Playing outside again, on Monday

madlithuanian

Report: Bears-Vikings heading outdoors

Posted by Mike Florio on December 14, 2010, 8:25 PM EST

Though Bud Grant may not be coming out of retirement, tolerating the bone-chilling cold like an animal who has white hair not just on his head but all over his body, the Vikings will play a home game outdoors for the first time since December 20, 1981. (They lost to the Chiefs that day, 10-6, at the old Metropolitan Stadium.)

Cory Roufs of 1500ESPN.com reports that the Vikings are moving forward with plans to host the Bears at TCF Bank Stadium, the home of the University of Minnesota Golden Gophers.

Per Roufs, the roof at the Metrodome can’t be repaired by Monday, which would be only eight days after it collapsed under the weight of a snowstorm that originally delayed the Giants-Vikings game to Monday night. The collapse, in the event you’ve been trapped inside the Metrodome since Sunday, was played at Ford Field.

Roufs reports that the decision has been made not to try to repair the Metrodome before Monday’s game between the Bears and the Vikings.

Come on, Cutler's INT's were down 29. He was just trying to make something happen. Maybe Knox can have his balls rubbed down.

Well I'll make lemonaide out of these lemons! Had sweet tickets for the dome 35 yd line, 20 rows up behind the Bears. Now gonna freeze my arse off and I have no idea where are seats are??? grrrr

Come on, Cutler's INT's were down 29. He was just trying to make something happen. Maybe Knox can have his balls rubbed down.

Well I make lemonaide out of these lemons! Had sweet tickets for the dome 35 yd line, 20 rows up behind the Bears. Now gonna freeze my arse off, I have no idea where are seats are???, and it's a college stadium = no alcohol! grrrr