Green Bay Packers at Chicago Bears, 1/23/11

balta1701-A

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the former director of officiating for the NFL sees an instant replay, and thinks that it should be an incompletion, and the instant replay shows NOT ONLY the ball hitting the ground between the DB's hands, but also showing it move, thne how the hell does the interception stand?

I thought it was an INT, but after the replay I was positive that it was an incompletion.

Mike Martz needs to get his head out of his ass and adjust. This gameplan isnt work. The combination of deep passes and running outside isnt going to work here against the pack. So either start using max protect scheme or start to call shorter passes. And this idea that you can run a screen with a disfuntional line is amazing.

You want to laugh, check some of the line's salaries. They are stealing.

When the former director of officiating for the NFL sees an instant replay, and thinks that it should be an incompletion, and the instant replay shows NOT ONLY the ball hitting the ground between the DB's hands, but also showing it move, thne how the hell does the interception stand?

I thought it was an INT, but after the replay I was positive that it was an incompletion.

Anybody with eyes could see that. Just another awful call.

Wasn't the worst replay decision I've ever seen, but that's a difficult one to defend.

NEGATIVE

I'd say the Bears would get a D or an F for the first half.

-Offensive Play calling: D

-Defensive Play calling: C-

-QB play: D

-OL play: F

-RB play: C+

-WR play: C

POSITIVE

-The Packers are only up 14-0

-The Bears offense has moved the ball somewhat.

-The Bears get the ball first in the second half.

I have not lost hope. But some serious changes need to happen.

I really disagree about the offensive line. Considering how we started the year and what weve grown to expect I figured the O line would be a lot worse. theyre not great, but weve had some running lanes and Cutler has had some times for the most part. The issue is more WRs not getting open and Cutler making too safe of throws when it appears he has time to throw just so he doesnt throw a pick (until the end of the half).

And I'll be the first to say if we can get ANYTHING for Knox I'd do it in a heartbeat. Can't stand him! Most overrated Bear on this team. Can't catch the ball unless it's handed to him on a silver platter, can't defend a bad pass from being an interception, and doesn't even look to see if the guy is down or not. I can't stand the guy and hope he is gone next year..

I really disagree about the offensive line. Considering how we started the year and what weve grown to expect I figured the O line would be a lot worse. theyre not great, but weve had some running lanes and Cutler has had some times for the most part. The issue is more WRs not getting open and Cutler making too safe of throws when it appears he has time to throw just so he doesnt throw a pick (until the end of the half).

I must have missed the plays with the running lanes. There was one that I saw, and it was the draw for a first down that caught the packers off-guard.

I'd say the passing game is more of a mixed bag. The OL's protection has been bad, but not atrocious. And Cutler's accuracy has been bad when he's had some time.

Cutler apparently hurt according to numerous twitter reports. Haine warming up. LOL

If that is true, the season is over. HOWEVER, I haven't heard it at all on TV...so I doubt it. Those sideline vultures are all over stuff like that.

Another 3 and out from Martz and Cutler, this sort of thing will be the death of us.

What did Martz do wrong on that drive!? You're hatred is ignorant sometimes.

Run, run, short pass. That is the EXACT recipe you've been asking for! That is PRECISELY what is needed when an OL is playing like garbage and the QB is throwing inaccurately.

Cutler made a bad throw. Period.