Noots' Notes Game 13: 36-7 Loss to New England

Noots

The Patriots would beat this team 10 out of 10 times.

Peace :dabears

Sorry Connor but as much as I "usually" agree with you I can't believe that 10 out of 10 times would be totally accurate. I would have to believe that perhaps 2 out of 10 or even 3 times these Bears could do it. The team is not as bad as a lot are making them out to be and a few here will believe, especially after a loss like this. We know that the "D" is running near the top right now. We know that Cutler is capable of being a very good QB. Yesterday he played pretty well, when he had the chance. Admittedly he made some Cutleresque mistakes but they were later more later in the game. The Pats played keep away for much of the first half and the "O" was not able to do a whole lot. As Noots pointed out and was evident in the game, the Bears were still "contending" in the 3rd quarter until Jay threw that Int into the endzone. Had he not? We'd be possibly talking a different tune. I predicted that the Bears would go 1-1 with the Pats and Jets games. I still feel that way although of the two I thought the BEars could beat the Pats. But at this point I think they will beat the Jets instead. The Jets are not as organized as this team and it will be more of a low scoring duke it out style of game. Exactly the type of game the Bears are built for.

So going back to my original point I still think if this game is played 10 times, I don't actually believe they (Pats) would win all 10 times.

Sorry Connor but as much as I "usually" agree with you I can't believe that 10 out of 10 times would be totally accurate. I would have to believe that perhaps 2 out of 10 or even 3 times these Bears could do it. The team is not as bad as a lot are making them out to be and a few here will believe, especially after a loss like this. We know that the "D" is running near the top right now. We know that Cutler is capable of being a very good QB. Yesterday he played pretty well, when he had the chance. Admittedly he made some Cutleresque mistakes but they were later more later in the game. The Pats played keep away for much of the first half and the "O" was not able to do a whole lot. As Noots pointed out and was evident in the game, the Bears were still "contending" in the 3rd quarter until Jay threw that Int into the endzone. Had he not? We'd be possibly talking a different tune. I predicted that the Bears would go 1-1 with the Pats and Jets games. I still feel that way although of the two I thought the BEars could beat the Pats. But at this point I think they will beat the Jets instead. The Jets are not as organized as this team and it will be more of a low scoring duke it out style of game. Exactly the type of game the Bears are built for.

So going back to my original point I still think if this game is played 10 times, I don't actually believe they (Pats) would win all 10 times.

I COMPLETELY disagree with the notion the Bears were still contending in the 3rd quarter. That's ridiculous. The score was not indicative of how much ass whoopin' was being dished out, and at no time after half were the Bears contending. It matters little whether or not Cutler threw those picks; the game was over already. Now, were they bad picks that if not thrown could have allowed for points? Absolutely. But let's not make the mistake of thinking that if they had scored there was a significant chance of winning. Throwing punches while you're on lying prostrate and getting kicked by multiple people may be fighting back, but it's nonetheless pointless.

I COMPLETELY disagree with the notion the Bears were still contending in the 3rd quarter. That's ridiculous. The score was not indicative of how much ass whoopin' was being dished out, and at no time after half were the Bears contending. It matters little whether or not Cutler threw those picks; the game was over already. Now, were they bad picks that if not thrown could have allowed for points? Absolutely. But let's not make the mistake of thinking that if they had scored there was a significant chance of winning. Throwing punches while you're on lying prostrate and getting kicked by multiple people may be fighting back, but it's nonetheless pointless.

Sorry. We're gonna have to agree to disagree. What was the score at half? 29-0 or 29-7? Whats to say that the Bears couldn't have put up 29 in the second half? The point is the team didn't quit. They collectively kept trying. I didn't see players stopping short or other indicators the game was "done by halftime". When was Pepper's sack? Where were the Bears when Cutler threw one of his ints? They were driving for a score. Players were playing, despite the odds.

I can tell you firsthand that lying "prostrate" and fighting back ups your odds of winning rather than lying there and giving up. So again, we will have to disagree.

The original point being countered was that whether the Bears would lose 10 out of 10 games against the Pats. Don't think they would.

Honestly though, this game should have been alot closer than what it was if you think about it. If you take the BS Knox fumble call away that was never a fumble in the first place (He was down) and if the special teams played like they usually do that's what? 10-14 points taken away from the Pats? Not only that but Cutler had some awful interceptions that could have resulted in touchdowns. We should have scored 21 points atleast in that game and if you take away those plays I was talking about for the Pats it's a 21-26 game or 21-22 game. I didn't even mention the TD at the end of the half that should have never happened but if you really think about it, the Bears were beaten on about 3 or 4 plays in this game that if had went the other way, this game would have been alot closer. We just didn't make the plays that we did against the Eagles. We should have picked Brady off 3 times in this game. 2 of the 3 picks landed right in our hands but we couldn't hold on..

The game was over at halftime - 33-0.

We will have to agree to disagree. IMHO the Pats are playing at a different level than the Bears. The only way we would have a chance is if Brady got hurt.

You're right Connor...

I was hoping we'd at least put a few good licks on Tom Terrific...but we didn't get jack for pressure.

Hopefully we can learn from this debacle...

The game was over at halftime - 33-0.

We will have to agree to disagree. IMHO the Pats are playing at a different level than the Bears. The only way we would have a chance is if Brady got hurt.