Neon Deion thinks Hester is the best return man ever!

madlithuanian

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...man-than-i-was/

Deion Sanders: Devin Hester is a better return man than I was

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 21, 2010, 4:07 PM EST

Deion Sanders was a great football player, and he’s not shy about saying so: When Sanders was named the 34th best player in NFL history, he was furious, saying it was insulting that anyone could think 33 players were better than him.

So it says a lot that Sanders is willing to proclaim Devin Hester a better return man than he was — and the best return man in NFL history.

Sanders tweeted on Monday night that Hester is the greatest returner of all time, and he expanded on those comments in an interview on ESPN 1000 in Chicago.

“I think right now he’s a Hall of Famer,” Sanders said. “He spent a couple years without barely getting the ball kicked to him. I can’t think of a returner ever playing the game with the impact he has. There is none. He’s phenomenal.”

Hester became the NFL’s all-time leader in kick return touchdowns when he brought back a punt 64 yards Monday night in Minnesota. For his career, Hester has 175 punt returns for 2,127 yards and 10 touchdowns, and 112 kickoff returns for 2,684 yards and four touchdowns. Sanders retired with 212 punt returns for 2,199 yards and six touchdowns, and 155 kickoff returns for 3,523 yards and three touchdowns.

and I saw this posted somewhere else but he has only broken the record at this point it took something like 13 seasons for Brian Mitchell to set the record Hester has done it with 2 games remaining in his 5th season. Just think if he keeps going and plays another 5 season he could set the record that will stand for a long long time. This is only his regular season punt and kick returns it doesn't include the one from the super bowl or the FG return. 14 returns for TDs in 5 seasons (two of which he was basically taken completely out of that role so practically 3 seasons worth of return duty. That's insane.

Devin Hester.... You are RIDICULOUS!!!!!

Yeah...Url's tackle stats almost got lost in the mix! Thanks for mentioning it!

He has data and he is right. We have witnessed to two great feats in our team's history this year. Urlacher setting the team record for tackles and now Hester setting the NFL record in returns. Enjoy it.

Keep it up Devin! Cribbs is hot on your trail!

and I saw this posted somewhere else but he has only broken the record at this point it took something like 13 seasons for Brian Mitchell to set the record Hester has done it with 2 games remaining in his 5th season. Just think if he keeps going and plays another 5 season he could set the record that will stand for a long long time. This is only his regular season punt and kick returns it doesn't include the one from the super bowl or the FG return. 14 returns for TDs in 5 seasons (two of which he was basically taken completely out of that role so practically 3 seasons worth of return duty. That's insane.

Devin Hester.... You are RIDICULOUS!!!!!

Keep it up Devin! Cribbs is hot on your trail!

Before this season, it was Hester-11, Cribbs-10. However, Hester has 3 returns this year and Cribbs has 0. Also, Cribbs has 417 career returns to Hester's 287. Hester scores once every 20.5 returns, Cribbs scores every 41.7. Deion scored every 40.7 returns. Devin is in his own league.

Dang...I did not know the numbers. Thanks for posting that! Hester is the man!

Before this season, it was Hester-11, Cribbs-10. However, Hester has 3 returns this year and Cribbs has 0. Also, Cribbs has 417 career returns to Hester's 287. Hester scores once every 20.5 returns, Cribbs scores every 41.7. Deion scored every 40.7 returns. Devin is in his own league.

Nice summary - thanks!!!!

Peace :dabears