trib article about Bears Spending.

GakMan23

People forget that earlier in the season it was Taylor and not Forte running the ball more effectively. Forte has picked it up and Taylor has definitely struggled but he's also had a hard time finding some creases.

You may say I forget that, I really don't remember seeing it...and I'd contend that it might not have happened. My memory says that the early-season games where I saw Taylor, he was pretty ineffective also.

I think we could have gotten better value for our dollar if we bought a ball bag instead of Taylor. The bag would have had a better YPC. Manumaleuna is flat out stealing a check every Sunday. Charles Woodson made him look like a 2nd grader out there last week. I would consider cutting our losses with both of them and rebuild in the draft...of course after Angelo resigns for sucking.

I think we could have gotten better value for our dollar if we bought a ball bag instead of Taylor. The bag would have had a better YPC. Manumaleuna is flat out stealing a check every Sunday. Charles Woodson made him look like a 2nd grader out there last week. I would consider cutting our losses with both of them and rebuild in the draft...of course after Angelo resigns for sucking.

I believe the team will absolutely cut its losses on both of them this offseason.

Wow. Imagine what could have been done if 13Million wasn't wasted on Manu and Taylor.

I can't argue with what a waste Manu has been. However, Matt Forte has been pretty damn good this year. Is he able to block and run as effectively without Taylor looking over his shoulder? With Taylor's experience and blocking ability, combined with how Forte responded, I can't complain about signing him.

What everyone is missing is how much money we have to spend this year. We have all our major guys under contract and with resonable numbers since we always seem to front load contracts.

We can be major players in free agency again this year.

I can't argue with what a waste Manu has been. However, Matt Forte has been pretty damn good this year. Is he able to block and run as effectively without Taylor looking over his shoulder? With Taylor's experience and blocking ability, combined with how Forte responded, I can't complain about signing him.

What everyone is missing is how much money we have to spend this year. We have all our major guys under contract and with resonable numbers since we always seem to front load contracts.

We can be major players in free agency again this year.

Depends on the CBA situation.

There is some real talent out there, depending on hwo the cap structure winds up.