F this @$$hole and his record!

madlithuanian

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...-end-of-streak/

Favre tries to profit from end of streak

Posted by Mike Florio on December 13, 2010, 7:30 PM EST

Apparently, a salary of $16 million for 2010 isn’t enough.

Not long after Vikings quarterback Brett Favre was placed on the inactive list for Monday night’s game against the Giants, Favre’s official web site began selling a signed football commemorating his 297-game streak of starts.

For the low, low price of $499.99.

“One of the most historic streaks ever in all of sports has come to an end,” the message reads on Favre’s site. “The NFL’s own Ironman Brett Favre has ended his consecutive starting game streak at 297. Chances are if your under 40 you don’t remember a time in the NFL with out Brett Favre playing on Sunday. This is a monumental feat especially at the quarterback position. Just consider since 1992 the Chicago Bears have watched over 20 QB’s start for their team; and the average career length in the NFL is less than four years.”

The signed ball will include the inscription “297 starts 1992-2010.”

Surely, there has to be a better way to spend $499.99.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...-end-of-streak/

“One of the most historic streaks ever in all of sports has come to an end,” the message reads on Favre’s site. “The NFL’s own Ironman Brett Favre has ended his consecutive starting game streak at 297. Chances are if your under 40 you don’t remember a time in the NFL with out Brett Favre playing on Sunday. This is a monumental feat especially at the quarterback position. Just consider since 1992 the Chicago Bears have watched over 20 QB’s start for their team; and the average career length in the NFL is less than four years.”

NO!

I'm under 40 & remember a time when Favre didn't start.

Whatever ya think about the joke Favre has become that is a very impressive streak & while Manning has the best shot of breaking it he needs an awful lot of luck to do it. I think it stands for a long time

NO!

I'm under 40 & remember a time when Favre didn't start.

Whatever ya think about the joke Favre has become that is a very impressive streak & while Manning has the best shot of breaking it he needs an awful lot of luck to do it. I think it stands for a long time

I think and hope it stands for about 6 more years!!!

Finally, something we all mostly agree on.

My thoughts:

1) He is, was, and always has been overrated. If he hadn't built up the media fellatio over the years, they'd be ripping him like they do Cutler for every single forced throw. Instead, "Oh, he's such a gun slinger!" I'd go so far as to say that he's not even one of the top 5 QBs of all time; it's not even worth debating.

2) His flip-flopping with the Packers and the Vikings has created a culture where nobody, except the media, likes him.

3) His consecutive game streak is trumped up like Ripken's was. There were several times he played when he shouldn't have, and his team suffered as a result. Besides, Jim Marshall's streak is MUCH more impressive.

4) Chris Berman and John Madden are both in dark closets crying inconsolably into their autographed Farv jerseys.

5) I've always hated him, and it's amazing how easily everyone overlooks the various negative things that he has done (i.e. vicodin, sending photos of his junk to Jenn Sterger not long after his wife battled cancer, lying down on purpose to give Strahan the sack record...)

Good riddance.

Would somebody get rid of him permanently and educate the media so we do not have to endure this crap any longer. I agree with Mad Lith, Hey Bret, Don't Let The Door Hit You On Your Ass On The Way Out and good riddance. I have to admit when he retired from the Cheese Heads I did buy his book and even more so now I regret that decision. The NFL will be far better off without this joke of an individual.

1. Agreed 100%!!!! One SB, one loss in a SB...amny playoofs...but too many mistakes along the way. The volume is impressive...but the results aren't.

2. Agreed again...

3. And again... Marshall's is ridiculous.

4. There's probably a few other media guys in that closet...

5. Man, scary how we're 100% on Britfar....

My thoughts:

1) He is, was, and always has been overrated. If he hadn't built up the media fellatio over the years, they'd be ripping him like they do Cutler for every single forced throw. Instead, "Oh, he's such a gun slinger!" I'd go so far as to say that he's not even one of the top 5 QBs of all time; it's not even worth debating.

2) His flip-flopping with the Packers and the Vikings has created a culture where nobody, except the media, likes him.

3) His consecutive game streak is trumped up like Ripken's was. There were several times he played when he shouldn't have, and his team suffered as a result. Besides, Jim Marshall's streak is MUCH more impressive.

4) Chris Berman and John Madden are both in dark closets crying inconsolably into their autographed Farv jerseys.

5) I've always hated him, and it's amazing how easily everyone overlooks the various negative things that he has done (i.e. vicodin, sending photos of his junk to Jenn Sterger not long after his wife battled cancer, lying down on purpose to give Strahan the sack record...)

Good riddance.

Exactly!!!

You know...it's the one time when book burning is truly acceptable...

I have the Walter book and it had a forward from him that I tore out and Sharpied so you can't see he is on it. How dare they get him to srite Walter's forward. I'd rather have Trent Dilfer write the intro...

Would somebody get rid of him permanently and educate the media so we do not have to endure this crap any longer. I agree with Mad Lith, Hey Bret, Don't Let The Door Hit You On Your Ass On The Way Out and good riddance. I have to admit when he retired from the Cheese Heads I did buy his book and even more so now I regret that decision. The NFL will be far better off without this joke of an individual.

My thoughts:

Good riddance.

Hell, I think Madden retired because he was heartbroken over his boy Favre.

You forgot a few:

Favre lost last year's playoff game for the Vikings. It was his fault. All he had to do was run for a few yards and they're in the Superbowl. God bless him for that but it's a black mark on his record.

On the Vicodin addiction, he had an episode in front of his kids that led to one of them asking "Mommy, is daddy dying?"

The hot tub incident where Chewy was accused of rape, many believe Favre was there. I'm not sure about this but they were best buddies and Chewy was completely thrown under the bus by Favre shortly thereafter. Chewy was found not guilty. Regardless, he was certainly guilty of terrible judgment. From what I understand, this party was tame by Favre/Chewy standards.

Javon Walker was in the middle of a beef with the Packers over salary. Favre inserted himself telling Javon to give in and play out his contract. As fans we can do this but as a fellow player he should've shut up. Particularly with how selfish this guy has been about money his whole career. Javon reported and was injured early in that season, never making the money he would've had he continued to hold out and get a new deal.

I've talked to a number of people who live in Appleton and the area around it. Jenn Sterger is FAR from the first affair Brett has had. This guy has been a coos-hound his whole life. That's all well and good with me until you get married.

Over the years I've noticed an annoying habit he has. After every pick he's ever thrown, the guy starts rubbing something on his body, basically blaming some sort of imagined injury for the pick.

Lastly, his bullshit streak has stunted the potential growth of several other QB's along the way and Favre has made it very well known he doesn't believe it's his job to help any young QB develop.

In short, he's a tool and he hasn't been effective against the Bears basically since Lovie arrived so this isn't just sour grapes on my part. I see him for what he really is and a buddy of mine who roots for the Vikings hates him even more than I do. The Packers gladly sent him on his way because they knew Rodgers was going to have his growth stunted if Favre hung around another season.

Thanks for posting all that! I enjoyed reading about his many faults!

Hell, I think Madden retired because he was heartbroken over his boy Favre.

You forgot a few:

Favre lost last year's playoff game for the Vikings. It was his fault. All he had to do was run for a few yards and they're in the Superbowl. God bless him for that but it's a black mark on his record.

On the Vicodin addiction, he had an episode in front of his kids that led to one of them asking "Mommy, is daddy dying?"

The hot tub incident where Chewy was accused of rape, many believe Favre was there. I'm not sure about this but they were best buddies and Chewy was completely thrown under the bus by Favre shortly thereafter. Chewy was found not guilty. Regardless, he was certainly guilty of terrible judgment. From what I understand, this party was tame by Favre/Chewy standards.

Javon Walker was in the middle of a beef with the Packers over salary. Favre inserted himself telling Javon to give in and play out his contract. As fans we can do this but as a fellow player he should've shut up. Particularly with how selfish this guy has been about money his whole career. Javon reported and was injured early in that season, never making the money he would've had he continued to hold out and get a new deal.

I've talked to a number of people who live in Appleton and the area around it. Jenn Sterger is FAR from the first affair Brett has had. This guy has been a coos-hound his whole life. That's all well and good with me until you get married.

Over the years I've noticed an annoying habit he has. After every pick he's ever thrown, the guy starts rubbing something on his body, basically blaming some sort of imagined injury for the pick.

Lastly, his bullshit streak has stunted the potential growth of several other QB's along the way and Favre has made it very well known he doesn't believe it's his job to help any young QB develop.

In short, he's a tool and he hasn't been effective against the Bears basically since Lovie arrived so this isn't just sour grapes on my part. I see him for what he really is and a buddy of mine who roots for the Vikings hates him even more than I do. The Packers gladly sent him on his way because they knew Rodgers was going to have his growth stunted if Favre hung around another season.