Noots' Notes Game 15: 38-34 Win over NY Jets

Noots

I've been saying that slowly but surely we're seeing the Oline transition to solid play. This week again shows a continuation of the trend. I know it's not all perfect but running and passing two weeks in a row against solid defenses is an excellent result. Not only that but what did you hear from Jared Allen last week? What about handling all the Jets blitzes? Two different styles to game plan for and both handled with good results. On one of those long TD passes the Jets rushed 6 and still nobody got close to Cutler!

One other thing to note: Our receivers are maturing in their route running. This is the first game I've seen Cutler effectively throw back shoulder passes (deep ones at that) and the WR adjusted to the ball. Hester also made a great adjustment and came back on the ball on a deep pass near the goal line but couldn't hang on. Knox also made a great move to slow down and hold up the DB (I think it was Cromartie) just enough before he pulled forward and reached out for the TD.

Mike Martz: Somewhere in the second quarter he decided we weren't going to be effective keeping everything inside so he spread the field with 5 wides and it totally changed things. Pulling Forte out on routes instead of keeping him on pass protection worked perfectly.

Defense: Did they watch any film of the Jets at all? Can't recall ever seeing them so clueless about what was coming their way.

Tommie Harris is done. I know he burst up the middle on one play but all he does at the snap is stand up and shuffle around aimlessly. The best thing he can do is give Toeaina and Melton, Harrison and/or Adams some rest.

Clearly the Bears are already thinking about the playoffs. Wootton is getting a lot more snaps while Peppers gets less. They clearly want Peppers well rested for the playoffs and hopefully Wootton to improve so he can be more effective. Saw the same concept with Pisa as they worked him back with a few reps.

Can't understand the cover 2 letting guys have free reign right off the line, all game long. It's one thing if your LBs are covering those quick slants but when they are up in the gaps on the Dline it's nothing but a huge hole and easy throw for any QB.