Future FA fodder

Alaskan Grizzly

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/56849...-end-up/page/51

According to this article it attempts to predict where the top 50 FAs will go next season, provided there isn't a lockout. For the Bears???

Michael Bush - RB (Raiders): Apparently Forte and Taylor are "Faulkish" running backs so Chicago could benefit from a bruiser back like Bush

Matt Light OL(Patriots): Tackle that is reaching his shelf-life and the Bears are needing a good and solid tackle. And NE doesn't like old guys.

Braylon Edwards - WR (Jets): sounds like Santonio could be taking #1 and Braylon might cost too much for NY to maintain. Besides, this could be the big WR Jay needs.

Rumors out of Boston are that Matt Light might hang up the cleats after his contract is up. However, his teammate, OG Logan Mankins, will be a UFA as well.

Edwards is kind of a headache. I'd rather them go after another young guy, maybe like a James Jones from GB. Despite his TD catch against Philly, he's kind of been the odd-man out there.

Bush would be alright, but they should focus on CB too (Asomugha just got his contract terminated by Oakland. Only problem is- he's going to demand huge money and will the Bears do that again after a $120m offseason).

According to this article it attempts to predict where the top 50 FAs will go next season, provided there isn't a lockout. For the Bears???

Michael Bush - RB (Raiders): Apparently Forte and Taylor are "Faulkish" running backs so Chicago could benefit from a bruiser back like Bush

Matt Light OL(Patriots): Tackle that is reaching his shelf-life and the Bears are needing a good and solid tackle. And NE doesn't like old guys.

Braylon Edwards - WR (Jets): sounds like Santonio could be taking #1 and Braylon might cost too much for NY to maintain. Besides, this could be the big WR Jay needs.

Of this group Light might be a possibility but I think the kid that the Bears put on IR Harvey Unga may be a similar redshirt situation to Bennett, Melton, Berrian and all the other guys they have done this way.

Agreed. Mankins is who I want.... Edwards I don't think offers enough for the money he'd want.

Rumors out of Boston are that Matt Light might hang up the cleats after his contract is up. However, his teammate, OG Logan Mankins, will be a UFA as well.

Edwards is kind of a headache. I'd rather them go after another young guy, maybe like a James Jones from GB. Despite his TD catch against Philly, he's kind of been the odd-man out there.

Bush would be alright, but they should focus on CB too (Asomugha just got his contract terminated by Oakland. Only problem is- he's going to demand huge money and will the Bears do that again after a $120m offseason).

Ugh. No, no, and no.

Bush is pointless, and will cost more than he's worth. What would he then be? Third string? Please, that's where you put in rookies with promise, not mid-level vets who are guaranteed to get 2yds per rush regardless of the situation.

Matt Light is interesting, but I've read he's going to retire. As said already, if the Bears are targeting an OL prospect from the Pats, I hope it's Logan Mankins.

Braylon Edwards is unnecessary. I honestly think the WRs will blossom incredibly when the OL is shored up, and if the Bears wanted a WR with potential, some drops here and there, and some headache in the locker-room, then I'd rather see Moss or Owens in Chicago.

Edwards drops the ball too damn much and Knox covers that aspect as it is. I say Mankins should be signed...

Or we can go BearsFanNYC's rout (the JA way) and draft 7 offensive lineman and hope one of them is good.

I think maybe you're talking about MY method! hahaha...but I wouldn't be all that unhappy with an entire draft of OL. Giving it a 50% success rate would replenish at least 2 or 3 of the positions on the OL.

I like Mankins also, but there's an issue with how you construct the line with him. Do you just move Williams back to LT?

Yes and absolutely

What he was drafted for and more his "natural" spot. Was re-watching some of the last Minny game and his pulling and mobility were laughable. In fact, I did laugh a few times.

Seems to me that we do still need offensive line help and there were three I saw on this slide show: Matt Light of the Patriots, Jermon Bushrod of the Saints and Tyson Clabo of the Falcons. If Mankins is available and we are able to get at least one or a combination of the four, that would be good. We also need defensive backfield help and it would interesting to watch Antonio Cromartie or Nnamdi Asomugha with Peanut and Chris Harris. We'll have to see how quickly the CBA is resolved and hope that JA does not stick his head up his arse once more after pulling it out with getting Peppers. Yet Taylor and Manumaleuna makes me think that he has already re-inserted his head.

Seriously, if we went with your method this upcoming season I wouldn't be boethered in the least...unless JA continues to draft injured guys.

I think maybe you're talking about MY method! hahaha...but I wouldn't be all that unhappy with an entire draft of OL. Giving it a 50% success rate would replenish at least 2 or 3 of the positions on the OL.

I'm thinking DB is more of a luxery than DL. One more good guy up front, will help the entire defense.

All line...O and D, and that'd be OK with me.

Seems to me that we do still need offensive line help and there were three I saw on this slide show: Matt Light of the Patriots, Jermon Bushrod of the Saints and Tyson Clabo of the Falcons. If Mankins is available and we are able to get at least one or a combination of the four, that would be good. We also need defensive backfield help and it would interesting to watch Antonio Cromartie or Nnamdi Asomugha with Peanut and Chris Harris. We'll have to see how quickly the CBA is resolved and hope that JA does not stick his head up his arse once more after pulling it out with getting Peppers. Yet Taylor and Manumaleuna makes me think that he has already re-inserted his head.

Omiyale needs to go....and who we draft at #1 need to replace his matador impersonating ass...

This is in general already thought to be a pretty weak draft (most of the talent came out last year as underclassmen to get their contracts signed before the lockout/CBA hit). Thinking you'll find a top flight O-Lineman late in the first round who can step in immediately as your LT starter is very risky.

Regrdless, we still need to draft that sopt high.

This is in general already thought to be a pretty weak draft (most of the talent came out last year as underclassmen to get their contracts signed before the lockout/CBA hit). Thinking you'll find a top flight O-Lineman late in the first round who can step in immediately as your LT starter is very risky.

Nate Solder is an interesting guy. He's a giant (6'8ish) but is pretty raw and slender for that height and for a LT. But he might be worth taking a flyer on.

Like we've all said though, yes OL is a big need. But why draft a typical-2nd round guy in the late 1st just because? That kind of s*** gets a franchise in trouble.