Back in the again playoffs in 2011-12

Wesson44

From looking at this just released schedule we are going to have another good year I'm thinking 11-5 again at least playing only seven teams with winning records and six playoff teams..

In addition to home-and-away games against NFC North foes Detroit (6-10), Green Bay (10-6) and Minnesota (6-10), the Bears will host Atlanta (13-3), Carolina (2-14), Seattle (7-9), Kansas City (10-6) and San Diego (9-7); and visit New Orleans (11-5), Tampa Bay (10-6), Philadelphia (10-6), Denver (4-12) and Oakland (8-8

From looking at this just released schedule we are going to have another good year I'm thinking 11-5 again at least playing only seven teams with winning records and six playoff teams..

In addition to home-and-away games against NFC North foes Detroit (6-10), Green Bay (10-6) and Minnesota (6-10), the Bears will host Atlanta (13-3), Carolina (2-14), Seattle (7-9), Kansas City (10-6) and San Diego (9-7); and visit New Orleans (11-5), Tampa Bay (10-6), Philadelphia (10-6), Denver (4-12) and Oakland (8-8

Actually that is a tough schedule. The records are pretty deceiving. I would say Minnesota, Detroit, and Denver will all be better than their records indicate. The only gimme game I see is Carolina at home. Also, since we play GB twice, it is 8 games vs winning teams and 7 games vs playoff teams. That is more like a 9 to 10 win season.

Hard to say, how easy hard that schedule will be once the season gets under way. Strength of schedule is so flaky cause teams that suck this year can be goo next year, teams the are good this year can suck next, and great teams this year can look average. At this point yeah that schedule looks promising. We can look at our division first of all, GB will be a force still and even while redily supplying the IR roster this season they have remained a dangerous team (wish we'd have beat them and knocked them out of the playoffs). Minny mostly needs some stability, I dont' see Favre coming back next year let alone to the Vikings. So they have to figure out who their QB will be whether it be Webb or someone else Jackson may be gone as well. Peterson is a load but he can't carry an offense. They have talent at wide out but need stability at QB (sound familiar). Detroit I think will be a force to be reckoned with with if not next year but the year after. They've been quietly loading up with talent and are now learning how to win and finish games. They are no longer a cellar dweller. so within our division alone, there is a tough GB team a tough up and coming Lions team, and if Frazier can right the ship in Minny we could have a very competitive division on our hands.

By far the weakest division in our conf is the west and we face one team from there in Seattle who is more in the playoffs by default because someone had to win that cruddy division.

The south has Atlanta and No and the upcoming Bucks and the horrid panthers. we play everyone in that division. We host the birds and the panthers and visit the saints and bucs. Three of those four games could be tough.

THe East has the eagles who are kinda up and down, the Giants who annually fade at the end of the season, the Cowboys who have talent but haven't play up to their abilities. Eagles are the only team we have from the East.

The AFC teams Chargers, Raiders, Broncos, Chiefs. Depending on when we play the chargers it could be a challenge but it's at Soldier Field. KC has improved but again it's at home. At Denver could be interesting Tebow gives them mobility at the QB position that they missed with Orton. Oakland has improved as well and that's not an easy place to play.

Probably just a preference to not have one's innards cut open by said Raider's fans. A good friend of mine brought his daughter to a game and saw an opposing fan get knifed in the gut right in front of him. He spent the rest of the day talking to the police, etc. He vowed from that point on to not be a Raiders fan. Thankfully there were other witnesses, and they only used his report in the case and he did not have to testify.

Too long of a drive to Oakland?