The key against Seattle

jason

In the last game against the Bears, Seattle had six sacks. After a quick analysis, it's pretty clear what needs to be fixed. Here is a list of the sacks (may not be in order)...

1 - Lewis - CB/S blitz - Outside - Omiyale bad read

2 - Curry - LB blitz - Outside - Webb bad read

3 - Milloy - CB/S blitz - Outside - Webb bad read

4 - Babineaux - CB/S blitz - Outside - Forte bad read

5 - Milloy - CB/S blitz - Outside - Webb bad read

6 - Babineaux/Clemmons - CB/S blitz - Outside - Webb bad read

Aside from the misread by Forte, that's 5 sacks that have the following in common:

1 - From the outside of the tackle

2 - The OT made a bad read and dove inside

Note: The final sack of the game just as easily could have been on Omiyale, because he got blown by as well. It just so happens that Cutler stepped forward into the sack from the other side.

Key to the game: Better blitz recognition and pickup from the OL.

In the last game against the Bears, Seattle had six sacks. After a quick analysis, it's pretty clear what needs to be fixed. Here is a list of the sacks (may not be in order)...

1 - Lewis - CB/S blitz - Outside - Omiyale bad read

2 - Curry - LB blitz - Outside - Webb bad read

3 - Milloy - CB/S blitz - Outside - Webb bad read

4 - Babineaux - CB/S blitz - Outside - Forte bad read

5 - Milloy - CB/S blitz - Outside - Webb bad read

6 - Babineaux/Clemmons - CB/S blitz - Outside - Webb bad read

Aside from the misread by Forte, that's 5 sacks that have the following in common:

1 - From the outside of the tackle

2 - The OT made a bad read and dove inside

Note: The final sack of the game just as easily could have been on Omiyale, because he got blown by as well. It just so happens that Cutler stepped forward into the sack from the other side.

Key to the game: Better blitz recognition and pickup from the OL.

You're exactly right Jason and I believe Garza was hurt then also. I'm not saying that he makes a huge difference but, it seems that Webb has played better with Garza next to him than when he was out and Edwinn Williams was at RG. I believe Webb has learned how/when to hold to protect the QB. I've got another key and that is the middle of the defense has to play much better than last time.

Well obviously. Garza was out, it was Webb's 2nd game at RT, and Williams' first game as an OG.

However, I think the key is running the ball. Like I said in another thread, the Bears ran the ball 12 times (passed 47) in week 6 vs Seattle. If Seattle sacks Cutler 5-6 times again, I think the Bears can still win if they have a better balance offensively. Plus, Martz would have to be retarded to not run with Forte, one of the hottest RB's in football.

Well obviously. Garza was out, it was Webb's 2nd game at RT, and Williams' first game as an OG.

However, I think the key is running the ball. Like I said in another thread, the Bears ran the ball 12 times (passed 47) in week 6 vs Seattle. If Seattle sacks Cutler 5-6 times again, I think the Bears can still win if they have a better balance offensively. Plus, Martz would have to be retarded to not run with Forte, one of the hottest RB's in football.

Good points. To me the keys will be better balance on offense and quick passing when we throw. Same formula we have had all year when the offense has been good.

Hopefully Martz realizes that now is not the time to experiment, open up the playbook, and show everybody how smart he is. When he does that crap, the offense costs us the game.

Good points. To me the keys will be better balance on offense and quick passing when we throw. Same formula we have had all year when the offense has been good.

Hopefully Martz realizes that now is not the time to experiment, open up the playbook, and show everybody how smart he is. When he does that crap, the offense costs us the game.

When Cutler came out and said that they didn't change any protections versus the Packers from the previous game tells me that they are cooking up something that we haven't seen before and I can only hope that everyone is on the same page so that timeouts are not burned unneccessarily.

When Cutler came out and said that they didn't change any protections versus the Packers from the previous game tells me that they are cooking up something that we haven't seen before and I can only hope that everyone is on the same page so that timeouts are not burned unneccessarily.

I agree. I think the Minds of the Midway are hard at work. Do I smell smoke? Anyways, I think with the line coming as far as they have, we are in for a treat this year.