetic how you pretty much sit around rooting for the team to fail. We get our asses kicked by the best team in the league in conditions where no team is better than them.

On top of it, we had horrible turnovers (fumble by Knox) which really burried us and we failed on opportunities early in the game to stop the Patriots. Once we fell behind big time we were screwed.

I know, right. So I pictures some of these dudes getting more and more pissed off with each win and then we lose and FINALLY I CAN SAY I TOLD YOU SO!!!!

Frikin pathetic.

that's funny you should mention Madden because that's what it looked like in the first half. I was hoping we could beat or at least compete but we deserved to lose the way we did. We do need to get better this coming off-season if we want to compete with the likes of the Pats. They are an elite team in the NFL. My thoughts before the season was that the AFC is stronger than the NFC. I think the Pats are head and shoulders above either conference so who ever from the NFC makes it to the SB will face the Pats most likely.

It did, didn't it!?

Stange things can still happen this year...

We can eek in, win through...Brady gets hit by a bus and breaks his leg, and we play the Pats in the SB and win. Odds are we lose somewhere in the playoffs. But, this season told us is we're better than most predicted (including myself), but we're not yet there. A good off-season with hopefully a new and better GM could get us over the hump and give it a solid 2-3 year run before losing some defensive stars to age,etc...

that's funny you should mention Madden because that's what it looked like in the first half. I was hoping we could beat or at least compete but we deserved to lose the way we did. We do need to get better this coming off-season if we want to compete with the likes of the Pats. They are an elite team in the NFL. My thoughts before the season was that the AFC is stronger than the NFC. I think the Pats are head and shoulders above either conference so who ever from the NFC makes it to the SB will face the Pats most likely.

Likewise, bub. Try taking off your rose-colored glasses before telling people to piss off.

When there is a fire, you take care of it while it's manageable. You don't wait until there are 50ft flames bursting through the roof.

It's not JUST that the Bears got their asses handed to them by the best team in the league. It's that the Patriots did EXACTLY what everyone expected them to do, and the coaches changed nothing. Meanwhile, the opportunities the players did have they screwed up...not that there were many real opportunities to excel.

Maybe you're just content with mediocrity and slipping into the playoffs only to get trounced. I'm not. It irritates me beyond belief to see a team make the same mistakes over and over again. Einstein said it best: Instanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Wait, so you're a Jerry Angelo fan now...you're telling me that the Bears have bad coaches but they're overloaded with talent from successful drafts, trades, and FA acquisitions?

Nope. You're putting words in my mouth.

They can win on talent without being overly talented. All it takes is one or two of the studs that the Bears do have to perform well enough to overcome inept coaching.

BTW - I'm neither a JA lover or hater. I think he's average because he does some things well and some very poorly.

Completely agree. Our defensive weakness, is their offensive strength it's a matchup made in hell if we go into it and don't acknowledge that fact which we clearly didn't. We looked lost both in coaching and on the field. It really became a game where we could do no right and they could do no wrong. I know I went a little far on the game thread yesterday but I was more frustrated with our team and coaches than anything. The Bears looked and played like a student who didn't study or pay attention and is surprised by the midterm exam like it were a pop quiz. The team wasn't prepared, didn't game plan, didn't execute. I hate losing especially the way they got beat. If the Bears were beginning to believe they were good to great or getting satisfied this should be a slap in the face to wake them up to the reality that the Patriots are on a completely different level in all areas of that franchise.

Is it time to slap the Titanic label on the Bears and this season. no it's not. GB lost yesterday, and will play these same patriots next week at NE likely without Rodgers though Flynn did play well for a guy who hadn't had much of any reps. This loss also was not a conference loss, the next three games however are conference games and two of them being division games. We haven't lost ground to GB in our division. Blow outs happen we were out classed and out played it was a miserable game to watch but it was "a" game and I don't care if Minny has to play the game in the street against us with whoever they chose at QB we need to prepare for them like they are a team who has their act together and is playing their best ball. they have played better as a team since chilly got canned. Having our arses handed to us yesterday should teach us to never be complacent. It should also show us that we may need to alter our scheme defensively based on the opponent rather than just trust in perfect execution. What this scheme gives up is NE's bread and butter and they are not a team that typically will make mistakes on long drives the way to play NE would have been to give them a different look. We need to have a strong showing against the Vikings that will tell a lot about where the Bears are mentally and as a team and coaching staff. The Jets took virtually the same beating we did and they didn't bounce back well the next week. If the Bears bounce back and have a strong showing then that will be a good sign. if we struggle to win or lose next week then the odds are we'll play ourselves out of the playoffs.

I still think we can make the playoffs and make some noise in the playoffs. How far we get I don't know but even if we were to make it to the superbowl the way things are going we'd face NE and talk about a role reversal from the 85 superbowl. I think we can hang on to the #2 seed and possibly win one playoff game but lose in the NFC Championship game should we reach that point. If we get in as a wild card team then I don't think we make it as far. Hard to say though, once you are in the playoffs anything can happen. If the Bears expect to go deep then they need to win at min 2 of the next 3 if not all three. All three teams are beatable and so are the Bears so these next 3 weeks will be critical (understatment I know). The Bears are still in control of their own destiny for the most part. Stay ahead of the packers and we are in and either host a wildcard game or host a divisional game with the bye week. The goal should be to win out and hopefully get that first round bye and use that to get everyone on the same page.

Very good post. A bit optimistic, but nonetheless very good. I just wish that JA, Lovie, and crew would put a couple more life preservers on deck just in case it is the Titanic. Lord knows the Bears needed something else to avoid the iceberg that hit against New England.