Coach of the Year

CrackerDog

Good thought. The two are tied together. When/If Urlacher retires/leaves, it will come as no surprise when the defense gets worse. [big shock :rolleyes: ] His importance in this scheme was evident in last year's stats.

What a shock, losing one of the best linebackers in the NFL over the past 20 years would make our defense worse.

It seems to happen to the Steelers every 5 years and they always recover...

For Smith, I agree with Jason's assessment, that losing Urlacher is tantamount to Nine Inch Nails losing Trent Reznor... Or at minimum it is a huge concern. And part of that could or should be on JA. We saw for 2 years, square pegs being put in round holes and missed the playoffs. Adaptability is not one of Smith strong suites on D. He seems to be OK with it on O now. Here's hoping he can go more with the flow as we progress...and as he progresses as a HC.

What a shock, losing one of the best linebackers in the NFL over the past 20 years would make our defense worse.

It seems to happen to the Steelers every 5 years and they always recover...

For Smith, I agree with Jason's assessment, that losing Urlacher is tantamount to Nine Inch Nails losing Trent Reznor... Or at minimum it is a huge concern. And part of that could or should be on JA. We saw for 2 years, square pegs being put in round holes and missed the playoffs. Adaptability is not one of Smith strong suites on D. He seems to be OK with it on O now. Here's hoping he can go more with the flow as we progress...and as he progresses as a HC.

Who is the MLB backup, Roach? we better bring in a good candidate soon.

What a shock, you complete misinterpret or misunderstand the purpose of the post because you think you're being snarky and clever.

Missing Urlacher would hurt ANY defense, but missing Urlacher in THIS defense is a much bigger obstacle to overcome.

What a shock, you complete misinterpret or misunderstand the purpose of the post because you think you're being snarky and clever.

Missing Urlacher would hurt ANY defense, but missing Urlacher in THIS defense is a much bigger obstacle to overcome.

I didn't misunderstand anything. We could win the superbowl and you would still complain about the Bears. Its just what you've turned into under this current administration. You've given up on any objectivity as of this point in time and are just going to solely and regularly bash the Bears. They can't do much anything good in your eyes.

That is just my perspective. In no way am I questionion your loyalty to the Bears. I know you, like everyone else on this board bleed navy and orange and that you want nothing more than to win super bowl after super bowl and your goal is for our organization to be the Patriots. And there is nothing wrong with that.

I just tend to have a different view of what is successful and I think by and large this regime has been relatively sucessful and this season has been a sucessful one.