Game location on Monday still in limbo?

madlithuanian

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...e-to-host-game/

Vikings hint that TCF Bank Stadium may not be able to host game

Posted by Mike Florio on December 15, 2010, 5:06 PM EST

With the Metrodome ruled out for Monday, TCF Bank Stadium officially looks to be questionable.

In a carefully-crafted statement, the Vikings have made it clear that the regular-season home finale against the Bears may not be played in the team’s current home state.

“NFL officials are touring TCF Bank Stadium to ensure its safety for our fans and its ability to meet the primary technical requirements for an NFL game,” the statement reads. “Ultimately the decision to relocate a game is the league’s in consultation with the two teams. The NFL supports the plan to play Monday night’s game at TCF Bank Stadium but is currently ensuring viability of this plan.”

In other words, “Don’t assume the game will be played at TCF Bank Stadium. And if it’s not, don’t blame it on us.”

Toub, C. Harris, Melton, Gould, and Cutler keep b****ing over where it's at. I don't hear the Vikings complaining. Just f***ing win. Yes, I'm aware as to how hard it is to run on ice in cleats and I know how dangerous it is. But, I don't care if it's played in a desert. Just win. It's the Vikings with Joe Webb under center.

Toub, C. Harris, Melton, Gould, and Cutler keep b****ing over where it's at. I don't hear the Vikings complaining. Just f***ing win. Yes, I'm aware as to how hard it is to run on ice in cleats and I know how dangerous it is. But, I don't care if it's played in a desert. Just win. It's the Vikings with Joe Webb under center.

The Vikes were also complaining. Both sides were saying, basically, that they were only employees and they'd play where the NFLtold them to. I particularly liked Cutler's "we'd play in a parking lot" line.

The Vikes were also complaining. Both sides were saying, basically, that they were only employees and they'd play where the NFLtold them to. I particularly liked Cutler's "we'd play in a parking lot" line.

I personally think they are going to come out fired up like you wouldn't believe. They have some Nay-Sayers to shut up!!!

I personally think they are going to come out fired up like you wouldn't believe. They have some Nay-Sayers to shut up!!!

I hope you are right, if the Bears give MAX effort in this game, with a Rookie 6th round pick drafted to be converted to a WR and switched to QB, there is no reason why we should not come away with half a dozen turnovers and a lopsided victory. I mean, for ???'s sake, why wouldn't they be fired up? They have a chance to clinch the Division when all the experts (and half of this forum) were thinking the Bears would finish 3rd or 4th in the NFCN this year?

I hope you are right, if the Bears give MAX effort in this game, with a Rookie 6th round pick drafted to be converted to a WR and switched to QB, there is no reason why we should not come away with half a dozen turnovers and a lopsided victory. I mean, for ???'s sake, why wouldn't they be fired up? They have a chance to clinch the Division when all the experts (and half of this forum) were thinking the Bears would finish 3rd or 4th in the NFCN this year?

And, I hope they realize that oncethey clinch they can work on getting the rest and preparing for postseason. But AFTER they clinch!

I think a lot of that will depend on if they still have a chance to gain home field advantage for the playoffs. Some seem to think that just becuae the Bears got their asses kicked by NE that we still do not have home field advantage do to the weather here. I would love to see a team like New Orkleans or Atlanta here for the playoffs.

And, I hope they realize that oncethey clinch they can work on getting the rest and preparing for postseason. But AFTER they clinch!

This field just has me concerned...

If some of our guys gets seriouslyinjured becasue of the frozen field, I'm going to be f'in pissed off at the league...

I think a lot of that will depend on if they still have a chance to gain home field advantage for the playoffs. Some seem to think that just becuae the Bears got their asses kicked by NE that we still do not have home field advantage do to the weather here. I would love to see a team like New Orkleans or Atlanta here for the playoffs.

This field just has me concerned...

If some of our guys gets seriouslyinjured becasue of the frozen field, I'm going to be f'in pissed off at the league...

Check out the live stream of the stadium:

http://www.gophersports.com/mediaPortal/pl...;DB_OEM_ID=8400