Cutler since the bye

jason

I believe things are starting to really come around in the Mike Martz offense. The last two weeks have looked awesome for Cutler, and his numbers since the break are eye-opening.

Averages:

16/26 (61%), 203yds at 7.8ypa, for 2 TDs and less than 1 INT.

Totals:

129/212, 1623yds, for 16 TDs and 7 INTs.

Oh, and by the way, he quietly went over 3000 yards this past weekend.

One other note...

Before the bye he was getting sacked at an alarming rate of 4.5 sacks per game. After the bye, it's only 2.4 sacks per game.

Call it what you want, but it looks like the guys on the offensive side of the ball are doing some coaching.

I believe things are starting to really come around in the Mike Martz offense. The last two weeks have looked awesome for Cutler, and his numbers since the break are eye-opening.

Averages:

16/26 (61%), 203yds at 7.8ypa, for 2 TDs and less than 1 INT.

Totals:

129/212, 1623yds, for 16 TDs and 7 INTs.

Oh, and by the way, he quietly went over 3000 yards this past weekend.

One other note...

Before the bye he was getting sacked at an alarming rate of 4.5 sacks per game. After the bye, it's only 2.4 sacks per game.

Call it what you want, but it looks like the guys on the offensive side of the ball are doing some coaching.

It has been definitely fun to watch and it's about time we have a respectable offense

Not to dwell on a dark subject but looking back at the New England game. The one thing that was glaring to me was the time of possession during the first half. I don't have the numbers in front of me but they were definitely skewed in favor of NE. The by-product of this was the defense being on the field for a long time. That and the glaring weakness of the Cover 2 (dink and dunking) was how NE not only ate up a lot of clock but also scored most of their points.

Yesterday was an example of how the Offense was able to meet NY score for score; not something that the traditional Bears scheme is made up nor as a fan am I accustomed to see. Is it that Martz' plan is starting to gel and opposing teams are actually more concerned with the O rather than the D? Interesting concept for a team from Chicago.

Not to dwell on a dark subject but looking back at the New England game. The one thing that was glaring to me was the time of possession during the first half. I don't have the numbers in front of me but they were definitely skewed in favor of NE. The by-product of this was the defense being on the field for a long time. That and the glaring weakness of the Cover 2 (dink and dunking) was how NE not only ate up a lot of clock but also scored most of their points.

Yesterday was an example of how the Offense was able to meet NY score for score; not something that the traditional Bears scheme is made up nor as a fan am I accustomed to see. Is it that Martz' plan is starting to gel and opposing teams are actually more concerned with the O rather than the D? Interesting concept for a team from Chicago.

I'd say you hit the nail on the head. With the defense you know what you're getting. It's essentially the coaching strategy of saying, "Here's what we got. We dare you to beat it." The offense, on the other hand, is still relatively unpredictable at times, and capable of more home runs than we've seen this year. Three different Bears' WRs run sub-4.4 forty times (i.e. Hester, Knox, Aromashodu).

All that said, I think opposing teams are worried about the Bears' ST first, O second, D third.