Favre: Failure to Cooperate

CrackerDog

AKA: Stonewalling

I hope those having HOF votes in the future see this for exactly what it is. Favre is a goddamn liar. What's the difference between what Favre did and what Sosa did during the congressional hearings on steroids when he basically pretended not to be able to speak English? Sosa may never get into the HOF because he's tainted.

I'm not saying Favre deserves to never get in. He didn't take performance enhancing drugs. But this should spoil his bid for getting in on his first ballot, IMO. Integrity of the game is a term tossed around a lot by the Commission. What the HELL is this?

As an aside, $50k is an insult as a fine in this case. Most "regular guys", which Favre pretends to be, lose their jobs over sexual harassment. Imagine if you or I sent pictures of our dicks to a secretary at our company! He should've been suspended until he cooperated with the investigation and if that meant his career ended in October because of this, so be it. If the Commissioner believed he wasn't being completely forthcoming, which he obviously did, he should've acted. He's never been shy about fining lesser known linebackers for helmet to helmet shots on precious quarterbacks but he lost his balls when it came to Favre due to his status.

I hope those having HOF votes in the future see this for exactly what it is. Favre is a goddamn liar. What's the difference between what Favre did and what Sosa did during the congressional hearings on steroids when he basically pretended not to be able to speak English? Sosa may never get into the HOF because he's tainted.

I'm not saying Favre deserves to never get in. He didn't take performance enhancing drugs. But this should spoil his bid for getting in on his first ballot, IMO. Integrity of the game is a term tossed around a lot by the Commission. What the HELL is this?

As an aside, $50k is an insult as a fine in this case. Most "regular guys", which Favre pretends to be, lose their jobs over sexual harassment. Imagine if you or I sent pictures of our dicks to a secretary at our company! He should've been suspended until he cooperated with the investigation and if that meant his career ended in October because of this, so be it. If the Commissioner believed he wasn't being completely forthcoming, which he obviously did, he should've acted. He's never been shy about fining lesser known linebackers for helmet to helmet shots on precious quarterbacks but he lost his balls when it came to Favre due to his status.

Well said. He definitely got this one pushed through the system.

If they'd suspended him without evidence that the texts were actually sent by him, he'd have a legitimate claim that he could challenge in arbitration by claiming that they weren't sent by him.

In this case, I think that a fine for non-cooperation was all they could do. I don't think the commish has the power to suspend for not cooperating in an investigation, correct me if I'm wrong?

No agrument here! Keep his ass out for a year or longer is fine by me! He's over-rated and over-felated...

If they'd suspended him without evidence that the texts were actually sent by him, he'd have a legitimate claim that he could challenge in arbitration by claiming that they weren't sent by him.

In this case, I think that a fine for non-cooperation was all they could do. I don't think the commish has the power to suspend for not cooperating in an investigation, correct me if I'm wrong?

I bet Buela Ballbreaker would have convicted him by now. On another note, Espn just said his fine was equivalent to a 150 dollar fine for a person that makes 50k a year.

Really? At least in MLB, a person's character and off-field behavior certainly impacts voting and is an explicit requirement for voters.

It isn't explicitely a requirement in football (as you correctly state it is in Baseball) but there's a voting process and each individual has their own criteria. If 80% agree with Flea, on the first ballot, Burt Favor, or whatever her name is, will get in. If they agree with me, that this stuff (and this isn't the only example) is a stain on his career, he won't. Nobody has to explain their ballots.

I personally think this kind of thing matters. If I had a vote, I wouldn't cast it for Favre on the first ballot.

I don't know about Hall of Fame voting but the fact is any normal person would get fired for that harassment. Watch the civil suit and settlement, it's going to be much higher than $50k. Favre will setttle just to keep it all out of court. The only defense he has is that she can't prove she didn't ask for the photos.

Anyone else notice they haven't shown Favre's wife on TV all season? Used to be automatic on game day.

As an aside, $50k is an insult as a fine in this case. Most "regular guys", which Favre pretends to be, lose their jobs over sexual harassment.

I know this isn't exactly the crowd for a defense of him, lol, but just pointing out technically it was ruled there was insufficient evidence for sexual harassment. I've even heard some comments that sending lewd photos between two adults doesn't necessarily constitute sexual harrassement; it depends on the circumstances. Also, that she waited two years would've hurt her case badly, even had the photos been "forensically" confirmed.

I could care less about baseball in this conversation...

I hate Favre too much. Personal bias. I would make him sit. Dent should be in before his ass...

No way, no how does Dent deserve to be in before Favre. I hate Favre as well but he is a first ballot HOF. Dent is a fringe HOF. He will probably make it eventually but he was no where near the player Favre was.

Peace :dabears

Becasue Dent is a Bear and Favre is a Packer...

If I have a vote that's how I vote. The rest of the NFL can sleep easier I don't have a vote, but I think many a Chicago fan wouldn't mind me voting...

No way, no how does Dent deserve to be in before Favre. I hate Favre as well but he is a first ballot HOF. Dent is a fringe HOF. He will probably make it eventually but he was no where near the player Favre was.

Peace :dabears

Favre is a douche.

Favre is a tool.

Favre is a documented ass hole.

But you can't argue, that he is also a 1st ballot HOF'er.

I honestly think there were more two-way texts then were let on. Farve probably gave his phone records or when they both didn't, they couldn't prove anything. I'm sure he did it, but without out the concrete evidence, what can you do?