New Poll

mondonico

Well, after being a lurker here for a long, long time I must say it's time to say hello and ask a question.

As a life long Bear fan of over 50 years I never expected the Bears to be in this position this year, and least of all to have the once in a multitude of lifetime chances to eliminate my most hated team! Not only in the playoffs, but the NFC Champianship game at home! I will be physically sick if the Packers win the Halas Trophey next weekend. I'm already "forever" sick that the Superbowl Trophey is called the Lombardi Trophey!!!!!

Am I sutpid or do others feel the same way?

Well, after being a lurker here for a long, long time I must say it's time to say hello and ask a question.

As a life long Bear fan of over 50 years I never expected the Bears to be in this position this year, and least of all to have the once in a multitude of lifetime chances to eliminate my most hated team! Not only in the playoffs, but the NFC Champianship game at home! I will be physically sick if the Packers win the Halas Trophey next weekend. I'm already "forever" sick that the Superbowl Trophey is called the Lombardi Trophey!!!!!

I think your sediments are probably what 99.999% of Bears fans feel.

Welcome Bill, Well as a Bear fan for as long as you have been I to would be sick if the Bears loose this year to the Pukers. But to just clear things up nothing is stupid when it comes to feelings of the Bears. Halas started the NFL so it should be the Halas Trophey for the Super Bowl award. But I think he was approached about it and still being alive at the time , Iam sure Papa Bear turned it down. Nice to think that anyway.

I'm sick whenever Green Bay wins, period...

I can deal with the Lombardi name on the trophy...cie la vie. But I can't deal with GB hoisting it!

My understanding is that just about the time the NFL was looking to name the trophy, Lombardi was diagnosed with cancer. He'd won several championships and the league decided to honor him. The Packers have won 12 championships and though I hate them when we play them, you've got to admit that's pretty impressive for a little town in northern Wisconsin. I'm fine with the name being what it is.

Now let's kick their Packer asses this weekend and get up to 10 championships to close the gap!