Something to ponder about.

Grouchy Bear

First of all Merry Christmas to everyone !

If our Bears continue to win and go into playoffs and play well. ( and who knows the super bowl ) Many teams will look at the bears during this time and just maybe consider they like who we have on our coaching staff. It seems every year winning teams not only lose players but coaches. Martz (head coach ) , Tice ( head coach or Off. cord ) and Toub who deserves to upgraded to DEF. or Off. cord. (somewhere ) job come to mind.

You know all three will jump at the chance if offered. My question is how will this affect our Bears ?

And a wonderful holiday to you ...and everyone here!

I'm sure there will be interest. I wonder how much our coordinators want a HC job. I'm not sure it's a lock. Success has come at one level and certainly not the other. It'll be interesting... Guys like Coslett had it once and never wanted it again I believe.

First of all Merry Christmas to everyone !

If our Bears continue to win and go into playoffs and play well. ( and who knows the super bowl ) Many teams will look at the bears during this time and just maybe consider they like who we have on our coaching staff. It seems every year winning teams not only lose players but coaches. Martz (head coach ) , Tice ( head coach or Off. cord ) and Toub who deserves to upgraded to DEF. or Off. cord. (somewhere ) job come to mind.

You know all three will jump at the chance if offered. My question is how will this affect our Bears ?

Some have commented on this before and I would have to agree that at the very least Martz will more than likely return. Mostly due to his track record and teams knowing this. Historically (while at Stl, SF and Det) the second or concurrent years have not always been as successful. Marinelli will also stick around me thinks especially when noone seems to be able to forget that he was the HC in Detroit during "that 0-16" year. And you have to think that both guys are head coordinators in their repective fields which all told really isn't all that bad.

Of the coaches who could go I could see Tice being lured maybe for an OC job but still that's a long shot. Toub realistically is the one that will be courted the most. Considering the mangement admitted earlier this year if Lovie had been fired Toub would have taken over as HC. And he is just successful in what he does..time and again.

In large part I think the majority of the team will remain as it is.

Happy Holidays in return.

Toub realistically is the one that will be courted the most. Considering the mangement admitted earlier this year if Lovie had been fired Toub would have taken over as HC. And he is just successful in what he does..time and again.

In large part I think the majority of the team will remain as it is.

Happy Holidays in return.

Yep, AG. I'm surprised Taub has been around as long as he has. Hope he stays, but you know there will be some offers out there.

The other thing worth keeping in mind is that every other team is facing the same uncertainty as the Bears are right now...no team wants to go out and hire a guy to be their head coach and have to pay for 2 different head coaches during a single offseason.

It sure seems likely that Minnesota and Dallas will just wind up keeping their interim guys. The Panthers will certainly have a new coach, the 49ers and Bengals are on the list, and the Broncos are already open. If Jeff Fisher is fired, that opens up Tennessee, but I think some other team would suck him up immediately.

It just seems like there's going to be less coaching movement this offseason that we're used to. I could be wrong, but owners spending a couple million to pay 2 coaches with zero revenue just doesn't seem likely

I agree. Because of the uncertainty still out there for next year, I think they'll all return. The last ST teams guy to get a head coaching job was probably Ditka!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

Wasn't John harbaugh baltimore ravens a Phil. special teams coach and toub was his assistant