Bears clinch first round Bye

balta1701-A

Regardless, the Bears should go all out in Sunday's game against the Packers. IMO you knock a potential threat out of the playoffs in the Packers because they would be dangerous in the playoffs and scare me because of Aaron Rodgers. You beat the Packers and you eliminate any chance of them doing damage in the postseason.

Agreed.

Regardless, the Bears should go all out in Sunday's game against the Packers. IMO you knock a potential threat out of the playoffs in the Packers because they would be dangerous in the playoffs and scare me because of Aaron Rodgers. You beat the Packers and you eliminate any chance of them doing damage in the postseason.

After tonight's Philadelphia Eagles loss, the Chicago Bears have clinched a first round bye. They still have a shot at the #1 seed should the Falcons lose.

For the 1st seed, it is more than that. We have to have Atlanta and New Orleans both lose and the Bears to win. Atlanta plays Carolina, so I doubt that all plays out.

Either way we are at least the #2 seed which is sweet, and our only two opponents can be PHI or NO unless the West winner somehow wins a playoff game. Otherwise, if Philly wins their WC game, they play us, and if Philly loses, NO plays us. We will not see any of the potential 6th seeds unless it is in the NFC Championship.

1. ATL 2. CHI

3. PHI 4. STL

5. NO 6. GB/TB/NYG

Eh, I'm fine playing Caleb Hanie or whomever. Packers might be dangerous, but if they arent in, than the Giants probably would be in and they are equally as dangerous (I can't forget what they did to the Bears).

Now is the time to ensure that our guys are healthy a couple weeks from now when our post-season starts!!! At that point, the Bears are goign to have to beat good teams to continue to move on. Lets go Bears, surprise me and go deep and maybe even win that Lombardi!!!

Eh, I'm fine playing Caleb Hanie or whomever. Packers might be dangerous, but if they arent in, than the Giants probably would be in and they are equally as dangerous (I can't forget what they did to the Bears).

Now is the time to ensure that our guys are healthy a couple weeks from now when our post-season starts!!! At that point, the Bears are goign to have to beat good teams to continue to move on. Lets go Bears, surprise me and go deep and maybe even win that Lombardi!!!

I'm hoping that the cowboys beat the eagles and the giants win next sunday so that the eagles knock the packers out and take the 6th seed. then have the eagles go to ny and lose so that the g men can com to Chi-town so we can do to them at our place like they did to us at their place! Our offensive line was being shuffled more than a deck of cards on poker night during that point of the season. I think they found the right combination and while not stellar are not the same line they were that week in NY.

Agreed.

I'm leaning toward starters in for a half. We can protect them from injury the second haf and get a little field time for the reserves.

My goodness, it is great going into this game with the hated Puckers in this position, isn't it?!!!

BEAR DOWN!!!!!!

It is the Freakin' Cheese Heads and we need to whip on them no matter what. Yes I understand that we want to keep our team injury free however, my disdain for Cheese Heads will not allow anything less then a total complete victory. If we get up and stay up by a significant margin, then maybe pull the starters to give them a little more rest however, Da Cheese must be melted and put out of their misery and we are just the team to do that to them. BEAR DOWN!!!!!!!

The Giants are not that dangerous. If we played them again we would win pretty handily. Eli Manning is probably the worst quarterback that would be in the playoffs for the NFC and there defense hasn't been all that great in the last few games. We are a much different team than we were back when we played them last and the funny part about that game was that we still had a chance to win it late even with Todd Collins in. The team I fear least in the playoffs potentially is the New York Giants. I do not want to play the Packers 3 times in one season which is why we must defeat them Sunday.

I'd play it like any other game. Teams get rusty sitting around for three weeks and this offense is just starting to gel. Further, players always seem to get hurt more when they aren't going all out. Walter played in attack mode 100% of the time and he always claimed it kept him healthier. I believe it.

Go for the jugular. It's the ferkin' Packers!

Just remember, in 2006, the Bears went into the last week fo the season against the Packers with everything locked up, saying that they were going to play normally, and Grossman had a 0 QB rating in the first half before he was benched. He basically admitted that he was paying more attention to the partying than to the practicing that week.

Just remember, in 2006, the Bears went into the last week fo the season against the Packers with everything locked up, saying that they were going to play normally, and Grossman had a 0 QB rating in the first half before he was benched. He basically admitted that he was paying more attention to the partying than to the practicing that week.

IMdO, Martz should put in some crazy stuff for this game. Perhaps we can surprise them and get an early lead while tinkering a bit with some new stuff. Use this game as a tool for the playoffs.